Turvey Park Loosing plenty.

Dane Campbell - Lockhart
Chris Cerato - Lockhart
Chris Beckmans - Uni
Blair Campbell - Retired
Truman Caroll - Lockhart
Ryan Blundell - Queanbeyan
Keenan Hannigan - CSU

Maybe a few more to come. Going to be a very young side again, although have some outstanding 17's coming up
All the outstanding 17's have already been playing 1s. Without Cerato there was always going to be no chance at a flag

cousin eddie

Draftee
Feb 25, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Could some one please fill me in on how narrandera is looking for the next season and will they be in finals contention?

givengo11

Rookie
Aug 4, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Could some one please fill me in on how narrandera is looking for the next season and will they be in finals contention?

Head would be able to answer this but should definitely be in finals contention. Where well in contention this year until hit by injuries so if they stay fit and with the two quality on ballers signed on and maybe more to come they will be pretty competitive.

Sep 19, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BLACK CAVIAR
All the outstanding 17's have already been playing 1s. Without Cerato there was always going to be no chance at a flag

Yea all of them hey?? Guy Ward, under 17's league BnF, Callum Gardiner 100+ goals last season. Josh Hill polled very well in league bnf too.

only 3 were playing 1's and they will be a lot better after a year in the 1's.

have only lost Midfielders apart from Cerato. They can all and already have/will be replaced.

Turvey will be same as last year, tipped to go nowhere and will surprise plenty again. Mark it down. Look out for a few signings who will be guns

WheatsWorshipper

All Australian
Suspended
May 18, 2009
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yea all of them hey?? Guy Ward, under 17's league BnF, Callum Gardiner 100+ goals last season. Josh Hill polled very well in league bnf too.

only 3 were playing 1's and they will be a lot better after a year in the 1's.

have only lost Midfielders apart from Cerato. They can all and already have/will be replaced.

Turvey will be same as last year, tipped to go nowhere and will surprise plenty again. Mark it down. Look out for a few signings who will be guns
You forgot Pat Cattell who showed a bit of promise in 1s before he broke his ankle, Ward looks the goods but doesn't have the hardness of his brother Dean, Gardner had an outstanding season as a lead up full forward struggling with injury but he won't be taking as many marks inside 50 on the quality of opponents he'd be facing in 1s at this stage of his career, Hill has good speed, a good kick and good football smarts( towelled up Townsend in the SF) but doesn't really have the size for 1s and will probably be playing rep football all year.

They've lost Dane Campbell and Hannigan who were among the best medium sized forwards in the comp as well as the rebound and experience of Blair Campbell down back. The biggest hole that needs to be filled is Cerato who was capable of taking the oppositions #1 forward as well as everything else he can do. I don't think he will be easily replaced and there will be questions over the backline.

Last year they were heavily underrated and with good coaching and a quick gameplan they had a brilliant season. Looking at the speed through the middle they are losing I don't think it's easy to say how replacable they are

ILOVEHODGEY

Debutant
Suspended
Dec 6, 2008
On the bidgee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can not see how three under 17s footballers in Ward, Gardner and Hill are going to fill the void of three of the best in the comp - Campbell, Beckmans and Hannigan. Too add to that Turvey have lost two of their most experienced, Cerato and B Campbell. They would want to recruit well but judging by the budget Terry Ness so openly stated in the agonizer you'd think this task would be tough.

Tigers have been the big movers recruitment wise - they have more new recruits the Gold Coast Suns. As much as I hate too say it, it could be them and GGGM in the big one at Narrendera come September.

Colingullie by all reports have gotten stronger, and with the weakening of the other clubs will give the RFL clubs a scare. Should make finals.

They are the top 3 for mine.

Mango lost a few apparently? Could be also runs this season but they always seem to surprise.

Narrendera and Leeton?

Can't see Griffith improving much unless they get the backing of some plant growers.

head67

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2006
By the river
AFL Club
Essendon
Can not see how three under 17s footballers in Ward, Gardner and Hill are going to fill the void of three of the best in the comp - Campbell, Beckmans and Hannigan. Too add to that Turvey have lost two of their most experienced, Cerato and B Campbell. They would want to recruit well but judging by the budget Terry Ness so openly stated in the agonizer you'd think this task would be tough.

Tigers have been the big movers recruitment wise - they have more new recruits the Gold Coast Suns. As much as I hate too say it, it could be them and GGGM in the big one at Narrendera come September.

Colingullie by all reports have gotten stronger, and with the weakening of the other clubs will give the RFL clubs a scare. Should make finals.

They are the top 3 for mine.

Mango lost a few apparently? Could be also runs this season but they always seem to surprise.

Narrendera and Leeton?

Can't see Griffith improving much unless they get the backing of some plant growers.

Meet and greet and first training sesh tomorrow. As far as i know all new signings will be attending. Narrandera will be in or abouts the mix next season in what will be another even comp as most clubs are reporting good signings. Leeton has ventured south again and have reported 5 tasie recruits. Griffith??

THOUGHTSO

Rookie
Mar 15, 2010
sebastipol
AFL Club
Carlton
Meet and greet and first training sesh tomorrow. As far as i know all new signings will be attending. Narrandera will be in or abouts the mix next season in what will be another even comp as most clubs are reporting good signings. Leeton has ventured south again and have reported 5 tasie recruits. Griffith??

apparently should be announcing a new coach this week sometime. have a few young blokes lined up from down in victoria just working on lining them up work. looks to be another rebuilding year and are hoping to give some of their promising juniors some first grade experience.

Sep 19, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BLACK CAVIAR
Apparently Gullie have lost 5 players to EWK, not sure which 1's though. As fr Turveys budget. The players they have lost were on money so that money can be used to get other players in. 1 very very special player from a melb league on the cards. Lets just say they will be as good as last year. Dont want to give much away, but i'll give out details once players have signed. A few times in recent years, players have been stolen when other clubs have known that turvey were about to sign them by offering much bigger amounts after turvey did all the recruiting work

2Malone

Debutant
Sep 11, 2008
wagga
AFL Club
Collingwood
You forgot Pat Cattell who showed a bit of promise in 1s before he broke his ankle, Ward looks the goods but doesn't have the hardness of his brother Dean, Gardner had an outstanding season as a lead up full forward struggling with injury but he won't be taking as many marks inside 50 on the quality of opponents he'd be facing in 1s at this stage of his career, Hill has good speed, a good kick and good football smarts( towelled up Townsend in the SF) but doesn't really have the size for 1s and will probably be playing rep football all year.

Umpires towelled up townsend in that semi final. someone from auskick could have given townsend a bath that game! was a disgrace.

buddy31

Rookie
Nov 28, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rumour has it from the Turvey camp is Carrol to stay at Turvey as assistant coach. They are also desperate to get Derrick Kelly back to the club, Kelly had a big pre season last year but had to leave club before season started due to work comitments, there are a few clubs chasing his services for next season Lockhart believed to be front runners there.

ILOVEHODGEY

Debutant
Suspended
Dec 6, 2008
On the bidgee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rumour has it from the Turvey camp is Carrol to stay at Turvey as assistant coach. They are also desperate to get Derrick Kelly back to the club, Kelly had a big pre season last year but had to leave club before season started due to work comitments, there are a few clubs chasing his services for next season Lockhart believed to be front runners there.
Where did you smell that rumour re Kelly

TALLY_HO

Debutant
Mar 27, 2007
NSW west
Other Teams
Pocket billileds
Trying to find the 2011 draw which has been releasted i hope some one can help me (looked on sporting pulse not there) Looks like it is going to be a good year next year in the RFL with teams signing quality players out of the area ie Narrandera,tigers,Leeton,Coolamon. Allso with Collingullie coming in it should be very interesting.
Thanks men

wonamirri08

Draftee
May 7, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
What club did Kelly come from Buddy31?

tazzie devil

Draftee
Dec 6, 2010
wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
lol, mate you will struggle to find a fitter bloke. yea he didit train much before this year, but hasnt missed a training since becoming assistant

Oh fair enough! heard he was very handy back when he played under jeremy masterson but never went into the draft! Has any one heard whos gainmain coach is ?

head67

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2006
By the river
AFL Club
Essendon
word is the eagles are in the "premiership window" can you confirm this head ?
"Window" Mmmm. Good recruiting for next year, and a large core putting in a very committed preseason. So i'd say coach is happy with were we're at. But saying that we were happy this year until injury gutted us. Hey welshman little bird over your way tells me that your Tasie boys need boxing lessons. Gees mate it's only Dec and they're the talk of the town. I think your recruiting committee's theory that 2 heads are better than 1 needs looking at. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back