News Rodney Eade confirmed as GC coach (see p10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's what I don't get.

If Eade leaves with two years left, then he surely can't be paid for those two remaining years.

If the payer sacks the payee under contract, they must pay them out. So conversly, wouldn't a payee who leaves before the end of his contract forfeit that pay? The one who breaches the contract is the one out of pocket.

So how is Collingwood massively out of pocket if they save two years worth of pay that would have gone to Eade, and why not use that as part of a payment to get another footy manager?

There is no way that Eade can expect to get paid by Collingwood for 2015-16 if he is coaching GC Suns, so you save some money there.

It comes down to having to now poach someone out of an established position very late in the year (provided we want someone with good experience), which can only be done by spending more money than we would have on Eade. No money will be saved because we will have to offer someone the same position but at a greater wage, which also affects the whole football department tax thing.

Usually clubs have all these sorts of positions sorted out well before this busy time of the year. However, in the last two seasons or so we have seen more and more that coaches are getting axed late and suddenly leaving everyone in scramble to get someone new, messing up the plans of others. This is not the first, nor the last compensation claim to be made in relation to personnel leaving.

We have to overpay players now because we aren't an attractive club currently.
It's just the reality of the situation.

Geez I think you're selling your club a bit short.

From the outsiders perspective, most other clubs would love to have the financial stability and membership base that you guys have (Carlton included if we are being completely honest with ourselves).

As much as I hate to say it, Collingwood have been the benchmark for clubs to emulate over the past 10 years.
As the benchmark, you are attractive to new supporters and every bit as attractive to prospective players.

I think all clubs are paying overs for players now that FA is in play.

You might get frustrated when it seems not everything is going the way you want it too, but I don't think it's as bad as you think it is. Certainly not from the outside anyway. Somehow I think you guys will be ok.

At least you're not being investigated for doping your players.

Just on that, as soon as it was over, Hine was hospitalised and had his appendix(??) removed. I'd say he was operating under some duress and its no wonder he looked a bit shabby.

Cheers Pedro. I just noticed Taylor Hine was delisted by North. Is he related?

Cheers Pedro. I just noticed Taylor Hine was delisted by North. Is he related?
I know he has a son. I thought he was playing VFL somewhere. I'd say the one from North is not related. I think his sons name is Matthew

The first two definitely played their best footy with other clubs. Medhurst I feel was better in 03-04 than 08-09, but that one could probably be debated? Do you consider 1 maybe 2 hits in 15 years a worthwhile exercise?

Who are the spoilt supporters? I think anyone on this board under 18 could perhaps lean that way, but I think it's rich to use sweeping general statements such as that. Much the same as if I said that some display sycophantic traits on here at times...

At the end of the day we all want the same thing. A successful Collingwood Football club. Some will naturally choose to question the clubs direction in getting there and if there's those amongst us that think they're acting like spoilt brats it's probably more a reflection on those making that particular assessment than those challenging the clubs direction.
Have a look back or access your memory bank and you'll see the type of poster or supporter I am referring to. Believe me, they are of all ages and have a pretty selective or short memory. I'll make my assessment and the only thing it reflects is my disregard for those who say the sky is falling down and are absolute in their condemnation of individuals when they have little idea what the individuals do or don't do.
I also have a mate on the inside, so to speak, and he laughs when he hears reports of what is said in here.
Direct quote: instability? *loud laugh* You poor bastards have no idea about what goes on in the club but pretend you do. Do yourselves a favour and quite making up stuff, listening to Caro or taking note of posters who have mates in the club. Oooops guess your ****ed then eh Filo (not real name)?
His info on a certain person's behaviour before he left is very interesting.

Have a look back or access your memory bank and you'll see the type of poster or supporter I am referring to. Believe me, they are of all ages and have a pretty selective or short memory. I'll make my assessment and the only thing it reflects is my disregard for those who say the sky is falling down and are absolute in their condemnation of individuals when they have little idea what the individuals do or don't do.
I also have a mate on the inside, so to speak, and he laughs when he hears reports of what is said in here.
Direct quote: instability? *loud laugh* You poor bastards have no idea about what goes on in the club but pretend you do. Do yourselves a favour and quite making up stuff, listening to Caro or taking note of posters who have mates in the club. Oooops guess your ****** then eh Filo (not real name)?
Would that certain person now be located in a northern state?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...sense-in-sunspies-stoush-20141031-11f8fk.html

To a significant degree he had been marginalised at the Westpac Centre and the role he has now left was not the role he took on. That was 16 months earlier when Geoff Walsh quit the club after his working relationship with CEO Gary Pert had eroded. The player contracts heavy lifting had been taken over by Derek Hine and Eade was in the queue of several Buckley mentors including ironman Trevor Hendy and Leading Teams' Ray McLean. When the Dayne Beams trade was being fought out, Eade seemed to be one of about six voices and by no means the one running the show.

I said in a previous thread Walsh left because of Pert.
There is some interesting discussion on that.
It also worries me we have too many chefs in the kitchen.
Pert putting his fingerprints on the football dept. is not a good thing.

Boys club already . Tarks Rocca Burns since coming in haven't helped us much. Just jobs for mates instead of getting the best.
Ummmm.... Malthouse appointed Lockyer and Rocca and Burns was highly credentialed when he arrived?

Direct quote: instability? *loud laugh* You poor bastards have no idea about what goes on in the club but pretend you do. Do yourselves a favour and quite making up stuff, listening to Caro or taking note of posters who have mates in the club. Oooops guess your ****** then eh Filo (not real name)?

To each their own.

I guess I'm not really prepared to pot the negative nellies, the positive pollies or MM acolytes because we all have our views. Opinions are like a-hole's we all have them, but some are stickier than others. If you have a disregard for those that don't match yours....

I'm quite sure the only instability at Collingwood ATM isn't amongst the playing group. The poor results are the byproduct of our list being fairly average these days and the actual instability. If you've taken the view that I think contrary to that I may not have made myself clear enough. Sugar Coat touched on it a few posts back and yes I had heard talk of an individual no longer with us, but we all have to make up our minds on that sort of stuff.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Isn't that right loki04 :thumbsu:

The new football director needs to have authority and a dissenting voice.
The whole football dept. is too comfortable.

They don't save two years of pay, they have to hire someone else to do Eade's job, either at the same rate of pay, or possibly higher if they need to entice a strong candidate.
If the candidate is paid more than Eade then there's the extra football dept tax that the AFL will charge the club.
Then there's recruitment costs. Executive recruitment can cost a crap ton of cash. Tens of thousands of dollars.

A move like this will absolutely cost the club money, you'd be completely naive to think otherwise.

Why not get someone less expensive then?

Besides, I thought that Collingwood would be rolling in money, from their 17 games at the 'G, huge membership, and Eddie is always bragging how successful the club is.

I'm sure that dropping a couple of million will be pocket-money for Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back