Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton vs West Coast Saturday 26th April 2014 @ Etihad 4.40pm - Team post #536

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
think we can win this, boys need to show confidence and trust in each other.
Thinking this line up
2E Rowe White
Gibbs Hendo Daisy
Tex Murph Simmo
Scoty Watson Bucks
Cas Waite Yaz
Knocks Lucas Carrots

Int : Andre Davey Cripps SUB : Robbo

I know its too early for him but could Blaine Johnson be selected or do we have to wait for an LTI (and does Curnow count as an LTI ?).
Duigan is already on the LTI list & if necessary we could also put Kreuzer on the LTI list. At this stage though I think Johnson needs to string some consistent form together in the VFL before any consideration would be given to upgrading him. Has showed a bit already, but there is no need to rush him.

The team played the way they did yesterday without Judd, our midfield will be all the better for playing an extended period without him. Adding him for the last half of the season will just add icing to what will hopefully be a fully firing Murph/Gibbs/Thomas. Bell can be covered, McLean & Robinson have helped get us across the line in more games. Curnow is the biggest loss but we can look to others to step up.

It's disappointing, but it'll mean we can give more young guys an opportunity which is what most supporters have wanted to see, and we will be all the more better for it moving forward. Not to mention we can shift things around and look to Jamison/Menzel/Buckley/Mclean/Garlett/Armfield/Watson/Cachia etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id line up like this .

FB: Buckley-Jammo-Simpson
HB: 2E-Rowe-Walker
C: Lucas-Gibbs-Scotland
HF:Thomas-Henderson-Yarran
FF: Menzel-Waite-Casboult
FOL: Warnock-Murphy-Carrazzo
INT: Everitt-Armfield-Mclean
SUB: Ellard

Buckley for White
Armfield for Curnow
Mclean for Bell
Menzel for Cripps ONLY IF MENZEL IS 100%

Ellard as sub seems a good chouce for mine. he can go into the middle and win some hard ball if we need him to or he can go forward and snag a goal or 2 in the last 30 mins.

only other thing i would consider is possibly Watson for Rowe. from reports Watson had a great game in the twos.

Would like to keep Cripps in the team some how but think the team i named would perform well against the eagles.

id line up like this .

FB: Buckley-Jammo-Simpson
HB: 2E-Rowe-Walker
C: Lucas-Gibbs-Scotland
HF:Thomas-Henderson-Yarran
FF: Menzel-Waite-Casboult
FOL: Warnock-Murphy-Carrazzo
INT: Everitt-Armfield-Mclean
SUB: Ellard

Buckley for White
Armfield for Curnow
Mclean for Bell
Menzel for Cripps ONLY IF MENZEL IS 100%

Ellard as sub seems a good chouce for mine. he can go into the middle and win some hard ball if we need him to or he can go forward and snag a goal or 2 in the last 30 mins.

only other thing i would consider is possibly Watson for Rowe. from reports Watson had a great game in the twos.

Would like to keep Cripps in the team some how but think the team i named would perform well against the eagles.

Why would you drop Rowe? He played a great game yesterday. Kept his man goalless.

Really hope Jammo gets up for this, showing test at the moment, defence will be stretched otherwise.

Got to back up our win,
id like to think we try to stretch there defence especially with out Hurn Waters or Glass.

start with Henderson Waite and Casboult up forward and see how it goes. If White/Jammo, Rowe/Watson Can't contain there forwards throw Henderson back. we will still be left with 2 big forwards up our end.

Why would you drop Rowe? He played a great game yesterday. Kept his man goalless.
I said possibly drop Rowe in saying that I would happily do it if Watson is fit. Watson is younger and better. Rowe is 26 and makes me nervous every time he gets the ball. Kennedy and Darling are MONSTERS compared to what Rowe faced yesterday.
Personally I don't think Rowe will be on the list next year.

id like to think we try to stretch there defence especially with out Hurn Waters or Glass.

start with Henderson Waite and Casboult up forward and see how it goes. If White/Jammo, Rowe/Watson Can't contain there forwards throw Henderson back. we will still be left with 2 big forwards up our end.

Provided we break even in the midfield

But yeh, hendo the swing man, he was great yesterday up forward, hope another good one from Waite

This game is winable, just need the same intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back