Opinion Richmonds future direction with Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a doubtful attendee but having seen the changes, extended bench or not, I'll watch on TV thanks.
Season is over and they are omitting young players for over the hill types like Thomas and Hampson, an out and out dud.

Still.

How does someone like Hampson even get a look it?

Thomas aswell. He has great endeavour and is a hard worker. But he isn't going to take as where we need to be. Lloyd might, O'Hanlon might, McBean might, but we will never know because they never get a go.

What message does this send to players trying their guts out in the 2's?????

Why even pick O'Hanlon if you are going to drop him after 1 f,,,,ing game???? How to completely destroy the morale with in the club..... Oren best kn ground week in week out???? Griffith in the 2's????/ and Hampson gets selected before him.

You know it's an extended bench, right? At least wait until the actual side is announced before sulking.

I dont care.... I went and watched the VFL last week.... Hamspn is a complete dud.... should not be playing VFL. Yet he gets picked before Oren and Griffith... Dimma CGAGF....

Is there a chance Hampson is being named to keep him somewhat interested? There is surely no way he is going to play.....

I have no problems with Morris, Vlas and Lloyd playing.... even if it means for 2 kids in Arnot and O'Hanlon (who I don't think will make it long term, probably). The other one to go will be one of Dea/Houli.... I'd drop Houli but I doubt that will happen...

I have no problems with Morris, Vlas and Lloyd playing.... even if it means for 2 kids in Arnot and O'Hanlon (who I don't think will make it long term, probably). The other one to go will be one of Dea/Houli.... I'd drop Houli but I doubt that will happen...

I agree with Vlas and Lloyd but not Morris, ice him for the season and get him ready for next year in my opinion, his form has been well below his usual efforts and his shoulder for all appearances appears to be proper ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Vlas and Lloyd but not Morris, ice him for the season and get him ready for next year in my opinion, his form has been well below his usual efforts and his shoulder for all appearances appears to be proper ******.

I think his shoulder doesn't appear too bad, he does grimace occasionally but it hasn't slowed his attack on the ball at all. His form over the last month has seemed pretty solid to me. I'm all for getting his shoulder fixed but as long as it is ready to go for the start of pre-season, then he can keep playing. I'm sure the medicos will ensure that he gets it done in time for then...

If that's the case then **** him off early to the junk pile that he will end up on in two year anyway

I'd like to piss him off there but for some reason we signed him for 3 years.... so they'll try to keep him up and about as much as they can without playing him while they research a double hand transplant for him...

"Extended bench" - Yes - I get it. But I'm furious that O'Hanlan is not given an opportunity to build on his excellent quarter last week. Arnot was played as a permanent forward, while our mids belted up an undermanned Lions midfield. Contested footy is still a problem, and I see Arnot as a smaller version of Tuck. If we needed a forward last week, then why wasn't Lloyd picked (last week) ?

I'm not sold on the idea of sacking coaches before their contracts end, but Hardwick and his Match Committee are very much responsible for the rubbish brand of football we have played all year. This year is a train wreck. I honestly think the club will be on its knees if 2015 is a repeat of 2014. Allowing Dimma to "fiddle" with the gameplan and allowing Benny Gale to go Brazil while percentage was keeping us from being last don't bode well with me.

I think if anyone entertains the idea of sacking Dimma, there needs to be a clear plan of who will replace him. I would not sack Dimma YET. I would sack all his assistants except Ross Smith.

I think his shoulder doesn't appear too bad, he does grimace occasionally but it hasn't slowed his attack on the ball at all. His form over the last month has seemed pretty solid to me. I'm all for getting his shoulder fixed but as long as it is ready to go for the start of pre-season, then he can keep playing. I'm sure the medicos will ensure that he gets it done in time for then...

A shoulder reco needs a good 3-4 months before its getting close to good, and a good 6 months before full contact is ok.. Now Im no doc, but given that he's popping his shoulder on a weekly basis, I'd say that's grounds for a reco. I'd send him in for surgery now so he's ready for day 1 of preseason

A shoulder reco needs a good 3-4 months before its getting close to good, and a good 6 months before full contact is ok.. Now Im no doc, but given that he's popping his shoulder on a weekly basis, I'd say that's grounds for a reco. I'd send him in for surgery now so he's ready for day 1 of preseason

So you think the medicos are keeping him playing and are writing off half of 2015 for the sake of 2014? I'd find that very surprising.... Perhaps they have done all the work, tests etc and he doesn't need a full reco......

"Extended bench" - Yes - I get it. But I'm furious that O'Hanlan is not given an opportunity to build on his excellent quarter last week. Arnot was played as a permanent forward, while our mids belted up an undermanned Lions midfield. Contested footy is still a problem, and I see Arnot as a smaller version of Tuck. If we needed a forward last week, then why wasn't Lloyd picked (last week) ?

I'm not sold on the idea of sacking coaches before their contracts end, but Hardwick and his Match Committee are very much responsible for the rubbish brand of football we have played all year. This year is a train wreck. I honestly think the club will be on its knees if 2015 is a repeat of 2014. Allowing Dimma to "fiddle" with the gameplan and allowing Benny Gale to go Brazil while percentage was keeping us from being last don't bode well with me.

I think if anyone entertains the idea of sacking Dimma, there needs to be a clear plan of who will replace him. I would not sack Dimma YET. I would sack all his assistants except Ross Smith.

Exactly..... Why even pick Ohanlon???

Grimaces pretty regularly, has gone from the ground at least 5 times this season showing obvious signs of carrying some kind of injury (pretty sure it's dislocated at least once), he's got balls the size of watermelons, but his shoulder is pretty clearly stuffed right now.. His form has picked up a bit, but still way off compared to last season.

As for the medicos, well their track record is shithouse when it comes to this scenario... Odds are he will have a shortened pre-season and be half baked at best...

Sub and played a quarter and dropped. What a disgrace.
You do realise that 3 of those listed will be omitted?
We will end up with vlas and morro in

You make this thread on a weekly basis lol
Extended bench is not the point, the point is that it clearly shows a pecking order and one that is distorted from the reality of where our team sits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back