Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we should beat the bye next week, so let's just get straight into this.

Walker should be back for Adelaide and it will be Betts' first game against us.
The bigger ground should also help us and which is why I think we'll opt for speed first.

Plenty of Blues that will be back in contention for this game.

The Injured:
Waite - Will be a welcome addition to the squad.
Carrazzo - Should be back after injury although may not be straight into the senior squad.
Bell - Expect him to come back in for this game.
Judd - Would need everything to go right to be truly in line.

Others:
McInnes - White is doing O.K. but AndyMac has slowly built his stocks up again.
Scotland - Will be considered but hard to see him getting a gig here.

Again, the VFL scheduling is doing us no favours as the NB's have no game next week, either.
Guess the track will have to be the test for the likes of Carrazzo, Bell etc.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Think Menz, DylBucks and Sam need a rest. Thoughts?
you_funny_i_kill_you_last.jpg

a_shot_on_ehlo

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2011
Place between two rivers
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bulls, West Indies
I'm pretty confident Murph should escape suspension but didn't see Simon White's incident with Dunstan, anything to worry about?

Betts :(

No close up footage of White's tangle with Dunstan, mitigating circumstances in that another Carlton player turned him/pushed him into Whites path.

Saying that I think he still might get a week, so far off the ball and Dunstan was clearly rattled.

Murph hopefully will only get a reprimand, especially if LeCras only gets a week for his hit.

If White is out, send Hendo back and Waite into the forward line

Not sure who goes out for Carrazzo, maybe Ellard? looked to be hobbling after the match?

Judd shouldn't be back for this one yet, Bell may have to come back through the twos.

No close up footage of White's tangle with Dunstan, mitigating circumstances in that another Carlton player turned him/pushed him into Whites path.

Saying that I think he still might get a week, so far off the ball and Dunstan was clearly rattled.

Murph hopefully will only get a reprimand, especially if LeCras only gets a week for his hit.

If White is out, send Hendo back and Waite into the forward line

Not sure who goes out for Carrazzo, maybe Ellard?
looked to be hobbling after the match?

Judd shouldn't be back for this one yet, Bell may have to come back through the twos.
That would be a total kick in the guts for 46. Really sick of him being the last in, first out guy. Deserves some belief, Carrots hasn't played decent, consistent footy for yonks.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Jeff don't seem to have a lot of mates atm. Needs Ellard's consistent effort and not sure if he wants it enough.
He has 3 small forwards around him in Yaz, Menz and Ellard showing him exactly what's needed yet he still loses focus and falls into bad habits. Puts in some seriously weak efforts...I especially hate when players don't lunge that extra bit to smother a ball or just throw one arm out to look like they're tackling.

Quazza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Jeff don't seem to have a lot of mates atm. Needs Ellard's consistent effort and not sure if he wants it enough.

Not sure if it was posted in the rumour file, but a while ago Andrew Jarman said on MMM, that he'd heard Jeff wants to come to Adelaide. I laughed it off at first, but the more I see him play......

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Garlett is an amazingly talented player, sublime to watch, fabulous skills with dashing speed. Very light framed for this game, that's his draw back.
On a big ground thought, he's a huge asset , he'll play against the crows.
Go Baggers.
Ciao

Sam The Doc

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Looked like Doc had Scotland covered yesterday. No need to change that up.
Loved seeing Simpson more in the middle, think Docherty helped that happen too.

Anyway hopefully get a few back next match but don't want to drop too many.
Waite come back and Casboult go more towards the wing would work beautifully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back