Rock, soil and concrete disposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Been doing some landscaping and as a result have about 5-6 wheelbarrows worth of rocks, soil and concrete to dispose of, and don't know what to do about it.

Solutions I've considered:
1. Hire ute from Bunnings, load it up and take to appropriate disposal site.
- Problem loading and unloading the ute. I can't exactly lift a full wheelbarrow up there and don't want to be shovelling from wheelbarrow onto ute.
- Worried about how I would secure the load? Utes don't exactly have deep trays.

2. Hire skip.
- Problem loading into it, as the small 2 cubic metre skips don't have a door and I don't need a 4 cubic metre skip (big price difference. Again, don't want to spend $300+ for a few wheelbarrows worth of dirt and concrete).

3. Push wheelbarrow to local creek in the dead of night, bout 3km away, and dump it in there.*

Any suggestions what the post practical solution is?

*Not a serious solution. I'm only joking...I live too close to a cop shop to risk pushing a wheelbarrow in the middle of the night and not get pulled up by the men in blue.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Break it up into smaller pieces and throw a few into your garbage bin every week,won't cost a cent.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hire a low base trailer and a motorbike ramp. And if you don't have one, buy a large tarp and some rope.

Make sure you hook up the trailer before loading it... because moving it with a few tons will be hard.
Make sure the ramp has no gaps.

Now get your sweat on, and do some dump runs!

Or, lob pieces over the fence into you neighbors yard for the next few years. And be over the top angry and indignant if they even hint at accusing you of doing it.

Or blame something else, using a different excuse every time.
Cats, wind, ants, natural rotation of the Earth, daylight savings.
And be very condescending that they weren't aware that it's completely normal for a cat to move concrete and junk over a fence.
"Must get stuck on ant's feet."

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Throw it over the fence.
Out of sight out of mind.
Fixed.

BombzrBlitz

Debutant
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
This.

I did this to get rid of a tiled kitchen splashback and brick breakfast bar that I removed.
Its illegal to put buidling waste like bricks into the bin. And you are not sorting your waste streams, that can all be recycled to road base.

And you probably wonder why your rates go up each year... yet your so clever for doing it!:rolleyes:

BombzrBlitz

Debutant
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Any suggestions what the post practical solution is?/QUOTE]

If you sort out the clean concrete and tell the skip company they will do it cheaper usually. They only have to take it to the recycler like Delta. Do it properly, it is much better that way, even if it costs a few extra pesos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back