Robbo's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

No Bryan Straun, Robbo turn it up. "Strauchanie" "Strauchanie" "Strauchanie"
FXJ264229.jpg
690184-e-j-whitten-legends-match.jpg
StrauchanieBanner.jpg
strauchanie_narrowweb__300x428,0.jpg

Watch Goldstein closely for a few games and you will change your mind. He doesn't jump out because he is not flashy but super consistent and never gets beaten. I never used to rate him until I was told by a Roos mate to watch him closely and with Fox IQ i did and the bloke is equal best ruck man in league.

I reckon a lot of North supporters are guilty of the same thinking. It’s not just his consistency. He also shoulders a massive load over the season as a genuine one out ruckman. The value of that to a team is immense.

Is it top 50 for 2015? Or just top 50 players in the game?

Franklin at no. 1 is something I don't mind - while I think most would agree Ablett is a better player, Franklin is arguably "more valuable"..
if it was a "Top 50 Most Valuable Players" I'd agree. But it's not, and I don't agree Buddy is better than Ablett.

Robbo's Top 50
1 Lance Franklin
2 Gary Ablett
3 Joel Selwood
4 Nathan Fyfe
5 Patrick Dangerfield
6 Scott Pendlebury
7 Robbie Gray
8 Jarryd Roughead
9 Tom Hawkins
10 Luke Hodge
11 Travis Boak
12 Sam Mitchell
13 Jobe Watson
14 Josh Kennedy
15 Dyson Heppell
16 Dayne Beams
17 Josh Gibson
18 Harry Taylor
19 Rory Sloane
20 Trent Cotchin
21 Steve Johnson
22 Luke Parker
23 Nick Riewoldt
24 Aaron Sandilands
25 Tom Rockliff
26 Matthew Priddis
27 Jordan Lewis
28 David Mundy
29 Shane Mumford
30 Callan Ward
31 Chris Judd
32 Sam Jacobs
33 Todd Goldstein
34 Ryan Griffen
35 Marc Murphy
36 Brent Harvey
37 Shaun Burgoyne
38 Dustin Martin
39 Daniel Talia
40 Grant Birchall
41 Jarrad McVeigh
42 Nathan Jones
43 Bryce Gibbs
44 Brendon Goddard
45 Ben Cunnington
46 Nick Malceski
47 James Bartel
48 Luke Breust
49 Chad Wingard
50 Cyril Rioli

No doubt Roo is an absolute star, but so is Watson. They're both around the mark.

FWIW I would have Watson as a top 5-8 mid after the clear cut top four (Gaz, Pendles, Selwood, Fyfe).
Watson shouldn't be spoken about in the same sentence as roo. Ones a good midfielder -the other is a champion CHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson is a star and I'd have him ahead of Nroo for season 2015, seriously a lot of under rating Jobe in here.

Agree, if he is not suspended having him at 13 is a joke. Jobe should be top 5 ahead of players like Dangerfield, Gray, Hodge, Roughead etc.. Wins more games off his own boot than any other player besides Ablett on the list. Jobe has held up a fairly ordinary Essendon side for the past 4 years and made them into a side that has the made the finals the last 3 years.

Arent these lists predictions for 2015? Would explain libba's ommision

It's an interesting call with Hawkins then. I would have been all for Hawkins being top 10 in the AFL after last season (he was arguably the most valuable player in the league in 2014), but with Clark on board, along with a range of potentially serviceable-to-good alternatives as the second tall forward (Walker, Vardy, Stanley, Kersten), it's tough to see Hawkins being as critical to Geelong's fortunes in 2015. And the Cats (or at least the forward line) should be better for it.

Dangerfield too high.

Looks great when on song but there are a few other mids who do it more consistently and are more effective.

Boak, Mitchell, Watson, Kennedy above him for mine.

Not a bad list though

Reckon Macrae is a bit stiff not to be rated. He was amazing last year, his second, and with another pre-season under his belt is cherry ripe.

Would be surprised if the Bont isn't top 50 by year's end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back