Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
carltonvcollingwoodr152014.png

Match Overview

Despite Carlton almost certain to miss out on Finals, and Collingwood almost certainties to make them, this is yet another match between two great traditional rivals - some would argue that it is THE defining rivalry of Australian football - where anything can happen. On paper though this game is sixth versus twelfth - Carlton coming off yet another loss against the Giants, while Collingwood are coming straight off a pair of losses.

A win in this game for the Blues is a must to have even a faint hope of keeping them in touch with the finals, as well as increasing the odds that one of the lower ranked teams in the eight will drop out. The Pies will be chasing a win to solidify their place in the eight.

This match is being played in the hated Sunday night fixture - so should make a good tv spectacle, with a smaller crowd than would otherwise attend.

Head to head

rivalry.png

The Stats that matter

carlvcollr142014stats.png

Lineups and Matchups

TBA

Last edited:

Johnny Ralph said Murph likely to miss next week just now on Fox Footy

May as well miss for the rest of the year now. List management. Coach hard, play hard but if we don't get the wins ... ah well. Just want to see positives.

We really did miss him today though.

If we're gonna win another game this year, it'll probably be this one. We're much more likely to take it up to a team that we should have no chance of beating, rather than another team in the bottom ten.

Go Blues. I'll be there, because I'm a sucker.

If we're gonna win another game this year, it'll probably be this one. We're much more likely to take it up to a team that we should have no chance of beating, rather than another team in the bottom ten.
It's an even competition thanks to the draft and the AFL bending over the existing clubs.

Shame we didn't get Whitfield, Plowman, O'Rourke, Corr and Jaksch instead of just Menzel in the first round.

Or pick up Tippett and Franklin in successive seasons.

Are we supposed to care? :straining:

Even the club believes that hiring a big name list manager is a wiser move than building a new team around Rogers.

It's an even competition thanks to the draft and the AFL bending over the existing clubs.

Shame we didn't get Whitfield, Plowman, O'Rourke, Corr and Jaksch instead of just Menzel in the first round.

Even the club believes that hiring a big name list manager is a wiser move than building a new team around Rogers.

Sorry mate, I have no idea what you're talking about.

IN: Garlett, Watson
OUT: Menzel, Docherty

Watson to play on Cloke. Sounds about right.

In: Duigan, Scotland, Bootsma.

Bootsma to play on Cloke.

Much better.

I expect a much better effort than the GWS game and the early Collingwood game. If it looks anything like a repeat of that earlier game against the Pies I'm gone by halftime.

I just hope that the players have some pride and play hard till the year's end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to mix it up next week. Going with.
Lucas Rowe Jamison
Yarran Walker Simpson
Graham Gibbs Docherty
Menzel Cas Robbo
Garlett Waite Hendo

Warnock Judd Murphy

Curnow Everitt Thomas Holman

In Lucas, Holman, Murphy, Jeffy, Graham

Out McLean Carazzo, Armfield, White, Tuohy

I have so missed Kreuzer this year. He's got a lot of heart and I feel when fit, he is worth a lot of wins to this side.

Out of his moon boot and moving freely....Great to see.

Ins and Outs?

We won't be seeing Cachia. That's guaranteed.
Possibles: McInnes, Johnson and Watson. Graham but only if he's fit after today.

Garlett didn't show anywhere near enough and if Lucas comes in?............he won't.

Out of his moon boot and moving freely....Great to see.

Ins and Outs?

We won't be seeing Cachia. That's guaranteed.
Possibles: McInnes, Johnson and Watson. Graham but only if he's fit after today.

Garlett didn't show anywhere near enough and if Lucas comes in?............he won't.

what happened?

Well hopefully the boys can pick themselves up and dust themselves off after today, and next week we can go back to blaming the umpires for losing instead.

Out: McLean, White (injured)
In: Holman, McInnes/Johnson

Please push Walker forward. At least those blind handballs over the top when he is inevitably caught will have less chance of leading to directly to an opposition goal. Heard he can kick a few, too.

I have so missed Kreuzer this year. He's got a lot of heart and I feel when fit, he is worth a lot of wins to this side.

Whilst it has been predominantly due to injuries, he has been average for some time now.

Can't question his desire or effort but the output has not been there. Easily 10 or more much better Ruckmen in the comp at the moment.

Injury free he could have been anything but I fear we will never see the best of him again.

Fair dinkum, sometimes I stare blankly at your posts for 5 minutes trying to figure out what you're actually trying to say.

Am I alone here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back