AFL Autopsy Rnd 22: 27 point loss to the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooker, Hurley and Heppell were all good.

Effort was there from McKenna but clearly not ready.

Melksham, Dempsey and O'Brien are all done.

Zaharakis has one year to save his career at Essendon.

Baguley got smashed early on but came back okay.

McKernan was okay but **** his ruck work is poor.

Howlett, Daniher, Fantasia, Laverde, Hibberd and Goddard all thereabouts but need to do more.

Stanton?

That chase on McIntosh has me including him in my statement that if we sign anyone over 27 I'm out.
It's hardly like McIntosh ran away from him. He was on his hammer for the most part. Not much you can do about kicks off the ground like that. He kept the pressure on. It was just luck for McIntosh.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was the only person on this forum during the week that said we won't lose by 100.

I never commented on margin.. but when you look at the weather and it says rain it's not going to be 100..

Howlett, Melksham, Stanton, Dempsey are cooked.

I wish a club in contention would take Goddard off our hands for his last year. Just points & shouts & does f*** all.

I'd give another season to NOB. Need another year to get a gauge whether he can make it.

Zaka, Jerrett have a season to save their careers.

Please let Carlisle stay. It will crush us if he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hooker, Hurley and Heppell were all good.

Effort was there from McKenna but clearly not ready.

Melksham, Dempsey and O'Brien are all done.

Zaharakis has one year to save his career at Essendon.

Baguley got smashed early on but came back okay.

McKernan was okay but **** his ruck work is poor.

Howlett, Daniher, Fantasia, Laverde, Hibberd and Goddard all thereabouts but need to do more.

Hocking? Handed Martin his own ass on a platter

I'd give another season to NOB. Need another year to get a gauge whether he can make it.
Played as an inside mid and was at the bulk of stoppages when he was on the ground. Had less contested disposals than Cale Hooker.

2 tackles.

1 mark.

2 inside 50's, 1 rebound 50.

Doesn't get the ball in close. Doesn't provide an option on the outside. Doesn't provide physical pressure. He doesn't actually do anything.

He's done.

Howlett, Melksham, Stanton, Dempsey are cooked.

I wish a club in contention would take Goddard off our hands for his last year. Just points & shouts & does f*** all.

Zaka, Jerrett have a season to save their careers.

Please let Carlisle stay. It will crush us if he goes.

Looked to me that Goddard is carrying a niggle. He could barely kick with penetration and missed a few targets

Played as an inside mid and was at the bulk of stoppages when he was on the ground. Had less contested disposals than Cale Hooker.

2 tackles.

1 mark.

2 inside 50's, 1 rebound 50.

Doesn't get the ball in close. Doesn't provide an option on the outside. Doesn't provide physical pressure. He doesn't actually do anything.

He's done.

One moment showed me he's no good.

Stoppage, comes from mckernans hand to hepp, who handbslls to nob... Who handballs a quarter of a meter back to mckernan who was hotter than him!

That's not an instinctive user.

It was so painful watching us build for a goal. There is no structure, system or direction. We look like a complete mess. Handballing in circles, blind bombing the ball, running forward, then back, then sideways, then fall to the ground, then wrestle, then blind bomb and turnover. We get enough of the ball, but make a complete meal of it.

The preseason can't come quick enough. Need a coach to drill in a game plan that is effective according to the abilities of our playing list.

Lost 12 out of our last 13 games. That Brisbane win feels so long ago. Unbelievably, we were 4-4 at that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back