Preview Rnd 14 Carlton v GWS Sunday 22nd June 1.10PM @ Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Army deserves to be dropped after a few of his chasing efforts. Not sure who to bring in for him though because I think we're already lacking a bit of pace.

Lucas has pace......can't think of a better sub tbh. Blaine J would also be close.

Depends on what happens with lachie and Jamo.
Watson, Army and Brock would be in the gun

Yeah I actually think he's a perfect sub. No value in having a guy like Brock as the sub, he needs to either be played or dropped. If Johnson had a good game in the 2s then I think this week would be a good opportunity for him to come in. I like the sub player to have the potential to come on and kick a couple of goals and it sounds like he may have the ability to do that.

We cannot give McLean another game...he is absolutely killing us especially when we play a 1v1 game style. When teams are on the break he is a long way back and all it takes is for his opponent to cause the extra overlap. These days you do need speed and he hasn't got it. Unfortunately for Brock he is 28 and isn't going to get better. The worst part is when he rests in the forward line. How can promote forward pressure and rest Brock forward? Is there anyone in the afl Brock could chase down?

Not saying Watson and Graham are going to be great but they are young. So is cachia. Give them more games and they might improve down the track.

We cannot give McLean another game...he is absolutely killing us especially when we play a 1v1 game style. When teams are on the break he is a long way back and all it takes is for his opponent to cause the extra overlap. These days you do need speed and he hasn't got it. Unfortunately for Brock he is 28 and isn't going to get better. The worst part is when he rests in the forward line. How can promote forward pressure and rest Brock forward? Is there anyone in the afl Brock could chase down?

Not saying Watson and Graham are going to be great but they are young. So is cachia. Give them more games and they might improve down the track.
Until this season Brock has been quite dependable. Doubt he'll be playing next year.

Until this season Brock has been quite dependable. Doubt he'll be playing next year.
It's not that his form has been at all terrible, it's more that he'll suffer from being pushed out due to team balance. If they want to have a good look at Graham it's likely Brock will pay the price at some stage.

IN: Lucas, Johnson, Wood
OUT : Mclean(OMIT), Armfield, Warnock (rest)

Graham full game and Johnson sub. Cachia stiff.

With our season over I'd like us to keep our senior contingent in and rotate through the kids through. Menzel and Doc really need a rest too.

Let's give Lucas and Watson a good run at it. Bell, Holman and Cripps should get a go later in the season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back