RIP Glenn Frey

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Eagles guitarist has left the building . He helped write some of their most well known songs including Hotel California, Desperado and Lying Eyes. Also had a bit of a solo career with The Heat is On his most well known solo song. RIP.

Nooooooooooooo :cry:

As a long standing Eagles fan who has seen them live five times I am gutted.

More latter.......... just too upset at this sad news.

What a s**t month January 2016 has been for the Entertainment Industry.

Nooooooooooooo :cry:

As a long standing Eagles fan who has seen them live five times I am gutted.

More latter.......... just too upset at this sad news.

What a s**t month January 2016 has been for the Entertainment Industry.
I'm more into jazz and fusion than mainstream but I'm also a bit gutted myself. I've always been an Eagles fan and didn't mind some of his solo stuff either.

My favourite Eagles song:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemmy, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Glenn Frey...

Funnily enough, I remember him for his association with Miami Vice as much as I do for the song 'The Heat Is On' and his work with The Eagles (corny though much of it was).

RIP.

Lemmy, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Glenn Frey...

Funnily enough, I remember him for his association with Miami Vice as much as I do for the song 'The Heat Is On' and his work with The Eagles (corny though much of it was).

RIP.

How were the Eagles corny?

I came of age in the 70s and at first dismissive of Eagles as "too country" but when I went to LA In realised how well the music fitted the scene there. I like One of these Nights and Desperado.

Just watched History of The Eagles Part 1 and Part 2 on the Arts channel. Required viewing for mine. Just the beginnings and the collaboration and the drama and drugs.

There's a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford slowing down to take a look at me. Line sticks with me.

Eagles never considered themselves country. The producer of their first 2 albums was pushing them that way because he'd worked with the Who and Stones and that was Rock to him. They ditched him for more control.

Just watched History of The Eagles Part 1 and Part 2 on the Arts channel. Required viewing for mine. Just the beginnings and the collaboration and the drama and drugs.

There's a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford slowing down to take a look at me. Line sticks with me.

Eagles never considered themselves country. The producer of their first 2 albums was pushing them that way because he'd worked with the Who and Stones and that was Rock to him. They ditched him for more control.
Yep. Was a great doco. Glad they made it while everyone was still around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back