Universal Love Robbie Gray appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been looking at the Brownlow prediction websites and Robbie doesn't even rank in the top 5 in any of them.
Majority of the sites don't have him in the top 10 either.
Maybe they don't watch Port too much?
Again on the radio last night they were saying 8 medals have been struck by the AFL as they go by champion datas predictions that there could be 8 winners.
They mentoned Selwood,Ablett,a couple of others and even raved on about what if Fyfe got more votes.
Our Robbie didn't get a mention.

For the people that don't watch Port games and judge votes by stats Boak looks exceptionally good but if they were to actually watch the game they would see how Robbie is just an obscenely good footballer. The way Gray impacts games can't go unnoticed surely

Been looking at the Brownlow prediction websites and Robbie doesn't even rank in the top 5 in any of them.

the only site you need to lookat is ozbet.com.au

Feb 2014 - r gray 501/1
April 2014- rgray 201/1
June 2014- rgray 81/1
July2014- rgray 41/1
August rgray 34/1
present day rgray 6/1 and 3rd favourite

Paddy dangerflog feb 2014- 8/1 3rd favourite

Paddy dangerflog today 81/1...and still a flog...

Last edited:
People are saying he might not get votes early because nobody knew about him then, but i'm hoping the fact that he was kicking a lot of goals early on will spur him on to some votes.

Probably a case of,

When Port win: 3. Port player 2. Opposition player 1. Port/Opposition player

When Port lose: 3. Opposition player 2. Opposition player 1. Opposition/Port player

I think he is actually too good for his own good...

YDLLL7.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Robbie takes home the Charlie I'm putting it towards my new car... Renault anyone?

But seriously the past two games have shown me Robbie won't win, not because he doesn't have the talent. But the umpires just don't seem to like him.

Countless times he was talking back at the umps and the game against freo an ump told him to "stop diving"

Mike Sheahan has ranked Robbie Gray 4th in his post-season top 50, ahead of Gary Ablett and behind Selwood, Fyfe and Franklin.

Sheahan's top 50 online

4. Robbie Gray

Mike says: The story of the year in terms of individuals. The coaches' pick as player of the year and understandably so... even if he crept up on a lot of us. Averaged 25 disposals a game, kicked 34 goals and led the competition for goal assists. Brilliant in heavy traffic.

Mike Sheahan has ranked Robbie Gray 4th in his post-season top 50, ahead of Gary Ablett and behind Selwood, Fyfe and Franklin.Sheahan's top 50 online
4. Robbie Gray
Mike says: The story of the year in terms of individuals. The coaches' pick as player of the year and understandably so... even if he crept up on a lot of us. Averaged 25 disposals a game, kicked 34 goals and led the competition for goal assists. Brilliant in heavy traffic.

Robbie Gray with a SpaceX rocket from Mike's obscure list to top 4. He kicked 34 goals in the minor round + 8 in the final.

#graypride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back