RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

If true my heart has sunk even more. Phil wouldn't have even seen it coming. Such a cowardly move. Sounds very premeditated and if so I hope he rots behind bars for life.

http://www.news.com.au/national/dau...il-walshs-murder/story-e6frfkp9-1227428769282

"The Sunday Herald Sun understands Cy allegedly attacked his father in bed, where he was stabbed in the back. There is speculation he had hugged his mother moments before he allegedly attacked his father.

Witnesses to the arrest said Cy, who lists his interests as yoga, meditation and video gaming, appeared almost jovial when arrested and made a “woooo hooooo hoooo” sound as he was detained. There was blood on the footpath where Cy was detained."

Well that would explain why the son was charged with murder. If it was done during a fight it would be manslaughter I think.
I reckon if you stab someone anytime you're trying to kill them.

Just reported he stabbed him in the back while he was in bed

I just went cold... That's terrifying. Wouldn't have seen it coming, and if it's true he hugged his mum moments before doing it, I hope he rots behind bars for the rest of his life. I can't even...... What do you say to something like this??

RIP Walshy

If true my heart has sunk even more. Phil wouldn't have even seen it coming. Such a cowardly move. Sounds very premeditated and if so I hope he rots behind bars for life.
Hopefully it was swift, and he never realised it was his son killing him. Really feel for the mother, OMG you'd never get that picture out of your mind.

What on earth could make the son so angry? Drugs, mental problems, bitterness or just plain evil? It's just such a callous way to kill someone.

Just cannot imagine how his wife, and the daughter, come to terms with it, so sad......

For some reason it really annoys me how people on facebook always rush to be the first to "report" tragedies like this. Like they are the first person to hear the news. Like it's not on every single news channel, website and paper.

It's pathetic and I think they secretly get off on it.

That said, terrible news. Can only imagine what the family is going through - especially his wife. How could she ever face her own son again after this. Absolute madness.

delayed response i know, however it is now stated that more people get there daily news from facebook than from any other form of media. someone posting on facebook is no different to every news outlet updating there 'website/facebook page/twitter and anyother things they use out there'. my partner told me about it when i woke up, she read it on facebook. I doubt the person who posted it was getting off on it, neither was my partner who informed me

Just a gutless, selfish individual. I couldn't imagine, What would drive someone to get that up an personal an end someones life. Let alone doing it to your own father.

if I hated my father enough to end he's life, he had to of done something seriously wrong by me. (Not say walshy did) but at the sometime, putting the knife in an out, to hear your fathers crying words. Can only mean your are one sick messed up

Just a gutless, selfish individual. I couldn't imagine, What would drive someone to get that up an personal an end someones life. Let alone doing it to your own father.

if I hated my father enough to end he's life, he had to of done something seriously wrong by me. (Not say walshy did) but at the sometime, putting the knife in an out, to hear your fathers crying words. Can only mean your are one sick, twisted, f#cked up individual.

You are a monster that should not feel freedom again. I hope every single day someone reminds him of his twisted selfish actions. i just hope they keep a good eye on him, coz one day it will get to much for his twisted f#ucked up head an he will end his own life. He can't have the easy way out. RIP WALSHY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still cannot believe this has happened...

I what to say this without starting a a big debate or fire

Needs to be said ...this Domestic violence murder happens far too much in this country ...last year I think it was in Tasmania it happened, cairns mum at Xmas time ......

I see bad people sometimes and sometimes they are psychotic in their behaviours ...they can be fine one minute and just unstable the next

The brain is an organ that controls what we do and how we are ......some peoples brains don't work as well as others ...it's not excuse by the way but there are reasons why this happens.

Some of these people I see in my counselling role are ticking time bombs ....but there is no where for them to go and families struggle to cope .....often ice using also but it's the mental health issue that drives the ice use (mostly)

It's just so darn complex ....I drive home after seeing my clients and my head spins think what the f...k have we got on our hands here ....I have the odd sleepless night worrying about people as in what they might do or do something to themselves

On a positive if there is one at all ...the AFL AND PLAYERS have shown great class and humility in this crisis which is personal for them and us,

Let's hope communities when confronted with with similar scenarios in the future can do the same somehow.

We won't know whether ice, alcohol or other drugs were involved for a while. The court case will start in September, I believe (that will be only a preliminary hearing in which the magistrate decides whether the defendant has a case to answer). But why people take those hard drugs is beyond me. Honestly. You know what the consequences will be - you'll be poorer, sicker, nastier and uglier.

A committal that fast? Sure it isn't the committal mention?

Just reported he stabbed him in the back while he was in bed

i didn't want to speculate before-hand but that's what i assumed happened. given what i'm hearing about walsh he sounds like as strong and fit 55 year old as you would find. couldn't see that punk kid overpowering him in an altercation.

if I hated my father enough to end he's life, he had to of done something seriously wrong by me. (Not say walshy did) but at the sometime, putting the knife in an out, to hear your fathers crying words. Can only mean your are one sick messed up

Walsh seemed like a very old-school uncompromising 'my way or the highway' kind of guy. it's not hard to envision a scenario where that type of personality would cause clashes within a family...

Not sure. Doesn't it go commital/preliminary, then arraignment, then trial if neccessary?

In Victoria, it's (simplistically) filing hearing, committal mention, committal, directions hearings, trial/plea.

I would have assumed that his first appearance was a filing hearing and the September hearing is a committal mention, but maybe SA police and courts are much more efficient than Vic's.

In Victoria, it's (simplistically) filing hearing, committal mention, committal, directions hearings, trial/plea.

I would have assumed that his first appearance was a filing hearing and the September hearing is a committal mention, but maybe SA police and courts are much more efficient than Vic's.
I think our system is actually less efficient than yours. In South Australia, major indictable offences such as murder take a year or two to go to trial.

I think the Showdown Medal should be renamed the Phil Walsh Medal.
I was thinking the Bailey/Walsh cup since they had so much to do with both clubs.

On a 'shameful' aside there was about 7 camera's waiting for Quinn at the Adelaide airport today (more than double when a team returns), even 1 reporter had a microphone in his hands.
Surely they won't ask her "how she feels", F***ing vultures!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back