News Miles thrives - Gets 2 year extension

Remove this Banner Ad

So whose spinning the crap.
Your mate??Your mates evidence seems to closely coincide with my informants.ALL Strange to meo_O

DrMikes informants? Still love to know the deficiencies these informants said the kid had as hes playing the game as well now as he was against the Dees in the NAB Challenge

My blokes i meet around the traps;)? OR
Dimma's dissection?

Porky pies somewhere

lol you have informants ? Also before throwing DrMike under the bus, why not try to use your brain a bit. Yes Miles is playing wonderfully but maybe, just maybe, the club wanted to make sure 100% that Miles was adjusted to his new club and not throw him in the deep end to early and add more pressure on the kid to early. Hindsight is a great thing, but again think this through a bit.

Yeah the club would be kicking themselves and nobody, not even yourself posted during the NAB and rounds 1-5 that Miles would be a lock for 26 plus posies every week and be such a plus in our side. Most, myself included wanted him in the side over thomas due to age and up side but in no way did I think he would have such an impact.

lol you have informants ? Also before throwing DrMike under the bus, why not try to use your brain a bit. Yes Miles is playing wonderfully but maybe, just maybe, the club wanted to make sure 100% that Miles was adjusted to his new club and not throw him in the deep end to early and add more pressure on the kid to early. Hindsight is a great thing, but again think this through a bit.
if people dont or or didnt understand this comment they never will, we have pulled the trigger on rookies too soon before and ended up looking stupid, thomas was always a fill in for 5-25 games who was rough n ready and to be used as a ram to absorb punishment so our thoroughbreds wouldn't end end up on the bottom of every pack..... miles, if thrown in too early in this role may have shortened and hindered his career, he was too raw but something to work on in the nursery of the vfl, he has something special thats for sure but im not blowing my load just yet, he needs work still and will be found out against cagey strong overhead guys like lewis, bartell and co.. he is not that good overhead and may struggle to kick over 50 set shot and he rarely carries or spreads. clubs will match him up and he needs to keep getting better, he looks like he will work his guts out on and off the field, he played a lot of the wce game on priddis and i thought priddis was eagles best player by a fair way. miles was good too of course but not in our best 5 good.

if people dont or or didnt understand this comment they never will, we have pulled the trigger on rookies too soon before and ended up looking stupid, thomas was always a fill in for 5-25 games who was rough n ready and to be used as a ram to absorb punishment so our thoroughbreds wouldn't end end up on the bottom of every pack..... miles, if thrown in too early in this role may have shortened and hindered his career, he was too raw but something to work on in the nursery of the vfl, he has something special thats for sure but im not blowing my load just yet, he needs work still and will be found out against cagey strong overhead guys like lewis, bartell and co.. he is not that good overhead and may struggle to kick over 50 set shot and he rarely carries or spreads. clubs will match him up and he needs to keep getting better, he looks like he will work his guts out on and off the field, he played a lot of the wce game on priddis and i thought priddis was eagles best player by a fair way. miles was good too of course but not in our best 5 good.
So his career is shortened by half a season and we miss finals again .This is bullshxt as DH said he was surprised. It was the lack of faith in his ability and the coaching staff wanting to play retreads before him
PMSL this thread is getting funnier by the post

I think we committed to Thomas as Tucks replacement early in the piece. Remember this was the second year in a row we tried to get Matt Thomas after Port refused to trade him the previous year.

Whichever poster said that Matt Thomas' lack of penetration by foot had hurt us was spot on, as for all the s**t we heaped on Tuck for banging it on the boot he could kick it a mile, even if a lot of that distance was straight up.

So his career is shortened by half a season and we miss finals again .This is bullshxt as DH said he was surprised. It was the lack of faith in his ability and the coaching staff wanting to play retreads before him
PMSL this thread is getting funnier by the post

We reignited his career. We did not delay it. The Club was shrewd to recruit Anthony and have developed him further. Credit to the recruiting and development staff and, more importantly, Anthony is a credit to himself.

Haere Ra

We reignited his career. We did not delay it. The Club was shrewd to recruit Anthony and have developed him further. Credit to the recruiting and development staff and, more importantly, Anthony is a credit to himself.

Haere Ra
He was ticking from the first nab game
At his age he was waiting for an opportunity as he had been deprived from playing for Gws bc of All their number one picks
He was playing and training with some of best young teenagers up North
He just needed an opportunity and he only got bc of late injuries and he was elevated
Otherwise he would still be running around in the vfl
As said earlier by previous posters Thomas was always the preferred option bc of DH infatuation with retreads and his inability to recognise and have faith in young talent

Utter tripe....we finally get some bigger...harder...tougher and stronger bodies in the side to soak up some of that meat grinding pressure so that the younger players dont get thrown under a bus before they are ready....and people complain....

Utter tripe....we finally get some bigger...harder...tougher and stronger bodies in the side to soak up some of that meat grinding pressure so that the younger players dont get thrown under a bus before they are ready....and people complain....
He's been 4 years in the system playing over fifty reserves games up north. Already to go ,thanking you GWS for the development work
It was like picking up a tuck after years of playing in the seconds
So in 3 months he went from physically inept to ready ????PMSL
If your bodies not ready to play midfield by 22 then you should start auditioning for the next season of master chef
Spin what you want ,but we cost ourselves a top chance of makng finals and Miles a high finish in the JD medal and Brownlow
DH didn't mention this in the dissection. Are you saying he was misleading us?
Dh said deficiencies in his defensive side of things were to improve. Where did you get physically inept?
This guy could run through half of our team he's that strong and focused
Absolutely Baffling :cry:

He's been 4 years in the system playing over fifty reserves games up north. Already to go ,thanking you GWS for the development work
If your bodies not ready to play midfield by 22 then you should start auditioning for the next season of master chef
Spin what you want ,but we cost ourselves a top chance of makng finals and Miles a high finish in the JD medal and Brownlow
Dh said deficiencies in his defensive side of things were to improve. Where did you get physically inept?
Thomas and Stephenson were more ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok Riddile me this mate. If Miles was so primed and ready and it was so plain to see, why did every club pass on him in the draft to allow us to rookie him?

hmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok Riddile me this mate. If Miles was so primed and ready and it was so plain to see, why did every club pass on him in the draft to allow us to rookie him?

hmmm

The same reason every other club passed on Thomas, maybe?

Let's not facts get in the way, but Miles was picked in the pre-season draft at pick 27, almost 20 spots ahead of Thomas at 42.
Also fact, Richmond passed on two selections in the national draft as they prefer to list rookies and have them battle it out.
Miles could easily have been picked in the draft proper.
From where I sit, we erred big time not listing Miles before round one. No amount of spin will deflect from the fact we stuffed up. Miles waqs in our best consistently throughout the pre-season .... the fact he was made to wait another three weeks after he was finally listed was deplorable.

Let's not facts get in the way, but Miles was picked in the pre-season draft at pick 27, almost 20 spots ahead of Thomas at 42.
Also fact, Richmond passed on two selections in the national draft as they prefer to list rookies and have them battle it out.
From where I sit, we erred big time not listing Miles before round one. No amount of spin will deflect from the fact we stuffed up. Miles waqs in our best consistently throughout the pre-season .... the fact he was made to wait another three weeks after he was finally listed was deplorable.
^ This

^This x2

Rubbish.....team is playing well NOW...which justified Miles late selection...
The reasons the rfc are on fire now is
1 Rance And Lids are now fully fit
2 ivaaaan Maric is now just about 100% fit and has reinstated Hampson spot where we played a man short for half a season(huge factor)
3 Miles replacing Griggs where we needed a midfielder with inside grunt and Ellis is now doing Griggs job with run and more desire
4 TV coming to form as our ruck/fwd combo
5 game plan back to 2013 reinstated

:)
2 ivaaaan Maric is now just about 100% fit and has reinstated Hampson spot where we played a man short for half a season(huge factor)
3 Miles replacing Griggs where we needed a midfielder with inside grunt and Ellis is now doing Griggs job with run and more desire
Five out of five :)

Agree, lets not let facts get in front of fantasy developed by easy hindsight.

Yes Miles was picked up as a rookie, no matter how you try to spin that, its a fact. He was picked as a Rookie by us ( thank god he is with us btw) and passed over by 17 other clubs not once but twice for his limitations showed when he was playing at GWS. You say he could have easily been picked up on the draft proper, lol sorry he wasnt and it was simply due to two main things, his quality of disposal and his precieved tank issues.

If you do not believe me, just go look yourself on the GWS site, papers and even there own supporters. What was never, ever in doubt though, even when he was in the GWS was his desire to get better.

So in stead of knocking our club on why we did not pick him in the seniors from rnd 1. Why not appreciate the rapid development he has had. His disposal now is much improved, he has hardly any endurance issues now and the main thing, his body is more afl ready. We made him wait till early in the year, so what ? We did that with the long term view IMO and I have no issue with that.

Oh deary :rolleyes:

We are winning mainly due to having on the park, fit and healthy Ivan, lids, and rance. We are winning as Foley has regained semblance of form and in combination with Miles they have covered the crash and bash in the center that jackson used to provide. We are winning as the coaching group were disciplined enough to drop Vickery for not just one week, to force the penny to drop.

Ellis finally has taken Griggs wing role. Vlastuin has got better as a player.

The game plan is not the 2013 model, FFS, makes me frustrated hearing that. The game plan was never the issue. Hardwick did not instruct the players at the start of the year to kick sideways, backwards, and slow everything down. The players did that due to missing 6 out of our top 10 players for a good chunk of a 10 game period.

Port for example, lost only 3 of there starting 22 and lost 3-4 straight.

The reason we are winning is that the boys have confidence ( due to leadership thats on the park instead of in the re hab room) to run forward and actually implement the game plan the coaches have outlined

Remove this Banner Ad

Back