Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Could they finally get us with half of our best 22 out? We've got so far into their heads that we could still pull this one off.

IN: Warnock, Robinson, Ellard*
OUT: Bower, Russell, Curnow*

Joseph, Jamison, Duigan
Yarran, Watson, McInnes
Gibbs, Murphy, Scotland
Garlett, Thornton, Collins
Betts, Casboult, Armfield
Warnock, McLean, Carrazzo

Bell, Curnow/Ellard (take your pick), Robinson, Dale (s)

Could they finally get us with half of our best 22 out? We've got so far into their heads that we could still pull this one off.

IN: Warnock, Robinson, Curnow*
OUT: Bower, Russell, Ellard*

Joseph, Jamison, Duigan
Yarran, Watson, McInnes
Gibbs, Murphy, Scotland

Ellard out- might pack his bags and be out the fn door

Need to get a few of our top talent back into the team. I am not sure who will be ready... the only shoe in at this moment would be Warnock..maybe Robinson?

Out: Bower, Russell, Dale, Curnow
In: Warnock, Robinson, White, Davies(?)

B: AJ Jamo Duigan
HB: Yazz Watson McInnes
C: Gibbs Carrazzo Scotland
HF: Collins Casboult Robinson
F: Betts Thornton Garlett
R: Warnock Bell Murphy
IC: Armfield McLean White (Davies)

Wow I havent seen a structured line up for three months......!!

Need to get a few of our top talent back into the team. I am not sure who will be ready... the only shoe in at this moment would be Warnock..maybe Robinson?

Out: Bower, Russell, Dale, Curnow
In: Warnock, Robinson, White, Davies(?)

B: AJ Jamo Duigan
HB: Yazz Watson McInnes
C: Gibbs Carrazzo Scotland
HF: Collins Casboult Robinson
F: Betts Thornton Garlett
R: Warnock Bell Murphy
IC: Armfield McLean White (Davies)

Wow I havent seen a structured line up for three months......!!
I would have Bird at CHF and Casboult running lines and leads out of the goal sq... he hasnt played enough football recently to have the tank to be a lead up CHF at this point. Leave Dale in the side (I think that Davies is out injured) as the sub... the time he spends in the game will be beneficial to his development and we get a damned good look at him.

I like Davies had another no frills aggressive game in the Magoos..has had a string of 3 games now. The reason I like him along with Robbo and now Belly they all improve the composition of the team in terms of body mass & aggressiveness at the football. If he pulled up well in the 2s I'll bring him in straight away. Tuohy as well!

We got pumped in the hit outs (as much as I respected TBird and Casbah's effort). .. Nocka back this week will help a lot but Maric will likely hurt us around the ground. .. Casbah, Bell and TBird will have to stay in this week and it would be fair to give Dale another hit out, so can see Bowser making way for Warnock. ..

Maybe we can let Robbo have another week to get right and back in the majority of the group to play with some confidence. .. Their midfield will likely cut ours up, so bring in Ellard for Curnow to do a job on one and let Carrots go head2head with the other while Brock and Bell crunch the packs letting Murph continue to play outside. ..

IN: Warnock, Ellard
OUT: Bower, Curnow

Who goes out if Tuohy or Robbo (doubt it) are fully fit?

IN: Warnock, Robinson, Ellard*
OUT: Bower, Russell, Curnow*

Joseph, Jamison, Duigan
Yarran, Watson, McInnes
Gibbs, Murphy, Scotland

What has Tuohy done? any chance he will be available for this game.

We got pumped in the hit outs (as much as I respected TBird and Casbah's effort). .. Nocka back this week will help a lot but Maric will likely hurt us around the ground. .. Casbah, Bell and TBird will have to stay in this week and it would be fair to give Dale another hit out, so can see Bowser making way for Warnock. ..

Maybe we can let Robbo have another week to get right and back in the majority of the group to play with some confidence. .. Their midfield will likely cut ours up, so bring in Ellard for Curnow to do a job on one and let Carrots go head2head with the other while Brock and Bell crunch the packs letting Murph continue to play outside. ..

IN: Warnock, Ellard
OUT: Bower, Curnow

Who goes out if Tuohy or Robbo (doubt it) are fully fit?
If Robinson is fit he would surely come in before Ellard as a replacement for Curnow.

Tuohy will or should replace Dale or Russell also if fit.

If Robinson is fit he would surely come in before Ellard as a replacement for Curnow.

Tuohy will or should replace Dale or Russell also if fit.

Yeah, agree. .. Just think a Calf strain is a niggly injury and even if he seems right resting it another week could be a good idea. .. As for Tuohy maybe a half in the Northern Blues because back injuries are also quite taxing and hard to get right. ..

FB: Duigan Jamison McInnes
HB: Yarran Watson Armfield
C: Gibbs Carrazzo Ellard
HF: Russell Thornton Collins
FF: Betts Casboult Garlett
Foll: Warnock Bell Murphy
Inter: Joseph, Scotland, McLean and Dale (s)

IN: Ellard, Warnock
OUT: Curnow (rest), Bower (Omitted)

Depending if know one comes up for this game that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what has happened with Ellard? He didn't play reserves and wasn't in the seniors. Does he have an injury that we don't know about?

Any chance of seeing Mitchell next weekend? Personally have given up on Waite, plays 3 games, out for 5, plays another 2, out for 10. His body has seemed to have got the better of him and I believe its time for us to look to another option as Waite can no longer be relied upon.

Don't think we need to needlessly risk players. If guys like Robinson, Tuohy and Hendo aren't right to go, then don't even think about playing them. The kids held their own last night. So if all of our guys injured aren't right to go and those in the twos are:

OUT: Bower, Curnow, (Thornton)
IN: Warnock, Ellard (Or maybe even O'Keeffe if Ellard can't play?), (Mitchell if he's right to go)

Don't think we need to needlessly risk players. If guys like Robinson, Tuohy and Hendo aren't right to go, then don't even think about playing them. The kids held their own last night. So if all of our guys injured aren't right to go and those in the twos are:

OUT: Bower, Curnow, (Thornton)
IN: Warnock, Ellard (Or maybe even O'Keeffe if Ellard can't play?), (Mitchell if he's right to go)
I wouldnt drop Thornton.

I wouldn't drop Curnow, though his 'efficiency' can let him down at times.

Bruise free footy from the likes of AJ and Army (0 tackles each) would be where I'd be pointing the finger.

Yes, Virginia - Ed, Brock and Dave can play in the same side.

I wouldn't drop Curnow, though his 'efficiency' can let him down at times.

Bruise free footy from the likes of AJ and Army (0 tackles each) would be where I'd be pointing the finger.

Yes, Virginia - Ed, Brock and Dave can play in the same side.

AJ did a fine job on Dahlhaus. .. Couple of nudges off the line of the ball were classic at creating space, for team mates, as Luke is a terrier on the tackling. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back