Riverina FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hear Narrandera is the side that will push Ganmain.

Grong Grong should win at the Crossroads on Saturday, but Gullie will give a good account of themselves.

This weekend in the RFL will be a cracker saturday with GGGM Vs Gullie and Tigers Vs Narrandera all 4 sides are still working out were thay fit in. Gullie will have to be getting tired will all close tight games GGGM will be there bigest test in the last 5 all so years i'm sure Lenon will have them ready to go good test for Caroll coaching allso. Tigers will be very desperate at home after some disapointing losses and need the win. Narrandera has yet to be really tested but has looked good with there wins to date. Big weekend for Coolamon who still remain winless. Anyone else have any other throurghts on the week end games ?

I can't see Turvey winning a game this year. Lucky for them the relegation idea has gone out the window.

Agreed. Turvey just don't have any good players left.

Interesting to see a couple of bubbles burst on the weekend with Narrandera and Gullie. The two teams shipping in players from Canberra and Sydney and still cant match it with Ganmain and Tigers :rolleyes:

GGGM are still the benchmark and way ahead of the pack in my opinion. Would not write off Narrandera yet - they have a lot of new players and may take time to put it together.

Pretty even so far in the league with no easy games, I guess Turvey will unfortunately be the team that struggles this year due to the significant loss of players.

Pretty happy with the Swans so far and they are certainly competitive - looking forward to playing the big name teams and seeing where we are at.

Well done to the boys at Colly on their first win in the Farrer League on the weekend too - has been a good move for the club so far.

So will 2012 see Turvey move to Farrer and Marrar to RFL?

Sorry just stirring. I understand Marrar are quite happy in the Farrer.

Is brad aitken playing injured? I watched the game on saturday and he seems a fraction of himself. Or perhaps him being a big fish in such a small pond for so long and not handling the step up

Is brad aitken playing injured? I watched the game on saturday and he seems a fraction of himself. Or perhaps him being a big fish in such a small pond for so long and not handling the step up
bit harsh having a shot at a bloke for staying loyal to a club. Would be close to 300 club at Gullie I would think, and he is not getting any younger.

bit harsh having a shot at a bloke for staying loyal to a club. Would be close to 300 club at Gullie I would think, and he is not getting any younger.

Im not having a shot at anyone nor am I questioning his loyalty, if you read the question im simply asking if he's playing injured or perhaps struggling with the step up from farrer.

Im not having a shot at anyone nor am I questioning his loyalty, if you read the question im simply asking if he's playing injured or perhaps struggling with the step up from farrer.

I have also reserved my op on the bloke, as i have not seen him play much.
A couple of his goals yestie were quality. Team lifting. He's a good footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have also reserved my op on the bloke, as i have not seen him play much.
A couple of his goals yestie were quality. Team lifting. He's a good footballer.
You guys have missed the best of him, remember he is about 33 or 34 probaly more of an impact player now capable of doing stuff u could only dream of. has played close to if not more than 300 games, may have passed that milestone last year. not playing injured as far as i know, just not young anymore.

A few boys out at Turvey don't like losing so are heading elsewhere... Weak as piss I reckon, nothing worse then your team mates jumping ship halfway through the year when your struggling.

From what I'm hearing the dogs will be lucky to field enough for 2nd grade for the rest of the year, hopefully this isn't true!

A few boys out at Turvey don't like losing so are heading elsewhere... Weak as piss I reckon, nothing worse then your team mates jumping ship halfway through the year when your struggling.

From what I'm hearing the dogs will be lucky to field enough for 2nd grade for the rest of the year, hopefully this isn't true!
The Ward brothers have gone could not agree more, would not want to go to war and have them in the trenches next to you!!!! They should be cashed up for next year though.

Aitken kept Gullie in the game against Coolamon the other week. They would have won by alot more if not for him. Was a great game.

Who are we rating at this stage of the year?

I would too, the way they are going

Aitken kept Gullie in the game against Coolamon the other week. They would have won by alot more if not for him. Was a great game.

Who are we rating at this stage of the year?

GGGM seem a long way ahead on form at the mo. The rest of the pack can only hope they have peaked early. Coolamon seem to have improved since we played them.

GGGM seem a long way ahead on form at the mo. The rest of the pack can only hope they have peaked early. Coolamon seem to have improved since we played them.
have to agree. coolamon were impressive against us and should have won by a lot more but gggm streets ahead. missed the narranderra and griffith games and tigers were a fair way of the pace yesterday although they seem to have a fairly young side. leigh cameron looks a good player but faded badly in 2nd half, might need to lose 10kg's to help run out games the rest of the side looked ordinary. Gullie was as close to full strength as they have been all year, meiselbach played his best game so far as did gowy, gep, fuller and haines.

have to agree. coolamon were impressive against us and should have won by a lot more but gggm streets ahead. missed the narranderra and griffith games and tigers were a fair way of the pace yesterday although they seem to have a fairly young side. leigh cameron looks a good player but faded badly in 2nd half, might need to lose 10kg's to help run out games the rest of the side looked ordinary. Gullie was as close to full strength as they have been all year, meiselbach played his best game so far as did gowy, gep, fuller and haines.

Narranderra will still be around it i think, lost James Sullivan for the year. Might hurt them a bit. Doswell and Papworth don't have much around them, hard to see them going anywhere. What was the new guy like for tigers?

Narranderra will still be around it i think, lost James Sullivan for the year. Might hurt them a bit. Doswell and Papworth don't have much around them, hard to see them going anywhere. What was the new guy like for tigers?
he was ok considering first game and under a lot of pressure as the ball was being delivered pretty well into the forward line. if his midfield can apply a bit more pressure to ball carriers it might give him a bit more of an opportunity to attack. he will be one of their better players.

Agreed. Turvey just don't have any good players left.

Interesting to see a couple of bubbles burst on the weekend with Narrandera and Gullie. The two teams shipping in players from Canberra and Sydney and still cant match it with Ganmain and Tigers :rolleyes:

I have to disagree ive watched the last two turvey games against gullie and mango and there was some midfielders and back man running rings around them there hard hitting and fit just lack slot of depth still see matong unbeatable

anyone hear results from the rep game? who performed well etc.? perhaps more importantly any injuries?

Couple of interesting games this w/e. Coolamon v Griffith at Griffith should see Coolamon get up but Griffith are hard to beat at home. Have watched the swans a few times and enjoy watching Runnals play. Is an absolute gun and one of the best recruits from the last few years I feel. If he played for a Wagga club would be talked up a lot more. Going to go have a look at the eagles v ganmain as well. Narrandera have a few keys out by the sounds in Coach Burden and recruits Sullivan and Rice all good players. I think if someone can challenge the top side it is the eagles. Still haven't put it together yet but when not if they do than they will challenge there's no doubt about that. Hoping it will be a cracker out at the den!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back