RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't even begin to imagine the turmoil he would be in to even need to purchase 50 bags.

How incredibly sad.

And yet, there is a part of my brain that has the Dandy Warhols singing along.

I know. Like absolutely out of control drug use. Very sad.

I know. Like absolutely out of control drug use. Very sad.

Pretty hard to imagine someone you perceive as incredibly talented and intelligent regularly turning themselves into a drooling mess. Makes you think how long has he been on it for? And if it's true he's been sober up until recently... why take up the habit again? Mind boggling. Anyway... RIP PSH.

Pretty hard to imagine someone you perceive as incredibly talented and intelligent regularly turning themselves into a drooling mess. Makes you think how long has he been on it for? And if it's true he's been sober up until recently... why take up the habit again? Mind boggling. Anyway... RIP PSH.

Not really. It's the dark side, the tension, that made his talent possible. But ye, doesn't change the fact how shocking it is.

In my experience, these 'habits' often reappear in times of extreme stress.

It seems he was under plenty.

In my experience, these 'habits' often reappear in times of extreme stress.

It seems he was under plenty.

Or there are those people who maintain a lifestyle with a drug like heroin in it. They are careful, measured, still manage to be productive, but in times of stress they tend to push it that bit further. Heroin, unlike alcohol, is very unforgiving for 'one more drink'. I'm thinking of a couple of (now deceased) Australian artists here.

Or there are those people who maintain a lifestyle with a drug like heroin in it. They are careful, measured, still manage to be productive, but in times of stress they tend to push it that bit further. Heroin, unlike alcohol, is very unforgiving for 'one more drink'. I'm thinking of a couple of (now deceased) Australian artists here.
I hear ya!

I hear ya!

Yes, sad cases both of them.

You ever read Barry Humphries biography when he talked about how he knew he had a booze problem when he had to get drunk to go to the pre-party drinks before the actual party? Or something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. It's the dark side, the tension, that made his talent possible. But ye, doesn't change the fact how shocking it is.

Yeah I'm not too sure about that. I get where you're coming from but I think there's quite a difference between a writer/musician/etc. and an actor/director. I doubt we would have seen the best of him if he'd remained an addict in his adult life...

Yes, sad cases both of them.

You ever read Barry Humphries biography when he talked about how he knew he had a booze problem when he had to get drunk to go to the pre-party drinks before the actual party? Or something like that.
Yes, I was given the bio as a birthday present many years ago.

And, as we know, the Australian film & theatre (not to mention the music scene) has been dominated by people over consuming just to get by. The stories of a now very famous NIDA graduate in the late 70's when he was just starting out are legendary. He was like the Ian Chappell of NIDA.

Yes, I was given the bio as a birthday present many years ago.

And, as we know, the Australian film & theatre (not to mention the music scene) has been dominated by people over consuming just to get by. The stories of a now very famous NIDA graduate in the late 70's when he was just starting out are legendary. He was like the Ian Chappell of NIDA.

Oh yes, quite the malcontent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back