News Miles thrives - Gets 2 year extension

Article written by a melbourne player, weird.

The other Jesse Hogan. The journalist from The Age.

Imagine Jesse Hogan, the journalist, interviewing Jesse Hogan the footballer.

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
Are you calling Miles a liar as he said he talked to 3 clubs before we took him in his web chat? Great advert for his Manager though. Looks like he goes into bat for his players which is exactly what you want in a Manager. Can he take on Dusty.

Sounds like Marty Pask talked to 3 clubs!!! Didn't say the clubs sought out Marty Pask.... you can see the convos now. Miles asks Pask if there's any interest and Pask says yeah, 3 clubs have spoken to me about you (obviously to say they weren't interested!)

Agree though about Pask being good as a manager for him. Well done by him to get his client a second crack...

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
I'm with Rusty on this one, the two other clubs that we beat to the punch were much smarter than us, looking to pick him up even later on in the rookie draft. I mean, how should they know we'd be stupid enough to over pay for his services?! :drunk::drunk::drunk:
Would those two clubs by definition have been interested in him ?

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
You know it's against the law to concede an argument on here.

Seriously, 10 games in 2 years at GWS, delisted, ignored in national draft, ignored in preseason draft...pick 27 rookie draft. But he was highly sought after?
You run that argument Rusty and I devalue other seemingly more logical posts you write.
Who said he was highly sought after , Dr Mike has stated that the 17 other clubs were not interested in him . Miles said in his on line chat that 3 clubs talked to him . Somebody is telling pork pies and it's not me. I'll take Miles word over Dr Mikes .

If you read my posts on Miles I have stated he was an excellent price of recruiting and could possibly be our best rookie ever if he plays 200 games.

You guys can gang up in me all you like but of you actually take time to read the above posts you'll have a different point of view. I love the gang thing though it's very cool.

Who said he was highly sought after , Dr Mike has stated that the 17 other clubs were not interested in him . Miles said in his on line chat that 3 clubs talked to him . Somebody is telling pork pies and it's not me. I'll take Miles word over Dr Mikes .

If you read my posts on Miles I have stated he was an excellent price of recruiting and could possibly be our best rookie ever if he plays 200 games.

You guys can gang up in me all you like but of you actually take time to read the above posts you'll have a different point of view. I love the gang thing though it's very cool.

three girls can talk to you at the nightclub, but it doesn't mean any of them will go home with you

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
three girls can talk to you at the nightclub, but it doesn't mean any of them will go home with you
Really comparable analogy , well done . Chortle . I suppose those 3 girls would of watched tapes of me on the dance floor or even hid behind a speaker while watching me on the dance floor the week before , maybe rang an old girlfriend of mine and asked how
I went before they came to talk to me .

Really good analogy . Hilarious , I've got to ask was it serious or were you just messing with me ?

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Really comparable analogy , well done . Chortle . I suppose those 3 girls would of watched tapes of me on the dance floor or even hid behind a speaker while watching me on the dance floor the week before , maybe rang an old girlfriend of mine and asked how

Really good analogy . Hilarious , I've got to ask was it serious or were you just messing with me ?

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yes. But if your aunty had balls, she'd be your uncle ;)

No use dealing in what-ifs. Fact is we picked him up in the rookie draft at the 11th hr. If these other clubs had a real interest, they probably would have beaten us to the punch.
So they had interest but not real interest ? I thought non of the other 17 clubs had any interest in him according to Dr Mike.

I suppose your on my side of this debate.

you have never been with girls to a nightclub then, they are on the look out for good talent as much as the boys are, and if they are talking to you, they have already scouted you

I suppose the fact you are now relying on bad sarcasm it means you have all but conceded you are wrong on this one?

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
you have never been with girls to a nightclub then, they are on the look out for good talent as much as the boys are, and if they are talking to you, they have already scouted you

I suppose the fact you are now relying on bad sarcasm it means you have all but conceded you are wrong on this one?
So your saying that the 3 girls that allegedly talked to me have already shown interest in me. You are making my point for me. .

Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
So they had interest but not real interest ? I thought non of the other 17 clubs had any interest in him according to Dr Mike.

I suppose your on my side of this debate.

I guess I agree with you that in a completely pedantic and irrelevant way, Miles comments contradict what the Dr said. But I struggle to see its relevance to anything.

So your saying that the 3 girls that allegedly talked to me have already shown interest in me. You are making my point for me. .

yes, they have show interest in you, but obviously not enough to consider taking you home - thats the point

This is as dumb as the idiots on the Norf board with Caddy. "He's had a tour of the facilities!!!", "he likes the coach and our culture!!!". He showed interest in Norf, where is he how??

As I said before, there is interest, and there is interest. Fact he went after well over 100 picks bypassed him indicates 2 of the 3 clubs who showed interest in him were purely tyre kickers. And as any salesperson knows, only flogs get excited by tyre kickers

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
yes, they have show interest in you, but obviously not enough to consider taking you home - thats the point

This is as dumb as the idiots on the Norf board with Caddy. "He's had a tour of the facilities!!!", "he likes the coach and our culture!!!". He showed interest in Norf, where is he how??

As I said before, there is interest, and there is interest. Fact he went after well over 100 picks bypassed him indicates 2 of the 3 clubs who showed interest in him were purely tyre kickers. And as any salesperson knows, only flogs get excited by tyre kickers
Well I suppose you agree with me that 2 other clubs showed interest in miles other than us . Thank you you better be careful Your differentiating yourself from the gang

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Miles ,geez he's surprised me says DH wiping a tear away from his eyes with his right hand onto his nose and pushing it further to the left as he tries to hide his shame
Seriously guys if someone is not picked after 17 other clubs have all had a pick then 17 clubs have all looked at him in the Rookie draft
its not as if he was in tha afl Natinal draft
the 134 picks before him is bull dust as teams select from the national draft first after the trade period
Since he went down the tree in the rookie draft means nothing as most clubs have picked their full list by then
We were the beneficiaries as we had the vacancies and even enough room to put Thomas the Tank in the shed before him
Lets not get carried away with over dramatisation and kill a wonderful story
Unless there aRe 134 clubs in the afl then only 17 clubs overlooked him
FFS why can't people use some common sense and play the OP and not the man

I had an interesting discussion about Miles today after the game with people that would know, he wasn't ready round 1. Given that I would hope that people aren't belittling the achievement that Miles has produced since joining the club, changing from a player that was almost out of the system to someone that has cemented his place in the side through working on his deficiencies and having an extremely positive attitude towards his development. Miles is an extremely good kid, we are lucky to have him.

Last edited:
Back