Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v Melbourne Sat 12th April 1.45PM @ MCG - Team post #571

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

100% agree on Cripps and Docherty coming straight in. Also think Graham deserves a crack and Casboult needs to come in. Tuohy, White and Rowe need a wake up call and Tuohy might need a stint in VFL to get form and hunger back - not the same player as last year. Give Knockers one more chance with Casboult next to him before bringing in Cam Wood.

OUT: Bell (form), Tuohy (wake up call), White, Rowe
IN: Graham, Docherty, Cripps, Casboult

Play Hendo back and Tex forward until our defense stabilizes.

B: Bucks - Jamo - Doc
HB: Simmo - Hendo - Yaz
C: Daisy - Carrazzo - Gibbs
HF: Robbo - Waite - Walker
F: Garlett - Casboult - Menzel
Foll: Warnock, Murphy, Curnow
I/C: Graham, Cripps, Everitt
Sub: Ellard

Emg: Rowe, Scotland, Bell

This is a side that offers more stability, a bit of hunger, as well as some youth and promise. Play Ellard as sub as he's a recognised impact player in that role. This team should be able to beat Melbourne - key word being should.

100% agree on Cripps and Docherty coming straight in. Also think Graham deserves a crack and Casboult needs to come in. Tuohy, White and Rowe need a wake up call and Tuohy might need a stint in VFL to get form and hunger back - not the same player as last year. Give Knockers one more chance with Casboult next to him before bringing in Cam Wood.

OUT: Bell (form), Tuohy (wake up call), White, Rowe
IN: Graham, Docherty, Cripps, Casboult

Play Hendo back and Tex forward until our defense stabilizes.

B: Bucks - Jamo - Doc
HB: Simmo - Hendo - Yaz
C: Daisy - Carrazzo - Gibbs
HF: Robbo - Waite - Walker
F: Garlett - Casboult - Menzel
Foll: Warnock, Murphy, Curnow
I/C: Graham, Cripps, Everitt
Sub: Ellard

Emg: Rowe, Scotland, Bell

This is a side that offers more stability, a bit of hunger, as well as some youth and promise. Play Ellard as sub as he's a recognised impact player in that role. This team should be able to beat Melbourne - key word being should.
Am I reading this after round 3 of the season? Please kill me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton will probably come out and win by 100 points then strut off feeling like premiers.

Out: Bell, White, Rowe

In: Cripps, Watson, Casboult

Melbourne have no tall forwards fit play Henderson, Waite and Casboult all forward and stretch the backline like the Eagles did. As long as the midfielders put in effort this week, there is no chance of losing

Out: Rowe, White, Garlett, Touhy, Ellard, Curnow
In: Casboult, Cripps, Scotland, Graham, Watson, Docherty

Statement time!

Look, I'm realistic about this won't happen. Although it's something I'd get excited about.

FB: Docherty Jamison Watson
HB: Simpson Henderson Buckley

C: Thomas Gibbs Lucas
Foll: Warnock Carrazzo Murphy

HF: Yarran Waite Tuohy
FF: Menzel Casboult Walker

Inter: Bell Everitt Curnow
Sub: Robinson

In: Docherty Watson Lucas Casboult
Out: White Rowe Ellard Garlett

I'll be genuinely surprised if we don't win this and if we do it will mean jack s**t.

Re changes, we don't have enough replacements on the list if you were dropping players based on last night's effort.

No to Cripps, let him gain fitness and momentum in the 2nds. Yes to Cas and Watson, while Rowe was certainly nowhere near our worst Watto needs games and this is a good one for him. If nothing else we need his accurate foot out of defense.

Out: Rowe, Garlett, White

In: Cas, Graham, Watson

Buckley Jamo Tuohy
Watto Hendo Simmo
Thomas Bell Everitt
Yarran Waite Robbo
Ellard Cas Menz

Warnock Gibbs Murph

Ed Graham Walker *Carrazzo

Walker has been shocking, play him closer to the ball all game, see if he can find it and get some form going.

I would not mind seeing Simpson moved back into the midfield sometime this year. I think we need his spread and defensive abilities closer to the ball.
This is assuming we can get the Doc up and running in our backline.

Walker could be a good option up forward again, provides a leading target.

Can't really turn my care factor on for this. Only interest will be young players continued efforts and hope there is no permanent damage to their psyche.

I feel like those wanting to drop Rowe are being a bit harsh. Certainly wasn't our worst last night and the delivery to him was awful, two kicks in particular that should've been straight on his chest on the lead but instead bounced five metres in front of him.

In: Graham, Docherty, Cripps
Out: Robinson, White, Garlett

Tuohy very lucky

FB: Buckley Jamison Tuohy

HB: Simpson Henderson Docherty

C: Thomas Carrazzo Gibbs

HF: Walker Waite Yarran

FF: Menzel Rowe Everitt

Foll: Warnock Murphy Bell

INT: Graham, Ellard, Curnow, Cripps (sub)

Please Walker forward, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back