Robbo's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Gibson at 18 is a bit of a surprise, I guess he did play every game though.

Also good to see the best tagger in the game Ben Jacobs slot in at 33.

Struggling to make a case for Mason Wood at 38 though. Have to have a few players with 'great potential for growth' on the list each year I suppose.

Yeah thought Wood was better last year when he averaged 3 goals a game.

No, no, no the WCE faithful reckon we are oblivious to his awesome talents.. remember the pack mark he took to kick the winning goal back in 2013 and then the mark of the year in 2015.. surely that makes him the superstar that deserves AA selection every year for the rest of eternity..

Just ignore the 1 mark per game and the sub 30 hit outs per game he gets every game please..
The guy is nothing more than a pre-Madonna in my book.

Not really. He's had 4 more GF touches than Goldie. What put it to bed was that Goldie gave him a lesson 2/2 this year and was the AA ruck.
Yeah but it's how you perform in the pressure cooker over all (away from home especially).
Take it across the whole finals series, in fact take it across the past couple of finals series both have played in and I'm sure there is no comparison.

Yeah but it's how you perform in the pressure cooker over all (away from home especially).
Take it across the whole finals series, in fact take it across the past couple of finals series both have played in and I'm sure there is no comparison.

No doubt about it goldy has been big in our past two finals campaigns

How many WCE players are in there.... looks like their whole list played career best seasons.... there is not way each and every one of them will sustain that next year.... dont think they will finish top 4....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's Rucci's Top 50.

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/a...563131990?sv=892dfed9608677eb0226e12494808766

Are we a very even side or have no stars or are our players just not rated outside of our club?

I know 'who cares what others think' and all that but I Persian let love these sort of lists & kinda dislike that we aren't rated.

We've made two prelims in a row on the back of Goldy alone by the looks of it.

Surely Swallow, Boomer, Higgins & Cunnington are in the top fifty players in the league...?!

Here's Rucci's Top 50.

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/a...563131990?sv=892dfed9608677eb0226e12494808766

Are we a very even side or have no stars or are our players just not rated outside of our club?

I know 'who cares what others think' and all that but I Persian let love these sort of lists & kinda dislike that we aren't rated.

We've made two prelims in a row on the back of Goldy alone by the looks of it.

Surely Swallow, Boomer, Higgins & Cunnington are in the top fifty players in the league...?!

I'm not Persian, but even I believe that North players fly under the radar. I'd like it to be different but every time we're "rated" (ie. at the start of every season) we stink it up.

There are 18 clubs in the comp, I don't think we've done anything to deserve five of the top 50.

There are 18 clubs in the comp, I don't think we've done anything to deserve five of the top 50.

Agreed. But going by Rucci's list we made it to a Preliminary Final with one guy sitting in the elite and then no one at all in the next 45. This could mean a few things...

1) The one player in the elite is SO elite he carried his side into the Top 4 on his own (and therefore he might even need to be rated higher than he is) or;
2) Positions 51-70 are absolutely choc-a-block with North players or;
3) We're the arsiest bunch of mofus of all time to do get so far with so little top end talent two years in a row. But most likely...
4) Rucci doesn't rate North very highly and/or knows bugger all about us.

So, do you not think Brent Harvey is in the top 50 players in the league?

Shaun Higgins?

50 players is really not that many when you break it down - it's roughly three per club, and when you consider every club has a list of 40-45, that's around 800 players on an AFL list currently.

I think Goldstein is the only player we have you could categorically place in the top 50. the likes of Higgins, Cunnington, Wright, Harvey etc would place anywhere from 30-70 depending on who did the list.

Swallow is nowhere near the top 50 players in the whole comp. He has strong points and is heart and soul but also has large weaknesses.

Why do people get so worked up about arbitrary lists from journalists who watch less footy than the average punter these days and have about half the brain cells?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back