Rocky and Hanley: tagging the elite

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it odd that I am more looking forward to the return of Daniel the King Rich than the addition of D Beams?

I may be biased as Richy Rich is my fav player :)
There is nothkng wrong with it at all. He was sorely missed and as others have noted with the improvement of Hanley and Rockliff and also the addition of D. Beams he will be about fourth in line for the tag. Most probably see him play off half back flank and as he gets the speed of the game, match fitness and trust back in the knee move up on to the wing.

Is it odd that I am more looking forward to the return of Daniel the King Rich than the addition of D Beams?

I may be biased as Richy Rich is my fav player :)
I'm nervous about Richy's return. I just hope he comes back without a loss of pace or agility. He wasn't the quickest bloke to start with and I worry that his knee might slow him up further.

I'm nervous about Richy's return. I just hope he comes back without a loss of pace or agility. He wasn't the quickest bloke to start with and I worry that his knee might slow him up further.

I'm also worried that it'll take some sting/distance off his kicking too as it was his pivot leg.

Last edited:

I'm bullish. The way his injury happened was very similar to Robbie Gray except Gray's was much more severe. He's still an agile mover.

They seem to get better and better at repairing and rehabbing ACLs.

I'm bullish. The way his injury happened was very similar to Robbie Gray except Gray's was much more severe. He's still an agile mover.

They seem to get better and better at repairing and rehabbing ACLs.
Gray took a good 12 months before he truly got back though. IIRC, he struggled with his movement last year.

Gray took a good 12 months before he truly got back though. IIRC, he struggled with his movement last year.

His was an absolute trainwreck though.

Definitely not saying that Richy won't need to time to get going though.

12 months ago there was a stat on 'On the Couch' that the only person with more goals outside 50 since 2009/10 than Daniel Rich was Buddy...amazing.
Can't wait to get this back...

And this bloke may as well be the pick 5 we gave up! My god how we have missed that ability! No need to worry about KPPs when you kick like that! Can't wait to get him back!

I don't think we should be too worried about his return and or time to get back into things. 2015 will no doubt be another development year and with beams Christensen and redden back into the team already then richy will get his chance to slide into form and fitness. There is absolutely no pressure on him to perform round 1.

Would like to see him playing off HB. When we get the ball to HF he will always be dangerous from 60m getting a checky hand ball. Likewise when the ball is at HB his penetrating kicking will help clear zones. Not great defensively, but adds some ball winning ability and creates a player down back oppositions truely need to do something about.

Would like to see him playing off HB. When we get the ball to HF he will always be dangerous from 60m getting a checky hand ball. Likewise when the ball is at HB his penetrating kicking will help clear zones. Not great defensively, but adds some ball winning ability and creates a player down back oppositions truely need to do something about.

That's the beauty of having a deep midfield rotation. He will have the opportunity to transition across the flanks, and will be a great re- addition whatever and wherever is best for him and the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zRqAdy5.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back