Preview Rnd 19 Carlton v Fremantle Thursday 31st July @ Patersons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
training @ patersons 3.30-4.15 on wednesday for us Perthites.
anyone know which gate would be best to come in through?
I would head to the old Subiaco Footy club rooms and the gates should be open, it's also close to the rooms the blues will be using on game day.

That's my point. The reaction externally when we lose to a good team seems equal to a disastrous loss. Look at when we lost to Port rd 1. Sydney a couple of weeks ago.

I've actually not noticed that myself.
We deserved to get the blowtorch after that insipid display against GWS, but for one bad quarter against both Sydney and Port we were too bad against those sides. I tend not to worry about what the media says about us anyway. Water off a ducks back really.

I've actually not noticed that myself.
We deserved to get the blowtorch after that insipid display against GWS, but for one bad quarter against both Sydney and Port we were too bad against those sides. I tend not to worry about what the media says about us anyway. Water off a ducks back really.
I'm not specifically referring to media reaction. More fan reaction. People I'd spoken to after rd 1 had already given up on the year.

I'm not specifically referring to media reaction. More fan reaction. People I'd spoken to after rd 1 had already given up on the year.

Really......
You need to speak to a wider range of people then.... ;)

Considering the number of players we took into our round 1 game underdone I thought we did pretty well to keep up with Port for 3 quarters.

Really......
You need to speak to a wider range of people then.... ;)

Considering the number of players we took into our round 1 game underdone I thought we did pretty well to keep up with Port for 3 quarters.
So did I.

I'm just saying there tends to be an overreaction to a loss, even if it is pretty expected.

As long as we turn up to play on Thursday night & put up a fight I'll be happy win, lose or draw.

Just been reading today's West Australian and it has an article about Freo V Carlton with some quotes from Jamo saying things like Freo losing to the Saints was an anomaly and despite the loss Freo were the benchmark of the competition. Basically all the standard fluff you have to say not to give the opposition ammunition. But then he is quoted as saying "we didn't look at them and think they're certainly beatable"

???? Surely this can't be right. I don't recall anyone ever saying they can't beat their opposition. Not the greatest mindset to go into the game with if that is the case.

Just been reading today's West Australian and it has an article about Freo V Carlton with some quotes from Jamo saying things like Freo losing to the Saints was an anomaly and despite the loss Freo were the benchmark of the competition. Basically all the standard fluff you have to say not to give the opposition ammunition. But then he is quoted as saying "we didn't look at them and think they're certainly beatable"

???? Surely this can't be right. I don't recall anyone ever saying they can't beat their opposition. Not the greatest mindset to go into the game with if that is the case.
When you watch the whole presser he meant we don't look at them and think because st Kilda beat them we definitely will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carrots potentially back. Menz unlikely (hardly surprising but still :( )

Armfield could return to CHB.

Hope we can stop Ballantyne, Mzungu, Pearce, Sylvia and Suban from looking like AA players this week.:)

You won't have to worry about Sylvia this week as we have Sandi, Hill, Ballas and Ibbotson returning to the team. Sylvia will be first out.

No surprise but Hendo, Whitey, Simmo, Waite and Juddy are already in Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back