Game Day Rnd 22 - Carlton v GWS Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you Walshy !

******* troy Menzel and Sam docherty are 2 of the weakest players I have ever seen play. Troy Menzel can just piss off. Refuses to run and put his body on the line. Always out of position. Loses his feet at every contest just all round weak as piss.

Docherty is different. Will put his body on the line to take an intercept mark can defend ok, looks good in space. Put him under he tiniest bit of pressure he goes to water. No mental fortitude. Shits himself continuously under pressure. People carry on here like he is the messiah. Because he tries hard and he takes intercept marks. Untill blokes like him and simmo get past the point of "trying hard" and actually make good decisions and hit targets out of defense we will always be s**t.

Mod edit: Don't evade the swear filter
Doc will get there. He has the work ethic to improve. Menzel on the other hand, is a big question mark.

Menzel's effort today has been awful.

I can accept skill errors as long as the effort is there, Menzel looks like he wants to be anywhere but here (ditto Yarran)

I don't see any productive value in keeping either of those two for another year ..

And that there is the reason we are so bad these days and will be in the bottom of the ladder for another decade.

Accepting skill errors from players is just as bad as accepting no effort from players on the field.
When your team mates work there ass off to cover their man and win possession of the ball back and then run hard to provide an option only for you to turn the ball over to their direct opponent, it can be just as damaging as having players in the team not putting in 100% effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously...this won't be his only connection with this game. He will be, spending long nights going through tapes of this game and others throughout this year!
I know that but I don't care - if nothing else it is not professional.
Afraid I am not a young fella who cannot do without his phone

So we can confirm Yarran didn't earn s**t. Got a game due to lack of options. Should never get another game with us. Embarrassing

I know that but I don't care - if nothing else it is not professional.
Afraid I am not a young fella who cannot do without his phone

How do you know he wasn't looking up stats on his phone regarding this game?
How do you know he wasn't texting someone involved with the club about his thoughts on this game as he's watching it?

Doc will get there. He has the work ethic to improve. Menzel on the other hand, is a big question mark.
Agree. I don't understand why mick had to play all out medium Sizers with any skill in defense. Been watching old blues games. Simmo was great on a wing and a hff and I reckon doc would be as well. We haven't had a tackle in our forward half. Bucks has been good off half back but he should be played forward has zip guts and a bit of skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back