Preview Rnd 19 v Geelong - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know a guy who watches every Hawks game in the hope of seeing multiple season-ending injuries. He's a bit sick in the head, but I guess we all understand the sentiment! I'd much rather someone knock them out at full strength so we don't have to hear the excuses though.

Lots of neutral fans just don't care how it happens anymore, just as long as it happens.
A shame really because they have been a damn awesome team, pity their fans (not all of them) carry on the way they do.

Is that typical this early for Swans games? Or do you think it's because of the Goodes stuff?

Definitely not the Goodes stuff, but a few reasons for you...

- Our only night game of the season (night games at KP have gotten bigger crowds than day games)
- Selwood's 200th, would have been SJ's 250th if not for his idiocy
- Rare we get a genuine premiership contender coming down the highway
- Crucial game for us to keep finals hopes alive
- We're in arguably the best nick we have been in all year with three consecutive wins so bandwagon supporters would be more inclined to go

Your record down there speaks for itself. The few losses have been small from memory.

We lost to Melbourne there only a month and a half ago! Forgive us if we've forgotten a home ground advantage exists.

We lost to Melbourne there only a month and a half ago! Forgive us if we've forgotten a home ground advantage exists.

To be fair Melbourne are not the worst side, they did belt Collingwood last week.

Definitely not the Goodes stuff, but a few reasons for you...

- Our only night game of the season (night games at KP have gotten bigger crowds than day games)
- Selwood's 200th, would have been SJ's 250th if not for his idiocy
- Rare we get a genuine premiership contender coming down the highway
- Crucial game for us to keep finals hopes alive
- We're in arguably the best nick we have been in all year with three consecutive wins so bandwagon supporters would be more inclined to go
Interesting, thanks for the info. Sounds like it should be a great atmosphere - I've always had a soft spot for Kardinia despite its fortress reputation over the past decade.

McGlynn didn't even get a mention perhaps they just missed his result or the report was incorrectly reported in the first place.

Yep, it's up on the Swans website now, insufficient force to warrant a report. When I watched the replay of it I thought, "was that it?!"

Yep, it's up on the Swans website now, insufficient force to warrant a report. When I watched the replay of it I thought, "was that it?!"

Have seen worse get a fine but I am glad it didn't. These soft reports are annoying to say the least.

Lots of neutral fans just don't care how it happens anymore, just as long as it happens.
A shame really because they have been a damn awesome team, pity their fans (not all of them) carry on the way they do.

Agree, Geelong fans never carried on anything like the wees & poos flogs in the middle of their period of dominance. Just hope they prove me right & show Goodesy the appropriate level of respect on Saturday.

Longmire could send 12 men out armed with sticks, lose by 409 and you would probably profess it was part of his master plan

Mitchell as sub was as stupid as Mitchell to NEAFL so many times
Seemed to work. His numbers were up and his general play seemed more switched on. You don't think the Swans manage the game time of young players in particular ? Mitchell will be an important cog in the wheel come finals.

The alternative theory is Horse just hates Mitchell. Does that really sound plausible ?

I'm scheming a plan to get down to the game. Limited tickets available but I may just go down on my own like a well-adjusted, enormously popular guy does.
Well adjusted ? Important when you're wearing those tight jeans. Mustn't bruise the fruit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed to work. His numbers were up and his general play seemed more switched on. You don't think the Swans manage the game time of young players in particular ? Mitchell will be an important cog in the wheel come finals.

The alternative theory is Horse just hates Mitchell. Does that really sound plausible ?

That is fine, but if we wanted to 'rest' him, why take him to Perth? Couldn't he have had a full fest in Sydney. It was sort of taking an each way bet, and it was just a bit weird. I do get where the coaching staff is coming from though and people do have to remember that Tom is still young, and this is the longest season he has played to date.

Agree, Geelong fans never carried on anything like the wees & poos flogs in the middle of their period of dominance. Just hope they prove me right & show Goodesy the appropriate level of respect on Saturday.

Cats fans on a whole are pretty good, I wouldn't expect anything except from the morons.

That is fine, but if we wanted to 'rest' him, why take him to Perth? Couldn't he have had a full fest in Sydney. It was sort of taking an each way bet, and it was just a bit weird. I do get where the coaching staff is coming from though and people do have to remember that Tom is still young, and this is the longest season he has played to date.
Probably worried about death threats from BF fans if he was dropped (read 'rested'). Horse having a bob each way ?

Probably worried about death threats from BF fans if he was dropped (read 'rested'). Horse having a bob each way ?

Look if he came out and said...'fans Tom is in our best 22, but a trip to Perth isn't the best thing as it is a long season'...i'm sure everyone would have been fine. I thought he could have done with a rest anyway and a game in Perth where we were no chance anyway would have been the one. That said it was wonderful to see him bounce back last week. The true test though is this week, back up his performance, and that goes for every player.

Look if he came out and said...'fans Tom is in our best 22, but a trip to Perth isn't the best thing as it is a long season'...i'm sure everyone would have been fine. I thought he could have done with a rest anyway and a game in Perth where we were no chance anyway would have been the one. That said it was wonderful to see him bounce back last week. The true test though is this week, back up his performance, and that goes for every player.

Perhaps with our lack of depth Horse really did need to make sure he had a genuine talent as a sub. Not many other options. Hope he backs it up this week. Also hope he starts trusting his boot more. Would love to see Mitchell taking the kick as first option a bit more. Give our forwards quick ball and have them on the move from the centre bounce.

Perhaps with our lack of depth Horse really did need to make sure he had a genuine talent as a sub. Not many other options. Hope he backs it up this week. Also hope he starts trusting his boot more. Would love to see Mitchell taking the kick as first option a bit more. Give our forwards quick ball and have them on the move from the centre bounce.

I saw the trip to Perth as a decent chance to give Rose, Hewett (who was injured I think), Hiscox, etc a run personally. I agree with you on mitchell's kicking, it isn't as bad as some people think. It is no worse than a good inside mid. Knowing him limitations with his kicking is critical.

I saw the trip to Perth as a decent chance to give Rose, Hewett (who was injured I think), Hiscox, etc a run personally. I agree with you on mitchell's kicking, it isn't as bad as some people think. It is no worse than a good inside mid. Knowing him limitations with his kicking is critical.
Parker, Mitchell and Hanners are not our three best field kicks (Mitchell's probably the better of the three) but sometimes it's worth just kicking the ball to grass and relying on our forwards to play in front before the opposition can get numbers back. We then bring up our mids to pressure the arc. Goals are so often created by taking chances. It also switches our opponents to a defensive mindset. They start worrying more about our clearances and less about creating their own.

Parker, Mitchell and Hanners are not our three best field kicks (Mitchell's probably the better of the three) but sometimes it's worth just kicking the ball to grass and relying on our forwards to play in front before the opposition can get numbers back. We then bring up our mids to pressure the arc. Goals are so often created by taking chances. It also switches our opponents to a defensive mindset. They start worrying more about our clearances and less about creating their own.

Yes but to do that we need at least 1 if not 2 small forwards down there. McGlynn and Heeney help a bit there and they ahve just come back in. The talls purely need to create a contest and let the smalls rove and snap goals. I didn't expect Heeney/McGlynn being so critical in terms of when they were out. I really hope we are careful with McGlynn. I would look to give him a rest in the last round though.

Theres evidence to suggest he treats some players differently to others and that includes Mitchell

He looked pretty fresh in he games prior and when he came on then last week

Horse has also never advocated resting anyone in fact the swans are more likely to grind a player into the ground than rest them even if they are on a 9 year deal with a bad back

I think it is more likely he got the sub choice wrong than was managing Mitchell

Theres evidence to suggest he treats some players differently to others and that includes Mitchell

He looked pretty fresh in he games prior and when he came on then last week

Horse has also never advocated resting anyone in fact the swans are more likely to grind a player into the ground than rest them even if they are on a 9 year deal with a bad back

I think it is more likely he got the sub choice wrong than was managing Mitchell
Still running with the conspiracy theory I see. More likely Horse was right than you SS, though I respect your amateur knowledge of the game.

Still running with the conspiracy theory I see. More likely Horse was right than you SS, though I respect your amateur knowledge of the game.

Hardly a conspiracy to think the coach of an AFL side can make the wrong call, But good to see you resort to the same old rhetoric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back