News Rob Kerr takes up new role at Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Figjam17

Senior List
Nov 16, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if this is the right thread, but Rob Kerr is leading the race to be Essendons Head of football operations according to the footy show?

Kerr has done a fantastic job here and it shows by having a big Vic club come chasing. I sure hope we have someone good lined up as we still need to keep drafting well over the next few years if we are to continue our rise up the ladder

I'd be surprised if the change in coaches had anything to do with Kerr leaving.

Maybe, maybe not. But I'm not going to pretend to be surprised at changes up the top.

never had any strong feelings towards him.. but now essendon want him i really want him

Maybe, maybe not. But I'm not going to pretend to be surprised at changes up the top.
From memory Kerr rarely stays in the same job for more than a few years. In combination with off-season events, I expected him to move on this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss **** ;).

In all seriousness if he does leave I hope we go for someone just as good as him.

Francis Jackson from Richmond would be awesome, but nearly 100% impossible.

I think he has done a good job, but not an outstanding job. However, from the mess we were in when he arrived maybe he should be given extra credits.

Would be sad to see him move on, but he has been here for a while. Schwab would probably have a fairly good insight into some of the other candidates around too.

I'd be surprised if the change in coaches had anything to do with Kerr leaving.

I wouldn't. If you have a working relationship with someone over a long period of time and that situation changes, I can easily see how it might get you thinking about moving elsewhere. Having said that, it sounds like the Essendon job would be a promotion anyway.

I'd give Kerr 6 out of 10.

No idea why he'd be in demand.

His contract work seems to be good enough - we're no longer constantly kicking the can of backended contracts down the road, we're no longer massively overpaying for middling talent just because they happen to be here already.
His trade negotiations is better than average, compared to most around the AFL.
His drafting could be better.

I'd probably rate him 7, or a 9 if you take drafting off him which a bigger club could afford to do so.

Our Rob replacement. Go and get him Dean.

1982_160_%28Small%29.jpg

quote="irel, post: 32369961, member: 8634"]Our Rob replacement. Go and get him Dean.

1982_160_%28Small%29.jpg
[/quote]

First player drafted for the Lions - his son

Meh. Not fussed if he leaves. I'm not Kerr's biggest fan, but he wasn't terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back