Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton vs West Coast Saturday 26th April 2014 @ Etihad 4.40pm - Team post #536

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Docherty go today in the NB's ??
Just an average game in the first half & then went off the ground during the 3rd quarter & did not play for the rest of the match. He did have a lengthy chat with the NB's doctor, but I could see no noticeable injury & no work was done on him whilst on the interchange bench (that I could see).

Just an average game in the first half & then went off the ground during the 3rd quarter & did not play for the rest of the match. He did have a lengthy chat with the NB's doctor, but I could see no noticeable injury & no work was done on him whilst on the interchange bench (that I could see).
Thanks MSR, that would suggest maybe another week or 2 in the NB's then perhaps providing there is no injury.

Thanks MSR, that would suggest maybe another week or 2 in the NB's then perhaps providing there is no injury.
As an after thought I wondered if he had been told to call it a day, with a view to him playing in the seniors next week. He did stroll out to the three quarter time huddle with his boots off & didn't look to have a limp & there was no noticeable strapping/bandaging.

As an after thought I wondered if he had been told to call it a day, with a view to him playing in the seniors next week. He did stroll out to the three quarter time huddle with his boots off & didn't look to have a limp & there was no noticeable strapping/bandaging.
Well that would be great news.:thumbsu:

Great to see Rob Wiley having a lengthy quarter time chat with Nick Graham at Whitten today. :thumbsu:
Whatever he said must have worked because Graham was a lot better after that, particularly in the second half. Early on there was quite a bit of frustration coming from the bench about his positioning at ruck contests, with the suggestion that he needed to get more inside his opponent.

Whatever he said must have worked because Graham was a lot better after that, particularly in the second half. Early on there was quite a bit of frustration coming from the bench about his positioning at ruck contests, with the suggestion that he needed to get more inside his opponent.
Playing the ventriloquist role...

Would be nice but I doubt it, considering he would need as much match fitness as possible after coming back from virtually no preseason. Does anyone have an official diagnosis on Ed? Selections for this match are really hard to judge and will depend a lot on injury and a few close calls

Would be nice but I doubt it, considering he would need as much match fitness as possible after coming back from virtually no preseason. Does anyone have an official diagnosis on Ed? Selections for this match are really hard to judge and will depend a lot on injury and a few close calls

Ed needs xrays and scans. Reports are varying from hip corky to fractured knee cap.

Great win tonight which will give us confidence heading into next week. Their talls may stretch us but having Waite and Hendo up forward will stretch them too, particularly if Glass is out.

Bucks to come in for Judd. West Coast are quick - can we bring Brock in knowing this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked more hip contacting the post then knee, yeah ??
I've seen it slowed down about 6 times now and I think his hip went in and then his knee, with the Bulldog's player sliding into him (accidentally) as well. He grabbed at his knee a couple of times and struggled to stretch his leg out which would suggest knee injury rather than a hip corky.

I've seen it slowed down about 6 times now and I think his hip went in and then his knee, with the Bulldog's player sliding into him (accidentally) as well. He grabbed at his knee a couple of times and struggled to stretch his leg out which would suggest knee injury rather than a hip corky.
Broken leg according to Dr Peter Larkins and I am hoping it's not true. :(
Well if its a broken leg then that is just an awful result for him.

Have to admire the fact that he still wanted to get back out there and finish the job he was so instrumental in setting up.:thumbsu:

That'd be a guess.
SEN reported after the game it could only be a corky.

Is doubt he would've went back on if he broke his leg?

Dr P just mentioned it on that Eddie show (repeat) on Foxtel just now and I doubt it's broken as well.

It's a wait and see until he has scans done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back