Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagle_Fan

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2000
Wooshaville
AFL Club
West Coast
So, who will it be? Those in the media seem to have narrowed it down to Haselby and Ramanauskas, but what do you think?
From over here I'd say Haselby simply because he's done more for the team (carried them at times) -and I have more than a little bias-, but Rama... looks very good from what little I've seen.
Can anyone else take it out?

On this day 14 years ago, an Eagles Fan started an All Australian thread pushing the claims of one Paul Hasleby. Haselby won the award some months later.
For 14 years, this thread sat alone, with zero replies, and no acknowledgement of the perfect prediction therein.
No longer.
Well done Eagle Fan. Here's to you. You deserve a like.

And further acknowledgement must go to you PFG, for finding this aged, barren thread.
Here's to you PFG. You deserve a like.

Quite possibly the best necropost of all time.

Gzh71Ku.gif

It kinda makes me sad that this thread exists solely to recognise two young blokes, who are now in their 30's and have retired after 10+ years in the AFL. * I'm old.

Seriously am I the only one who sees these old accounts and ponders; "what happened?"

Surely no man alive can simply abandon their Bigfooty account? Were they struck down with health issues? Did the forget their password? Were they enlisted to fight in the military?

All we are left with are these scriptures from the dark ages of Bigfooty, it's possible nobody ever saw them at the time of their creation, yet here they remain, like a fine wine, like a child snatched from the mother at birth, they're apparent to us now, yet the origin is cloudy, mysterious, we know next to nothing about their creators, in the future the internet users of tomorrow will look back at us, yet all we will be known to them as is a pixelated avatar and a questionable username, sobering thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this thread come from a time when bigfooty was just 4 guys sitting around on their IBM's with their dial up internet working flat out?

Yes. But we had to upgrade the IBM's because they couldn't run the Chris Judd board.

Remember Judd? He's back! In board form.

All we are left with are these scriptures from the dark ages of Bigfooty, it's possible nobody ever saw them at the time of their creation, yet here they remain, like a fine wine, like a child snatched from the mother at birth, they're apparent to us now, yet the origin is cloudy, mysterious, we know next to nothing about their creators...

abell2744-hubble-photo-008.jpg

Does this thread come from a time when bigfooty was just 4 guys sitting around on their IBM's with their dial up internet working flat out?

Yep. Downloading 27 x 720k zip files which you unzip as a batch to create 1 nude photo....

*awkward silence*

Apparently. Well that's what I've heard......

Seriously am I the only one who sees these old accounts and ponders; "what happened?"

Surely no man alive can simply abandon their Bigfooty account? Were they struck down with health issues? Did the forget their password? Were they enlisted to fight in the military?

All we are left with are these scriptures from the dark ages of Bigfooty, it's possible nobody ever saw them at the time of their creation, yet here they remain, like a fine wine, like a child snatched from the mother at birth, they're apparent to us now, yet the origin is cloudy, mysterious, we know next to nothing about their creators, in the future the internet users of tomorrow will look back at us, yet all we will be known to them as is a pixelated avatar and a questionable username, sobering thought.

OP was an active member on BigFooty for 11+ years and had over 2000 posts. According to the profile the OP is of the female variety.

My guess is she became a loving mother and things such as BF became trivial.

OP was an active member on BigFooty for 11+ years and had over 2000 posts. According to the profile the OP is of the female variety.

My guess is she became a loving mother and things such as BF became trivial.
His/her very last post was about anal leakage.
Hmmmmm.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back