Delisted Rohan Bewick (2010-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Pre-selected by Gold Coast. Traded to Brisbane along with pick 5, pick 25 and pick 27 in exchange for Jared Brennan, pick 10 and pick 48.

bewick.jpg

Twitter

Summary:

* draft combine results (#4)
* debut: round 1 vs Fremantle (#105)
* most subbed player (#180)
* 2011 review (#189)
* 2012 review (#268)

Contract status: 2013 - 2014

Merrett-Murray Medal results:

2011: =24th (4.5 votes)

Coaches' votes:

Tribunal record:

* round 9, 2012 - first offence for engaging in a melee ($1600 reduced to $1200)

Position: Midfielder/Half-forward
Height/Weight: 185cm, 74kg.
Club: West Perth

Averaged 20 disposals and a goal per game for West Perth this year.

AFL.com.au - Rohan Bewick profile.

Kevin Sheehan says: Hard-running player who is smart, has a penetrating kick and good pace and endurance. Played well at senior level in 2010 in the WAFL. Rohan is the nephew of Essendon premiership player, Darren and has already tasted senior football in the WAFL in 2010.

In his own words
What type of player are you?

A hard running midfielder with good quality skills under pressure. A good contested marker and finisher of shots on goal from general play and set shots. Good leadership skills and always doing the one percenters.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?

Dale Thomas because he is a quality midfielder over four quarters who never stops running and working hard. Has great skills, is a good contested mark and loves a goal.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Leadership, endurance and gut running, marking, winning my own football, long effective kicking, kicking goals.

bewick.jpg

More info here, including video.

DRAFT COMBINE RESULTS

Running Vertical Jump - top 10

1 Kieran Harper 88cm
2 Brad Harvey 88cm
3 Dyson Heppell 86cm
4 Ben Jacobs 84cm
5 Joel Wilkinson 84cm
6 Cameron Guthrie 83cm
7 Jake Batchelor 82cm
8 Rohan Bewick 82cm
9 Ryan Brabazon 82cm
10 Cameron Johnston 82cm

Beep Test (endurance) - top 10

1 Hayden Hector 15 7 (record)
2 Andrew Gaff 15 3
3 Joel Wilkinson 15 3
4 Jacob Gilbee 15 1
5 Ryan Brabazon 15 1
6 Dyson Heppell 14 13
7 Cameron O'Shea 14 10
8 Josh Caddy 14 9
9 Rohan Bewick 14 7
10 Ryan Lester 14 6

3km Time Trial - top 10

1 Andrew Gaff 10:00
2 Cameron O'Shea 10:03
3 Hayden Hector 10:04
4 Jamie Cripps 10:15
5 Jack Newnes 10:16
6 Rohan Bewick 10:18
7 Joel Wilkinson 10:26
8 Josh Caddy 10:33
9 Ariel Steinberg 10:33
10 Lucas Cook 10:34

Friend of mine (Essendon supporter) just asked me if he is related to former Essendon dual Premiership player Darren Bewick?

...and was not suprised in the least to find he already had a roster watch thread! :):thumbsu:

Darren's his uncle.

Good pick up. I watched alot of West Perth games early this year, he was in ripping form at the start of the year. Very good mark overhead for a midfielder.

His old man, Corry Bewick was probably as good as his brother Darren. If Rohan Turns out anywhere near as good as his old man, you guys will be laughing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Tracker

Gold Coast Gain - End of first-round Gold Coast draft compensation selection for losing Jared Brennan, first-round draft selection (No.10) and third-round draft selection (No.48)

Brisbane Gain - First-round draft selections (Nos. 5 and 25), second-round draft selection (No.27) and Rohan Bewick

Link

“I'm over the moon, I don't think it's sunk in yet but I'm sure it will,” he said.

“I'm just really excited and I can't wait to get into it.”

The Lions are in China preparing for an exhibition match and Bewick will join his new team-mates in time for the start of pre-season training on November 8.

Bewick (20) was named the Falcons' rookie of the year at the Breckler Medal count last week and was invited to the recent draft combine.

bewick.jpg

West Perth Football Club

Rohan was recruited from the Kingsley JFC, and it is fair to say he was a late developer. As a lightly framed player, he tried out for the Colts program but took time to establish himself. What was evident though were his polished skills and superior fitness levels. He made his League debut in 2009 and was a key player in the senior team in 2010, even achieving a nomination for the WA State team before a broken leg interrupted his season.

His ability to play with pain and bounce back from injury is impressive. The hard work he put in has now paid off, and we congratulate him and wish him all the best in Brisbane.

rohanbewick.jpg

Like Grim said, he sounds a bit like Dalziell in that he is a late developing midfielder known for his endurance.

The difference hopefully being that Bewick is more damaging. If you watch the video in the opening post, the kick at the 1:58 mark is already more impressive than anything Dalziell ever did. He seems more of a guy willing to make the play, rather than just be a link-man.

A couple of phantom drafts had him going in the second round (38 pick mark) so it may not be a bad call after all - all the best to him. I saw some Lions supporter (Benatration??) somewhere calling him a 'no namer' - that was disappointing.

A couple of phantom drafts had him going in the second round (38 pick mark) so it may not be a bad call after all - all the best to him. I saw some Lions supporters somewhere calling him a 'no namer' - that was disappointing.

A quick search of his name on BigFooty shows that Bewick is on quite a few people's radars. Hadley has plenty of credit in the bank. :thumbsu:

26/03/2009

Rohan has an identical twin brother, Shaun, who is also tipped to make his league debut for West Perth in 2009. Rohan said there is a way spectators can tell the difference between the pair when they are on the field together.
“I wear my socks down and Shaun wears them up,” he said.

bewick4.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back