Preview Rnd 11 Carlton v Geelong @ Etihad Friday 8th June 7.50PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Round 11 vs Catters - Friday 7.45

Drop Joseph and Bower for starters

Gee it's nice to see I'm not the only one that thinks this bloke is a busted arse, as for Joseph, the lad is petrified of physical contact full stop, Geelong are going to work over our, group I guess you could call them, to the core, watch what selwood and bartel do to us through the middle and at stoppages, cats by atleast 10 goals.

It's idiots like you that have characterised this bandwagon supporting base for years. There is no other club, that has the amount of supporters that jump ship and stop going to games when we lose, only to jump right back on it after a win. "OH Carlton for life, I love this club, We are Carlton F** the rest'". No F*** you.

28,000 at the G last week only emphasised that. If you want to support a team, its a full time commitment, not only when the team is winning and everything is rosey. It says 10 time more about a supporter, and even a person, who will go to the games when his or her team has lost by 10 goals the last few weeks, than one who will go along when were on a hot streak.

If you want to go and support another team then do it, it will be no loss. We don't need supporters like you. Don't tell me its because 'we are Carlton and we expect the best, to win every week blah blah blah'. Just no. You obviously care about the team enough to jump on a forum so either:

A) Shut-up and support the team. Yeah you can be disappointed, but not an idiot.
or
B) Fu** off!
Been a social club member since 2002 and only missed a handfull of games played in melbourne in that time, does that put me in the good books?

It's idiots like you that have characterised this bandwagon supporting base for years. There is no other club, that has the amount of supporters that jump ship and stop going to games when we lose, only to jump right back on it after a win. "OH Carlton for life, I love this club, We are Carlton F** the rest'". No F*** you.

28,000 at the G last week only emphasised that. If you want to support a team, its a full time commitment, not only when the team is winning and everything is rosey. It says 10 time more about a supporter, and even a person, who will go to the games when his or her team has lost by 10 goals the last few weeks, than one who will go along when were on a hot streak.

If you want to go and support another team then do it, it will be no loss. We don't need supporters like you. Don't tell me its because 'we are Carlton and we expect the best, to win every week blah blah blah'. Just no. You obviously care about the team enough to jump on a forum so either:

A) Shut-up and support the team. Yeah you can be disappointed, but not an idiot.
or
B) Fu** off!

We will bet Geelong on Friday, I really hope you don't post on here afterwards.

Hey.

Shutup for a second.

I've been a supporter through thick and thin since my earliest memory.
Since I've been old enough I've been paying for my own membership.
I can handle being an average team. But we have the list to win a flag and ZERO heart.
Lacking skill is one thing, but lacking heart and endeavour is another.
I will not go next week because this playing group doesnt deserve my support at the moment.

Hey.

Shutup for a second.

I've been a supporter through thick and thin since my earliest memory.
Since I've been old enough I've been paying for my own membership.
I can handle being an average team. But we have the list to win a flag and ZERO heart.
Lacking skill is one thing, but lacking heart and endeavour is another.
I will not go next week because this playing group doesnt deserve my support at the moment.

He has a point, the team has to earn support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a social club member since 2002 and only missed a handfull of games played in melbourne in that time, does that put me in the good books?

And my CV....
Been a member since 1994 and like you Mike only missed a handful of games over the past 25 years.

And spent over $1k to fly to Perth last year for that epic final.

I'm sorry BiB, you may be close to the club but no one in their right mind can defend that peformance last night, or for that matter our performances since round 3.

Time for the club to make some hard decisions.

In terms of changes, hard to speculate on the outs, but we should get back:

Henderson
Duigan
Waite
Kreuzer

Out:

Bower
Joseph
Curnow
Collins

Also wouldnt mind Lucas to come in if one of the ins doesnt pull up

In terms of changes, hard to speculate on the outs, but these players should all be available for selection:

Henderson
Duigan
Waite
Kreuzer
Thornton

You would think Curnow, Bower and Joseph are in trouble. Bootsma and Watson aren't ready for the next month of football, against match hardened sides. Yarran still looks injured.

If Waite plays, not sure we can play 3 ruckmen as well.

Big game. What will the response be?

Changes? (Que 'whole team' and 'Bryce Gibbs' response)

Still think everyone should get along to the game.

Will be going, BIB, but will be pretty doped up by the time i get there

Actually thought Gibbs did well last night - bit hard to star when teammates are falling round beside you. He was one of the few to keep his composure and showed a bit of intensity towards the ball.

AJ has to go, never done good as a backman. Like a deer in headlights.

Having watched the Northern Blues yesterday, not sure wholesale changes will achieve anything, probably make matters worse - change for changes sack is never good. Our list doesn't bat to 11.

Will be looking for a greater intensity from the players, and some structural changes to combat the free flow of the opposition - not sure what those changes are. Sure we can play a player or even 2 back, but the key problem at the moment is the opposition get the ball from the stoppages too easily - this gives the backmen (no matter the numbers), no chance.

Unfortunately, we may have the best list in the competition for playing a certain style of game, but at this stage it ain't contested footy - too many other clubs have bigger bodies & big forwards who can crash packs

Do we have any players from the 2s that look like they can come up?

And my CV....
Been a member since 1994 and like you Mike only missed a handful of games over the past 25 years.

I'm sorry BiB, you may be close to the club but no one in their right mind can defend that peformance last night, or for that matter our performances since round 3.

my cv
that was my bar tab that night

And my CV....

You bet your arse it is mate. :thumbsu:

The problem with Carlton is they think responding to a heavy defeat is a one week assignment. So we responded to losing to the Crows by beating Melbourne. OK thats good but where was the follow up last night. It doesnt matter what we do in the Cats game...we need a sustained response over the rest of the season. We've been smashed twice now. Its not good enough and no matter what happens against the Cats it'll mean nothing if we then get smashed by the Eagles. The Blues will be judged over the next 4 weeks however I'm afraid the football world have already judged Carlton and they are pretenders. Very sad as we had a great opportunity this year.
FWIW I will be going to the Eagles game but will be expecting another let down. I'd rather player Northern Blues who have a crack and get smashed than AFL players who don't!

The problem with Carlton is they think responding to a heavy defeat is a one week assignment. So we responded to losing to the Crows by beating Melbourne. OK thats good but where was the follow up last night. It doesnt matter what we do in the Cats game...we need a sustained response over the rest of the season. We've been smashed twice now. Its not good enough and no matter what happens against the Cats it'll mean nothing if we then get smashed by the Eagles. The Blues will be judged over the next 4 weeks however I'm afraid the football world have already judged Carlton and they are pretenders. Very sad as we had a great opportunity this year.
FWIW I will be going to the Eagles game but will be expecting another let down. I'd rather player Northern Blues who have a crack and get smashed than AFL players who don't!

after yesterday I would be tempted to play Peel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back