Toast Ricky Petterd retires

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out is Newman, Axel, Knights and Petterd. That is quite a bit of clearing the decks, without the club needing to pull the trigger. There has to be some coin in the old wallet now.. Pushing over a million bucks in space from that I would think...

PD come on down

Out is Newman, Axel, Knights and Petterd. That is quite a bit of clearing the decks, without the club needing to pull the trigger. There has to be some coin in the old wallet now.. Pushing over a million bucks in space from that I would think...
Was probably about a million before Petterd, would be well over now.
Knights was 300k, Foley 400k and Newman would have been 250-300k too as a veteran
Would think it would be pushing around the $1.2-1.25m mark now now Petterd has retired.
Players regularly in the starting 22 as they all were would at least get the AFL average salary

Haven't paid 100 % of the cap for 2 seasons aswell, more money there.

Only 27! Reckon he was told they'd be no contract next year? Poor bugger. Pretty injury prone.

I remember him kicking a cracking nine-pointer super goal late in a NAB pre-season game, and had high hopes he'd give us something special. Good luck with life after footy Ricky.

Doubt it.

His body is ****ed and he has been thinking about retirement since Morris landed on him causing him to get injured in the first place. Probably took a leaf out of Foley and Knights book and decided that his body was no longer capable of handling AFL footy and now was the right time to retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back