Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-07-03/photos-training-prebulldogs

CrippsTrainingJuly3.jpg

Whats going on with the world?
Your mid is now bigger and taller than your FB!:rolleyes:
Using phones as watches and watches as phones!:rolleyes:

Look again, I think you'll find that our mid looks taller than our ruckman too ;)

Tbh I don't really understand or agree with not playing the winning teams song after the game and being encouraged by the afl not to sing it in the club rooms...not sure how doing so would be disrespectful to Phil Walsh...a little over sensitive to me

If everyone ticked off, on the notion, then so be it.

Not sure what's right or wrong given this situation but if everyone went along with it, then that's what they should do.

Taking my brother (Dogs supporter) to this game, do you guys mind if I post thoughts in your matchday thread and post-match? I haven't watched much of Carlton under Barker so looking forward to it (Don't really dislike either team that much so will be fairly neutral).

Not at all.

Opposition supporters are always welcomed so long as they remain respectful. :thumbsu:

Can't say I'm sad about Ellard out for Whiley, but I guess you never wanna see a bloke injured. Game could go either way, watching the Doggies last week against the Saints gives me hope we could pull this one off (they were very average).

Very good chance of Holman playing a full game which is awesome as well :)

You gotta think with Holman, Boekhorst and Whiley all in the same team with 2 of them playing full games (1 for sure will be sub) that we may run out of steam at the end. If we get away with a win it really means we are in very good shape for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best for tonight, thinking it should be a good fast game of footy (which will be a nice change from the Saints total defensive mindset last week). As quite a few have said hopefully Cripps and Bont get to play on each other, not because I think either player will dominate the other, but because it could set up a great rivalry between the two for years to come. They have some similarities and differences, but I love how they both draw tacklers and then use their strength to get that line breaking handball off. Amazing for kids their age!
Anyway hoping it's a good game of footy and both sides remain injury free throughout, all the best :thumbsu:

Last edited:
You gotta think with Holman, Boekhorst and Whiley all in the same team with 2 of them playing full games (1 for sure will be sub) that we may run out of steam at the end. If we get away with a win it really means we are in very good shape for the future.

At this stage and unless we lose another player before the start of the game, I feel Whiley should be the sub.

Boekhorst can be subbed out at 3 quarter time if need be but he has run out the past couple of games, very well.
If Holman does start to really push himself around hard, he may just run out of puff also....but it will be worth it :)

Last time we played this many kids was the Port Adelaide game last year :confused:

Our average age was higher than Port but our experience level was lacking in comparison.

Today our age and experience levels are similar but the Dogs also have a head start on getting experience into their younger guys. This does show how far off our selections have been. We have tried to hang on to the prospect of success at the expense of proper development. The other issue is that they have young guys taken at the pointy end of the draft whereas ours are mostly later selections and rookies.

We may get smashed out there but it's probably more to do with the spread of our talent and the gaps in our age profiles rather than just playing too many young guys.

Am hearing whispers Tutt in for Sam Rowe. Hoping this is not the case, seems to always look like a lost chook with ball in hand, and constantly runs into traffic.

Have had a big week this week. Looking forward to finishing work, going home and watching a whole bunch of young talent play some awesome footy. We're in with a chance here.

I don't know why 'average age' is used to compare lists.

Surely a stem and leaf plot is the better way to judge the state of one's list in those terms?

Fletcher alone raises the average age of his team by half a year..................that's huge. :)

Yeah, average age of squad may tell you part of a story but nowhere near the full story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back