Preview Rnd 19 Carlton v Fremantle Thursday 31st July @ Patersons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For mine same changes as for the North game.

Out: The Shackles.
In: Playing with freedom.

Playing with freedom seemed to do it for the saints today. Suspect it will be more difficult for you guys against home crowd and no doubt freo having minds back on the job after that loss. Hope you do well.

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA
Playing with freedom seemed to do it for the saints today. Suspect it will be more difficult for you guys against home crowd and no doubt freo having minds back on the job after that loss. Hope you do well.

Freo won't want to drop another to a team they know they should comfortably beat.

Will need to be 200% on.

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Crowley will never attract a tag.

Not sure who Ed will go to. Fyfe is the logical choice but I think that changes if Hill is around.

It's a shame Dre is out for the rest of the season. I reckon he'd have been very handy on Fyfe.

Gibbs head to head with Fyfe

Curnow to Hill.

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
jeffy garlett odds on to play in front of his home crowd? didn't play well in the 2nds but as we saw with watie mick just picks players for the moment an something to prove,

Curnow on hill wouldn't work freo use hill to well for ed to keep up, love ed but he is more suited to a mundy type..

who gets there most important player ballantyne? zac?

prisoner777

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2013
Bluesville Intergalactic Community
AFL Club
Carlton
jeffy garlett odds on to play in front of his home crowd? didn't play well in the 2nds but as we saw with watie mick just picks players for the moment an something to prove,

Curnow on hill wouldn't work freo use hill to well for ed to keep up, love ed but he is more suited to a mundy type..

who gets there most important player ballantyne? zac?
Garlett needs to perform!!!

Drink for every time prisoner777 uses an exclamation mark

ambulance.jpg

;)

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
What about the Headline on the back of 'The Age'. 'Oh my god, they've thrilled Lenny'. I had to look at the front page. I thought the paper boy had delivered the Herald Sun again:mad:

Maybe Garlett for Ellard, so long as Garlett really is putting in some effort
Unfortunately Jeffy flinches, Davey doesn't. We need a guy that outs his head over the ball doesn't second guess. Not the same Jeffy of old unfortunately.

Hope Murph enjoyed the night off from a tag last night.
Thought this was really smart play by Mick. Murphy had an early knock to the knee, risk was quite high playing him on the ball full time.. Then went to half back and dictated the play from there. Taggers hate half back apparently lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juddalenko

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
On current form: we beat Saints by 80 odd, Saints beat Freo by 60 odd. I predict Carlton to win by 140 points. Our triple forward threat to kick 20 between them, Gibbs to rack up 40, and Woody to take a hanger over Sandi. I further predict that Fyfe will grow 3 inches during the game and eclipse 8ft.

In: The Finals Dream
Out: Reality

On current form: we beat Saints by 80 odd, Saints beat Freo by 60 odd. I predict Carlton to win by 140 points. Our triple forward threat to kick 20 between them, Gibbs to rack up 40, and Woody to take a hanger over Sandi. I further predict that Fyfe will grow 3 inches during the game and eclipse 8ft.

In: The Finals Dream
Out: Reality

Sounds like we should bring Cripps in, he should be 9 foot 6 by now

Last edited:
In contention:

Carrazzo: Although may again have to come back via the reserves.
Warnock: Although he may be hard pressed ousting Wood.
Johnson: If Menzel doesn't front then he's in.
Lucas: Unless Mick has told him "No more" he has a very good chance of being considered
Garlett: Dependent on how he feels.
McLean: Maybe but fair to ask why?
Armfield: Touch and go

Buckley and Cachia seem to have sustained injuries in yesterdays VFL game, so that may be unlikely.
Robinson is likely to be suspended, Everitt a definite out and don't bet on Menzel being available.

Simpson Jamison White
Tuohy Rowe Docherty
Lucas Gibbs Thomas
Johnson Casboult Yarran
Armfield Henderson Waite

Wood Judd Murphy

Bell Curnow Graham SUB: Garlett

We'll also see whether Kreuzer resumes in the reserves this week.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I think the most important thing is to give Lucas a crack just to show what he can do on Subiaco, it may drive his price up from worthless to something

djholmes

All Australian
Oct 9, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
B: Tuohy-----------Jamison---------Buckley

H: Docherty---------Rowe-----------Yarran

C: Thomas----------Judd------------Simpson

H: Everitt-----------Waite-----------Curnow

F: Garlett----------Henderson--------Menzel

RR: Wood, Gibbs, Murphy