RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

I know people that previously did or still do use ice. Purple Suit and Balony I have to agree. I've seen for some of them that it does nothing other than make them scattered the next few days - still unpleasant to be around, like you're babysitting an agitated sloth, but tolerable. I've also seen the switch that goes off in some people's heads where they get on edge quickly and violent, like a hyper alcohol violence some people get when they drink... but with drinking where you can see a gradual evolution of the person from sane to alcohol infused hulk-ism, with ice "rage" it always was an instant thing. Normal, then a trigger, then BOOM out of control. I stopped wanting to be around these people even though they were long time friends and even relatives. They ended up ditching the drug, thankfully. It has (probably) contributed to some health issues at least one is now having. I still know a person who I would class as addicted at a low level. He doesn't care about who else is affected. Have tried to convince him otherwise, but now just have to leave him to his own devices. I can only imagine how those like Balony_pony deal with the worst of it weekly/daily. I've seen plenty of speed sniffers, pill poppers, cocaine takers and worse gbh (ugh), ketamine (brain melting stuff) and heroine users, too. Ketamine is a mess. Ice is still the worst I've seen for the grip it has on people. Without knowing the facts, it will be truly sad and tragic if this was as a result of such a thing (not that it isn't already).

It will be interesting to hear what really happened and the history behind it and if there are any reasons why this occured or if he was just a nut job/druggy. Hoping for the latter but who knows what has happened to the son to drive him to this. (No excuses but wondering what made him do it)

If it was ice then it is explainable why this happened. Long term ice users will find that stuff crystalises in their body like feeling crystals under your skin - always scratching away. Once it hits the brain it is all over.. they literally do not know what they are doing. I have seen a mate being a humble hard working man to a lunatic...stay away from this s**t. There are other ways to have fun, the world shouldn't be pidgeonholed on illicit drugs on experimenting the world. Saving money and travelling the world is far better.

I know people that previously did or still do use ice. Purple Suit and Balony I have to agree. I've seen for some of them that it does nothing other than make them scattered the next few days - still unpleasant to be around, like you're babysitting an agitated sloth, but tolerable. I've also seen the switch that goes off in some people's heads where they get on edge quickly and violent, like a hyper alcohol violence some people get when they drink... but with drinking where you can see a gradual evolution of the person from sane to alcohol infused hulk-ism, with ice "rage" it always was an instant thing. Normal, then a trigger, then BOOM out of control. I stopped wanting to be around these people even though they were long time friends and even relatives. They ended up ditching the drug, thankfully. It has (probably) contributed to some health issues at least one is now having. I still know a person who I would class as addicted at a low level. He doesn't care about who else is affected. Have tried to convince him otherwise, but now just have to leave him to his own devices. I can only imagine how those like Balony_pony deal with the worst of it weekly/daily. I've seen plenty of speed sniffers, pill poppers, cocaine takers and worse gbh (ugh), ketamine (brain melting stuff) and heroine users, too. Ketamine is a mess. Ice is still the worst I've seen for the grip it has on people. Without knowing the facts, it will be truly sad and tragic if this was as a result of such a thing (not that it isn't already).

As I have said and sorry to repeat (for those that do t read every post) I see it every day in my job as drug and alcohol counsellor

It's not done sitting on two big leather chairs .....so tell me how you feel (err movies aren't accurate by the way)

I go to people's homes and do it there ....I meet with the families ...all of the family is included in the counselling process not just the client. We work on list of areas

Why the big down after use ...dopamine ...meth or ice causes a huge surge of dopamine in our brains like 1000 times the normal amount ....so afterwards there dopamine well is dry ....it's almost impossible to feel good ....

It's why relapse occurs

Yup people change on it......I worked with this 14 year old girl who went from 65kg stunning girl to 48 kg rake ....and it's darn hard to watch, thankfully she has recovered and is now doing well

There are positive stories ....you just don't hear about them

Alcohol is still the most problematic substance ...still leads to road deaths, domestic violence, fights and more hospitalisations. I used to be social drinker ....low level ..safe

Last year so disenchanted with the alcohol companies which don't care about humans ...I gave up drinking ...I thought stuff it or words to that effect ...your not getting my money. I looked inside myself and thought I don't need this

Oddly PHIL Walsh said he had govern up alcohol too and I'm sure he was benefiting him. It's too early to speculate on ice use so I want to this to be seen as seperate or general in nature if you like

Oddly the one pice of advice I have for families if you have a drug user or heavy drinker in your family .....

Go get counselling yourself if you can't get the client to go, there is a lot parents, brothers and sisters can do to help and not hinder the process.

Why is the ice so addictive ...purity ...we are seeing 85-90% purity in meth ......this stuff will literally fry your brain

Still teary this morning reading the tributes online.

Walsh was a breath of fresh air for us Crows fans. He let down his guard and let us in on his perspective. We felt we were starting to get to know him. We were also eager to follow him as he lead us forward. We wanted to see the masterpiece. Sadly, we will never see it finished.

It is strange grieving for someone you don't know. Walsh became an insipational figure, our leader. Our leader is gone and it hurts.

But the real tragedy is with his family. Our hearts break for his wife and daughter.

Rest in Peace.

uploadfromtaptalk1435972243221.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's already more than enough high-profile examples out there to deter people with any common sense. Even if that were a factor here, it's hardly going to make a difference and it's pointless to play armchair detective at this point.
Are we allowed to talk about ice now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see the hawks and pies players in the middle at the end of the game. Does anyone think it will be replicated at the end of the other games this weekend?

Yep. Im a paramedic, and Alcohol issues are a big part of my work. Alcohol has nothing on drugs like ice though... That s**t ruins lives very quickly

Geez, don't envy you that role. I work in criminal law and only have to read about the aftermath. I'd hate to actually see it first-hand.

Went to sleep last night still in shock, I just couldn't believe what had happened and I was still coming to terms with it. So much has changed in the past 24 hrs. Thursday evening I was thinking about how freos forward line would go on Sunday, thinking about who to put the C on in fantasy, and hoping that tipping Port wouldn't cost me a chance at winning my tips comp. All these things are so insignificant now. This morning I woke up in a cheery mood as I usually do on weekends, and then I remembered Phil Walsh and I felt like s**t. It's so weird for someone you don't know or never met to die and for you to feel pain at their loss. I can't even imagine what Adelaide fans, players, friends and family would be feeling. Sometimes the world does stupid s**t like this, and you lose faith in it, but it's how the community responds which really changes how you feel. The past 24 hours has been an exceptional coming together of football fans, coaches and players all over the country to forget about who they support and hold each other's hands through this dark period. It really has been special to watch. Because at the end of the day, adelaide or port, pies or Hawks, Freo or Eagles, we all share the same love and passion for footy, just like Phil Walsh.

Went to sleep last night still in shock, I just couldn't believe what had happened and I was still coming to terms with it. So much has changed in the past 24 hrs. Thursday evening I was thinking about how freos forward line would go on Sunday, thinking about who to put the C on in fantasy, and hoping that tipping Port wouldn't cost me a chance at winning my tips comp. All these things are so insignificant now. This morning I woke up in a cheery mood as I usually do on weekends, and then I remembered Phil Walsh and I felt like s**t. It's so weird for someone you don't know or never met to die and for you to feel pain at their loss. I can't even imagine what Adelaide fans, players, friends and family would be feeling. Sometimes the world does stupid s**t like this, and you lose faith in it, but it's how the community responds which really changes how you feel. The past 24 hours has been an exceptional coming together of football fans, coaches and players all over the country to forget about who they support and hold each other's hands through this dark period. It really has been special to watch. Because at the end of the day, adelaide or port, pies or Hawks, Freo or Eagles, we all share the same love and passion for footy, just like Phil Walsh.
Sometimes deaths like this can really catch u off guard. It was weird but when Princess Diana (yeah yeah I know) died it floored me. Dunno why. Maybe I thought she seemed relatable or something but It really stopped me in my tracks. I could've gone without the media circus, the Elton John singles and the commemorative dining plates but that's the world we live in I guess.

While losses like this hurt they can also give perspective. I took the kids out yesterday arvo and watched the sun set with em. No distractions, just sat and talked crap and laughed with them. Sometimes it's not about learning lessons from death but remembering the joys of living.

Sometimes deaths like this can really catch u off guard. It was weird but when Princess Diana (yeah yeah I know) died it floored me. Dunno why. Maybe I thought she seemed relatable or something but It really stopped me in my tracks. I could've gone without the media circus, the Elton John singles and the commemorative dining plates but that's the world we live in I guess.

While losses like this hurt they can also give perspective. I took the kids out yesterday arvo and watched the sun set with em. No distractions, just sat and talked crap and laughed with them. Sometimes it's not about learning lessons from death but remembering the joys of living.
Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten. Somewhere along the line the relationship between father & son became untenable and the disconnect even wider. “If you withhold love as a form of punishment, who is being punished?"

As has been spoken about the AFL has lost a major part of it's authenticity. A real and honest soldier for the good of the game.

A man with loyalty, integrity and substance far out reaching his peers.

The new younger coach spewing stats and excuses at press conferences now doesn't have Phil's example to learn from and this is tragic for the game.

A breath of fresh air in a nanny, sanitized emotionless modern game.

A man the AFL could not afford to lose and a tragedy for the whole of Adelaide as well as the direction and understanding of footy. Too soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back