Rocket Eade

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
The heat will start to come though it's far too early... But what are people's predictions on how he's going to turn out?

I'm not sure how's it's going to go... I just remember how the Dogs were in 2011.... we played them in the first game that year and unexpectedly smashed them. I remember it just looked like he'd completely missed the boat in terms of how the tactics of the game developed that year, and he was gone from the Dogs at the end of that season..

Not sure what his role was or what he did with Collingwood.

What do Dogs or Pies fans think?

Gold Coast have NFI, that's their problem.

First of all, they put unrealistic expectations on there team and coaching staff, saying that they expect to be in premiership contention by 2014-15.

Then they fire a coach, a guy that has coached a team of teenagers, for the first 4 years of their AFL life. He is all they know, and they grew to a position where they were contending for finals with there first set of draftees at age 22.

They lose their captain and most valuable player, which causes them to miss finals.

They sack the coach that was doing a tremendous job.

That sacking will take at least 2 years to get over. It will be 2016 before they make finals, and 2018 before they push for a flag.

Last edited:
Them getting rid of Mckenna could go down as one of the biggest coaching blunders of all time. They just had one "off-year" so to speak, and that off-year was still an improvement over their 2013. Heck they were even in the top 4 for a few rounds in 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting rid of the old coach was 100% the right thing to do. He had no idea. Built an entire game plan around 1 player. The wrong thing was replacing him with a guy who's coaching record is just OK, he'll get the Suns to the bottom of the 8 but no further... that said they are getting smashed at home by last year's spooners...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back