RIP Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you know he failed him? plenty of people have grown up to be absolute muppets but had perfect upbringings love, discipline, guidance etc.

More then likely not he was a on a drug induced psychotic episode or a psycho from taken too much ice and s**t, over time amphetamines make monsters of even the best of people.

This is a tragic event but we should probably wait until the facts emerge before passing judgement.

I'm absolutely stunned and sickened.

How completely devastating for his family, for the club and those boys he coached.

He seemd like an outstanding bloke.

I can't believe it.

Such a bizarre thing to hear it's hard to register as real.

Like, what in the actual *?

Terrible, shocking, unbelievable, hard to understand as a fellow human being.

To everyone on here, without sounding like a w***er, if this news saddens you more than you expected please don't be backward in talking to those around you.

RIP Phil Walsh.

Had a first year for Collingwood that was unbelievable and then he left. People at the time were calling him the new Greening or Barham....But then he left for Richmond....part of the trade wars at the time. At the time Pies fans never really forgave him for walking out after just a season.

Terrible news. Just dreadful. Time will tell what has transpired (surely Ice has to be the short priced favorite) but its shattering for all.

I'm stunned.
I've been quietly barracking for Phil Walsh all year. His year in 83 with Collingwood was so promising and his defection to Richmond was almost fallout from our war with them. I don;t think he ever played to teh same level as he did in that first year.
He really impressed me with what he brought to Adelaide, its a tragic end.

I personally know one of the Crows boys and he will be absolutely devastating this morning. Some of those boys have been through enough with Dean Bailey passing away a couple of years ago. This is just horrible news. Condolences to Phil's family and friends. Shattering news for the whole footy community.

RIP Phil Walsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is real heavy S***. Personally I believe that all games for this week should be postponed. Such a tragedy. RIP to Phil and I'm praying for his family.

Dear Australia - domestic violence is a killer in this country.

Phil Walsh's death is a tragedy that - according to statistics - is repeated twice a week in this country on average.

Enough is enough.

Last edited:
Absolutely shocked to wake up to this news. Would happen far too often but like many things until it happens to a known figure the media never really make a huge deal. RIP phil.

As for the issue of football this weekend. Adelaide shouldn't be required to play and that is fair enough.

But otherwise I see this as a complete different issue to hughes, Hughes died playing the sport, this isn't going to stop someone tackling, marking, bumping. And lastly, look at the character of Phil Walsh, he was a footy nut, loved the game. I'm sure he (and his family) would love nothing more than people playing the sport in his honour.

Absolutely shocked to wake up to this news. Would happen far too often but like many things until it happens to a known figure the media never really make a huge deal. RIP phil.

As for the issue of football this weekend. Adelaide shouldn't be required to play and that is fair enough.

But otherwise I see this as a complete different issue to hughes, Hughes died playing the sport, this isn't going to stop someone tackling, marking, bumping. And lastly, look at the character of Phil Walsh, he was a footy nut, loved the game. I'm sure he (and his family) would love nothing more than people playing the sport in his honour.

Yeah the calls to cancel the whole round of footy is stupid and really pointless.

Honor him with a minute silence and armbands.

Such sad news and terrible circumstances.

Here's an article from earlier in the year which is almost surreal at this tragic time.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ows-and-his-life/story-fnp04d70-1227308300112

Once again thoughts with his family
Really good article in link. I like his philosophy on footy, I like that he'd learnt from some of his mistakes in life and was trying to do better. Maybe we can all take something from that to honour him and improve our own lives.

Really sad news about Phil.

Really good article in link. I like his philosophy on footy, I like that he'd learnt from some of his mistakes in life and was trying to do better. Maybe we can all take something from that to honour him and improve our own lives.

Really sad news about Phil.
I was gutted when I read that article and saw the news this morning.

Heartbreaking when he recognises weaknesses within his own family doings, put things in place to remedy and now this...gut wrenching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back