Rockliff or Beams

Rockliff or Beams?

• Rockliff

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Beams

Votes: 24 48.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have them on level pegging. Rockliff and Beams are both guns but I feel as though Beams has the better inside game but TBH I rate Rockliff decision making on the outside more. Never see Rocky waste a disposal when he has a bit of time. Beams a few times bombed it long when given the same circumstances.

complement each other so well - just wanna see them play a lot of footy together.

For me it is like this too. Beams and Rocky are two flavours of top quality ice cream. Sometimes you prefer salted caramel and other times you want the coffee. But they are both so good that in the end, why not just have a double scoop? And they work well together.

OK, on that note...off to get some ice cream.

I went a Rocky as I thought at the back end of the year he was more damaging with his inside 50 passing. Both get a heap of it and I also think a fit Pearce could beat them both for AA honors next year. It was great to see Daniel play well against the dogs, it is easy to forget he was coming off a full knee reco this year, please can we have theses guys fit for 2016.

Rockliff if fit is a solid, consistent player whereas Beams needs a good team around him (laying shepherds etc).

Seeing as we are not a good team and Rocky isn't particularly fit, I refuse to comment.

PS. If Hanley can string a few games next year he will be our best player.

Rockliff probably has to play more defensive next year. I think with a core midfield like Hanley, Beams, Christensen and Rich, all of whom are great offensive players, we could get exposed going the other way. Robinson showed he can defend first and foremost then accumulate as well but in terms of balance I think Rockliff will need to become more accountable

While Beamsy is probably silkier with the ball, I rate Rocky's ball winning ability and tackling higher. He's the type that allows someone like Beams to play well.

Rocky needs to have a 30+ possession game to be really effective whereas Beams/Hanley can do more damage with fewer disposals.

Having said that, when Rocky is fit and firing, he has 30+ touches with monotonous regularity.

It is one of the most disappointing aspects of 2015 that we didn't see these three play together often enough.

If Rocky can improve his kicking over 40-50m he can take the next step into the elite category.

I went with Rocky after flipping a coin(I didn't actually flip coin). They are both absolute guns and difficult to split in terms of who is more important to the side and who would be more likely to win the BnF after a full season.

To be honest, I would just like to see Rockliff, DBeams, Hanley, Rich, Bundy, Zorko and Robinson playing altogether at their best for 5 games in a row next season because that will result in feelings of excitement that I haven't felt watching the Lions play in a longggg time. We got a glimpse in the last round against the Doggies and it was fantastic. And DBeams wasn't even out there!

Hopefully all 7 can have a full pre season and head into the season fit and raring to go.

To be honest, I would just like to see Rockliff, DBeams, Hanley, Rich, Bundy, Zorko and Robinson playing altogether at their best for 5 games in a row next season because that will result in feelings of excitement that I haven't felt watching the Lions play in a longggg time. We got a glimpse in the last round against the Doggies and it was fantastic. And DBeams wasn't even out there!

Stop it, you are making me feel giddy!

I'll go Rocky because of his grunt and the extra outward character that he brings to our group. We desperately need some extrovert personalities and presence on the ground and off it. Rocky does this by himself and if Zorko can fill this role and a few of the younger fellas can step up and use their voices we will be better for it. Can never forget Rocky trying to get up and coming back weeks after broken ribs and punctured lungs. He is our heart and sole!

For me Beams ,and in my opinion is clearly better then Rockliff.
At the same time i do rate Rockliff i think his a very good player , but all things being equal both are 100 percent fit ,Beams has more weapons then Rockliff.
Eventhough many of the Lions were crying about the Beams deal. I thought initially the Lions won the trade , however looking at it 12 months later i think it was a win win trade.
Due to the promising season and upside Degoey has, Greenwood if he gets fit will be a very good defensive midfeilder.
Know one Lions or Pies fans ,saw the steak knives Crisp only 21 or 22 to be so good at Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me Beams ,and in my opinion is clearly better then Rockliff.
At the same time i do rate Rockliff i think his a very good player , but all things being equal both are 100 percent fit ,Beams has more weapons then Rockliff.
Eventhough many of the Lions were crying about the Beams deal. I thought initially the Lions won the trade , however looking at it 12 months later i think it was a win win trade.
Due to the promising season and upside Degoey has, Greenwood if he gets fit will be a very good defensive midfeilder.
Know one Lions or Pies fans ,saw the steak knives Crisp only 21 or 22 to be so good at Collingwood.
No Lions fans were unhappy about the trade buddy, The Pies were upset.
Crisp did exactly what he is doing for your club this year to what he did for the last 6/7 weeks he did with ours. We have explained this so many times to your lot.

No Lions fans were unhappy about the trade buddy, The Pies were upset.
Crisp did exactly what he is doing for your club this year to what he did for the last 6/7 weeks he did with ours. We have explained this so many times to your lot.
Including once against the Pies...

Back