Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Just wondering how much the British media and entertainment industry knew about what he was up to for all those years and kept it quiet, just remembering the classic Goodies episode of the mid 70's where they take Rolf back to England and one of the Goodies says" Rolf Harris's are a randy bugger, they breed like rabbits". The Goodies were up there with jokes with two meanings, were they just stating what everyone knew at the time?

Norwood1878

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Athelstone Raggies
Just wondering how much the British media and entertainment industry knew about what he was up to for all those years and kept it quiet, just remembering the classic Goodies episode of the mid 70's where they take Rolf back to England and one of the Goodies says" Rolf Harris's are a randy bugger, they breed like rabbits". The Goodies were up there with jokes with two meanings, were they just stating what everyone knew at the time?

Was just driving home from dinner and heard a BBC report on the radio where people in the Aus entertainment industry were well aware of his behavior. One female presenter was groped by him and her male co presenter wanted to smash him. Another guy warned all the female staff to stay well clear of him and gave him the "octopus" moniker.
These things are usually widely known but due to their fame, vermin like him and Saville carried on with impunity.

Last edited:

Borry

Protected Species
Aug 15, 2004
You never never know if you never never go.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
Was just driving home from dinner and heard a BBC report on the radio where people in the Aus entertainment industry were well aware of his behavior. One female presenter was groped by him and her male co presenter wanted to smash him. Another guy warned all the female staff to stay well clear of him and gave him the "octopus" moniker.
These things are usually widely known but due to their fame, vermin like him and Saville carried on with impunity.
Yeah just a brief look at the news tonight quite a few noteable from 15 years ago in Perth based on experiences from Rolf's guest appearances were well aware of his shenanigans. Interesting that it's not till now that it all comes out.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
I remember the 1982 Grand Final where Rolfe made an appearance on the MCG. As he was walking off the ground waving to the crowd, the people around me were yelling out "F**k off Rolfe". I was laughing at the time, but had I known what the degenerate was up to, I'd have joined in. What a silly pathetic person he is. I've always been mystified as to why he was regarded a star ... or even an entertainer for that matter.

This is the problem when you mix the combination of too much time on the hands, too much money, and too much opportunity. Idle rich has always been a huge problem in this world. Rolfe, here's hoping you spend the rest of your days in prison so you can think about what you've done. I also hear the one thing prison mates don't like child molesters, so good luck.

Yep, agree with this, had me mystified for years. Always felt he was a weird, creepy bloke as well for some reason....

Norwood1878

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Athelstone Raggies
How much will his age go into his sentencing?

Will he get off lightly?

I'd be surprised if he got more than five years. Wonder how much he'll enjoy his first non consensual sexual encounter against him:)

Protective custody unfortunately
Depends upon the Prison Wardens really, some look the other way for the nonces to get done.

5 years and nine months, the sentence is now being referred to the attorney-general for being too lenient.

http://m.theage.com.au/world/rolf-h...-for-being-unduly-lenient-20140705-zsx4e.html

Have to say I agree but I am never suprised anymore at soft sentencing.
The problem is that the sentence given was the sentence at the times of the assaults. Five years, nine months for an old man is quite severe, very lenient for a younger person. But for him to only serve half of the sentence is too lenient!
My issue with sentencing is that people who steal money are given much harsher sentences than those who murder or are peadophiles, which I find a sad indictment of the world :(

Back