News RIP Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't know anything of him but the world in general has gone mad:( WTF????????

All the best to the Adelaide crows the family, the players and everybody in Adelaide!!! I don't think they should play this weekend , how can you?

As posted elsewhere, RIP Phil Walsh.

Just as a note to other posters, let's try not to speculate on motive or the circumstances of his alleged murder. I'll clean up a couple of posts in this thread that need to be cleaned up. Until the alleged murderer has had his day in court, let's be circumspect about what happened this morning, save that it's an absolutely terrible tragedy. Thanks in advance.

Just Shocking. Terrible run of news lately, culminating in this.

Thoughts go out to his family, the Crows peoples in particular, and anyone at any club that played with, against, was coached by or was touched by him in the footy world. A great many people will be feeling this.

Jeez, its gives you some perspective on things. The real world has raised its ugly head and invaded footy.

Sometimes the death of someone you have never met can shock you. This is one of those occasions. Domestic violence touches many Australians, but is rarely is the public made aware, unless it involves someone promonent. My condolences to Mrs Walsh, her family, and The Adelaide Football Club.

The world has gone nuts that's what's happening..... Bizarre

Murder and violence have been around for all of human history. It's sadly not new. There are so many people who feel aggrieved over who people happen to fall in love with but no-one wants to question why there is so much anger, violence and hatred in the world. I wish people who expend so much energy getting angry about who people choose to want to be with would use that energy in finding out why people think it is okay to act in such a violent way. It's not new, it's not more prevalent - it's always been here - but that shouldn't mean it continues for generations to come. There's no easy answers sadly. Once more we have to hear about a family ripped apart by violence - it's truly tragic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed like a pretty likeable bloke, had a good sense of humour and the ability to take the piss out of himself.

It's pretty shocking that a bloke like that who you would think wouldn't have too many enemies, could be murdered by his own son.

Shocking news, lost for words. This guy dedicated his life to the AFL industry, cake across as a likeable character and had just began a role he'd worked hard to reach. Absolutely devastating.

RIP Phil, taken way too soon.

Condolences to family, friends, footy fans and the Adelaide Football Club at this very sad time.

RIP Phil Walsh.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Could scarcely believe my ears when I heard the news this morning. An absolute tragedy, RIP Phil.

Spare a thought for the wife in all this. Her life has, for all intents and purposes, ended.

Terrible tragedy for her and my thoughts go out to her but I would disagree that her life has, for all intents and purposes, ended. She still has much to live for and you would be amazed how resilient the human spirit is.

I'm feeling guilty: I've always hated Philip Walsh because of a goal he kicked against us in his first year, playing for Collingwood. He celebrated like a premiership winner and he's been on my hate list ever since.

But all that's forgotten now in the tragic news.

RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back