Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 20th April @ Etihad 4.40PM - Team post #541

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many of you are there?

Just one physical person with two personalities. Regular ShanDog and shouty ShanDog.

Check out our podcast for proof.

what have you seen, RF? Spill it.

Not that I'm overly fussed these days, don't really post enough to care ...

But for an example, have a look back at the essendon pre-game thread where a discussion was had regarding the merits of dropping Jeffy for the game. In that discussion I was told to "get back on topic" ... :confused:

Then, in the last week in the rumour thread, there's about 3 pages about wine, and yet, not a single suggestion that people get "back on topic".

A clique? Maybe not. But you'd think that occurences like these might lead folks to the conclusion that there are different rules for some ... just sayin'.

Not that I'm overly fussed these days, don't really post enough to care ...

But for an example, have a look back at the essendon pre-game thread where a discussion was had regarding the merits of dropping Jeffy for the game. In that discussion I was told to "get back on topic" ... :confused:

Then, in the last week in the rumour thread, there's about 3 pages about wine, and yet, not a single suggestion that people get "back on topic".

A clique? Maybe not. But you'd think that occurences like these might lead folks to the conclusion that there are different rules for some ... just sayin'.

Sometimes threads break out in a little bit of mirth and merriment. It's good for board bonding on the odd occasion. Sometimes it goes on too long and is cleaned up but sometimes not.

On that occasion, a discussion about the merits of Garlett and Yarran started to heat up, and it started to get personal. Aph made the call to dissolve the escalation argument by getting the discussion back on track. She did so right after your last post by using the words you last posted ... 'am I being clear enough'.

It was not just you being told to get back on topic though. It was everybody involved in the argument.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Well as a club under fire and as one of the many of the masses who has been screaming for answers, Mick has remained cool under all of it. Could he be leading by example and can players look to him for how to remain rock solid? Too often we switch off during games and mental lapses im sure we can all agree cost us games. Our in ability to play 4 quarters. As i search for a silver lining I am hoping Micks steadfastness this week in a patch where other coaches would feel the pinch, he has remained on message.

Sometimes threads break out in a little bit of mirth and merriment. It's good for board bonding on the odd occasion. Sometimes it goes on too long and is cleaned up but sometimes not.

One person's "board bonding" could be another person's "clique building".

On that occasion, a discussion about the merits of Garlett and Yarran started to heat up, and it started to get personal.

No, it didn't.

Aph made the call to dissolve the escalation argument by getting the discussion back on track. She did so right after your last post by using the words you last posted ... 'am I being clear enough'.

A comment I made was misinterpreted by several posters, I addressed those misinterpretations, and as you point out, the last clarification was my last comment on the matter ... ergo, end of escalation. Regardless, the conversation was completely on-topic, unlike miriad posts in countless threads which don't attract the same response.

One can but wonder whether you, MSR, HBF, Thy, Chism, Jeremias, Zee, Wook, MEB, Dram, etc etc would trigger the same response in similar circumstances.

It was not just you being told to get back on topic though. It was everybody involved in the argument.

Never said it was.

But whatever ODN, I'm really not looking to argue about it. My post was an attempt to point out how some (especially infrequent) posters might get the impression of different rules for different folks. You guys can take the feedback on board (pardon the pun) or not ...

Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Someone rang the clique alarm?!

Clique go the shears.................what a fabulous myth about people with fake names on the intraminent.

Gotta bit of hope in me this morro, and a bit of Creme de Menthe (spell check).

The big Number 5 is back out there, strutting his magnificent stuff.................................................going for us, by a point.

Go Baggers!!!!!

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Clique go the shears.................what a fabulous myth about people with fake names on the intraminent.

Gotta bit of hope in me this morro, and a bit of Creme de Menthe (spell check).

The big Number 5 is back out there, strutting his magnificent stuff.................................................going for us, by a point.

Go Baggers!!!!!

Quoted for posterity.

Anyhoo how do people expect us to keep up the Bullies spread?

Big improvement from the boys this week.............................I hear things, li'l bit.

Never lose faith my friend. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Ahh good.

They remembered it's not the nab challenge anymore?

Do we think any late changes, jeffy trained well apparently

I hope they leave him out this week just to drive the message home.
Agree MEB_ I think blokes who are dropped need to play there way back in and all accounts Jeffy didn't set the world on fire in the twos.

Well I just got named in the clique and I don't like it :(. I try to be nice to everyone!
So your in the clique MEB_ , are you allowed to divulge who else is ? Or is that a clique rule you don't tell. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back