Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton vs Richmond Thursday 2nd April 7.20PM @ MCG - TEAM post #821

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Tone

All Australian
May 7, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
home sick for where?

hqdefault.jpg

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
KB has been calling a Tigers win by 12+ goals in round 1. How do these flogs get so much confidence from persistent failure?
I'm not gonna get into it with you guys, but KB is a professional troll and if you take anything he says with more than a grain of salt then he's got you riled up and talking about him just like he wants.

It's the circle of life. And it moves us all.

I really think it will be less than a goal, because that's just what we do.

I personally think Richmond are going to be a bit stale this year.

Tigers have the makings of a good side but like us they have their head case games and a few passengers left in their side (lack of depth).

Agreed, at least Carlton are trying to change things up.

Their game plan will be: "hope Cotchin can kick straight to Riewoldt and hope is in a good mood"

IF Cotchin can kick straight and IF Riewoldt is in a good mood we will be in trouble imo

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Agreed, at least carlton are trying to change things up.

Their game plan will be: "hope Cotchin can kick straight to Riewoldt and hope is in a good mood"

IF cotchin can kick straight and riewoldt IS in a good mood we will be in trouble imo
Cotchin, Deledio and Martin is the poor man's Gibbs, Murphy and Judd...their midfield last year was better as a whole than ours though. We've bridged that gap with Cripps and a fit Thomas though. If Simmo plays mid well that's a better winger than Grigg too.

Cotchin, Deledio and Martin is the poor man's Gibbs, Murphy and Judd...their midfield last year was better as a whole than ours though. We've bridged that gap with Cripps and a fit Thomas though. If Simmo plays mid well that's a better winger than Grigg too.

Also, blue supporters will be singing Bob Marley's One Love prior to each game as per our membership campaign.

That should confuse them.

Cotchin gets enough of the footy - he just doesn't have that hurt factor Murphy, Gibbs and Judd do.
Not sure if Richmond have seen Judd in this good a condition for a couple of years.

Carlton by 9 points.

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
I just want to break from tradition and not give them a five to six goal head start. Yeah, I do love it when we chase them down and put them to the sword with seconds to go, but I am old and my heart can't take it any more.

Ten goal first quarter please and then just toy with them as a cat does a mouse before chomping it down.

ajb72

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Our back line is settled, which is a good thing.
Tiges can't say the same with the Astbury injury.

Blues out early. Tiges claw back and then we draw away again for a 32 pt win.

Ten goal first quarter please and then just toy with them as a cat does a mouse before chomping it down.

Given we have the Heatley Stand back, you may just have to wait until the third. :)

Look forward to seeing the team and hope we don't have any stingray incidences in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back