AFL Autopsy Rnd 22: 27 point loss to the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

The modern 200cm ruck won't be around for much longer. Hell most tall forwards these days are 200cm.
Goldstein: 201
Maric: 200
Naitanui: 201
Jacobs: 202
Hale: 201

I can't see the model ruckman you're thinking of from this lot. Are you thinking shorter or taller? Even Peter Wright who was taken at pick 8 only last year is 203. Not entirely sure what you mean...

Goldstein: 201
Maric: 200
Naitanui: 201
Jacobs: 202
Hale: 201

I can't see the model ruckman you're thinking of from this lot. Are you thinking shorter or taller? Even Peter Wright who was taken at pick 8 only last year is 203. Not entirely sure what you mean...
Goldy is taller than 201, he is more like Cox than T-Bell.

Nick Nat is...Nick Nat same type as Ryder.

Jacobs is also considerably taller like Goldy both are 203+

Hale is the odd one out.

Edit: Sorry what I mean is the general trend is going to towards rucks taller than 202cm. I was happy for T-Bell to re-sign but we shouldn't be drafting any more smaller guys unless they are exceptional.

Last edited:
Laverde really stood out at points last night. The silk is there yes, but he also tried to physically impose himself on the contest late in the game.

I think we have a gun who will always be at the ball in Heppell but with Laverde we have someone who will tear games apart in bursts.

Kid is a star. I can't wait for him to start flying for his marks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Laverde really stood out at points last night. The silk is there yes, but he also tried to physically impose himself on the contest late in the game.

I think we have a gun who will always be at the ball in Heppell but with Laverde we have someone who will tear games apart in bursts.

Kid is a star. I can't wait for him to start flying for his marks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Add Langford. Was super impressed with his midfield work on the weekend.

Good game guys, the weather was s**t but the two things I took most out of the game....

Laverde - I would love him in the yellow and black, how about we swap griggs for him ? :p just kidding, I love his aggression, you cant teach that. he is a natural footballer.

Lennon- His best game for the club, he just needs to believe he has a place in our 22 and I think Saturdays game, should convince him.

You guys are not that bad, your defense is top 6. hooker, who i could not believe kicked straight, it had to be against us...If hooker can improve his accuracy, he is a very hard forward to match up on, he beat rance. You just need to add much needed outside run, with good disposal. You are not to far away from jumping back in the eight.

Just a question, whats happened to Zakaharkis<sp> ? he was one player who i used to be afraid of when we played you guys, he used to rip us to pieces...he looked bad and disinterested.

I think the Tigers will do all right this year and unlike us they are at least in the finals

I thought the bombers did extremely well and put up a real fight but to be honest, the scoreline flattered Essendon at half time a bit. We had 4 goals 10 on the board from memory at one stage? Missed a number of relatively easy shots (edwards missed 3 alone) but no doubt the rain helped bring the game down a couple of notches.

I thought the bombers did extremely well and put up a real fight but to be honest, the scoreline flattered Essendon at half time a bit. We had 4 goals 10 on the board from memory at one stage? Missed a number of relatively easy shots (edwards missed 3 alone) but no doubt the rain helped bring the game down a couple of notches.
As supporters it was good seeing the boys put in some effort
I doubt many of us thought we'd get the points

All the best against North this week and in the finals

As supporters it was good seeing the boys put in some effort
I doubt many of us thought we'd get the points

All the best against North this week and in the finals

I really hoped the team would fight and they did. I told a mate sitting next to me I was nervous about the game. Supporters have been through hell and deserve a bit of positive energy. Was good to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back