Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 20th April @ Etihad 4.40PM - Team post #541

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoping for a 1st quarter v Port effort for 4 quarters!.
Go Bags

Gotta admit I'm a little nervous. No team has ever made finals after an 0-5 start surely? Would be disappointing to know that the season is basically over this early on.

Once posters start addressing a posters style or history instead of their argument, them it is getting personal. I never said abuse.

But you said the discussion was "becoming" personal. The "poster style/history" part of the conversation was the very first response ... temporal importance here in the context of your last post and the reference to "escalation".

The points were made, not taken on board and were being re-made. Instead of discussing the Essendon game, match ups and tactics, discussion had narrowed to posters protecting one favorite player over another. I'd say the.topic was losing its way.

And of course, this hasn't happened before ...

Is this the clique?

Sigh ... I pegged you as somone who could understand the difference between "impresssions" or "perceptions" versus "concrete realities", guess I was wrong.

And I attempted to explain and offer context to these perceptions as to not do so would confirm the contentions or give the impression we don't care about it.

Which you've done before and yet, the perception persists amongst posters both old and new ... mmmm.

Look ODN. Please remember that I didn't start the conversation about the clique. Someone mentioned it, Thy asked for examples. So I provided an example and then further context of exchanges that exhibit something like arbitrarily applied rules. And tried to make the suggestion (that you seem to want to deliberately misrepresent) that such arbitrarily applied rules are the sort of thing that give rise to the perception of a clique.

You can either take the observation on board, or you can belittle the discussion and rationalise away what the observation might represent, as is your prerogative.

^^^^

Give it a rest.

Game is on in 2 hours, get excited, talk about that.

Hard to get excited about our team at the mo', but I've got my tickets and I'm going with a mate and his young son (gotta feel for the lad).

If the boys show the endeavour and spirit that we all know they're capable of, I promise to be excited. Can't believe I'm back to the way I felt in the really dark days ... just wanna see some determination and fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The forgotten man is Juddy. I think we underestimate his influence and we'll see how much of a champ he is today.

Go Blues!

But you said the discussion was "becoming" personal. The "poster style/history" part of the conversation was the very first response ... temporal importance here in the context of your last post and the reference to "escalation".

If you are going to pick apart every mod decision you disagree with, we are not going to get anywhere. We will never please everybody, and won't be catering to those that make the most noise. You could be more accepting from time to time. You are but one person and don't have to please anybody but yourself.

Sigh ... I pegged you as somone who could understand the difference between "impresssions" or "perceptions" versus "concrete realities", guess I was wrong.

And someone else has a perception that another group is protected, and so on and so on. We can't address perceptions when those perceptions are different.

Which you've done before and yet, the perception persists amongst posters both old and new ... mmmm.

What percentage? Maybe those that hold the perception aren't looking hard enough. Maybe they are wrong? I tell you what is, the perception remains. Aside from getting every mod decision to everybody's liking, there is not a damn thing we can do to address this perception.

Look ODN. Please remember that I didn't start the conversation about the clique. Someone mentioned it, Thy asked for examples. So I provided an example and then further context of exchanges that exhibit something like arbitrarily applied rules. And tried to make the suggestion (that you seem to want to deliberately misrepresent) that such arbitrarily applied rules are the sort of thing that give rise to the perception of a clique.

You can either take the observation on board, or you can belittle the discussion and rationalise away what the observation might represent, as is your prerogative.

I take on board that you think this. The fact that you think this despite what I say, by suggesting it is just a perception, suggests that I am wasting my breath and you think I am being dishonest. I get the feeling everything is dismissive or belittling unless you get an admission of something the mods are not party to. You get the courtesy of an explanation and don't like it. Would you rather your posts be deleted and you be ignored?

I get along with everybody, unless they insist on making things difficult and creating work for us.

^^^^

Give it a rest.

Game is on in 2 hours, get excited, talk about that.

And where are the Adelaide crew watching this today ... with what refreshments ... and err supplies?

Yarran to kick a few, Casboult, henderson if he plays forward, like to see walker forward if possible

Having said that I'm normally optimistic, however, i'm braced for the worst...all else fails chocolate and red wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back