Rolling Stones touring Australia and NZ 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

He might be. But Charlie is the drummer in Mick's band.

A famous anecdote relates that during the mid-1980s, an intoxicated Jagger phoned Watts' hotel room in the middle of the night asking "Where's my drummer?". Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: "Don't ever call me your drummer again. You're my ******* singer!"

A famous anecdote relates that during the mid-1980s, an intoxicated Jagger phoned Watts' hotel room in the middle of the night asking "Where's my drummer?". Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: "Don't ever call me your drummer again. You're my ******* singer!"

Oh yeah not doubting that. It's a great story.

I tried presale and missed, and completely forgot Monday so forked out Tuesday for emerald seats VIP. Thought would regret if didn't tick them off so paid premium. I got seats so I could wee and get more beer and not lose a good position

is the show worth seeing now that they're all so old? Or will seeing them leave a sour taste in my mouth? Are they just puppets of themselves?
I'm a massive fan but I doubt I'd go if I had free tickets. It's like going to a funeral and seeing your loved one dead in a coffin. It's an image you just don't want to enter your mind when you are thinking about them. They are puppets of their former selves.

I'm a massive fan but I doubt I'd go if I had free tickets. It's like going to a funeral and seeing your loved one dead in a coffin. It's an image you just don't want to enter your mind when you are thinking about them. They are puppets of their former selves.
Maybe they're still just a blues band? Old blusers don't retire.

Maybe they're still just a blues band? Old blusers don't retire.

Doesn't matter which band it is, when you get old you aren't as good. Watch a band play a new song at their peak and then the same song 20 years later when they are on auto pilot. Makes a lot of difference. Jagger's voice is also s**t now that he has taken lessons. They are just embarassing to watch. Their stage moves are so contrived and so so lame.

Doesn't matter which band it is, when you get old you aren't as good. Watch a band play a new song at their peak and then the same song 20 years later when they are on auto pilot. Makes a lot of difference. Jagger's voice is also s**t now that he has taken lessons. They are just embarassing to watch. Their stage moves are so contrived and so so lame.
So you're not going. Okay. Glad we got that covered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their acoustic performance of Angie in the mid 90's stands for me as one of their finest performances, there were no camp outfits or Mick wiggling his ass in girls clothing just a couple of guitars and a riveting vocal from Mick

There's a ****load of tickets dropping on Ticketek this morning.

Just got myself right up the front for the Auckland show, and for almost $200 less than what the same ticket would have cost at one of the Aussie shows :thumbsu:. Yesssssss, so relieved.

The "final" (that's probably BS) tickets for Adelaide go on sale Wednesday, will try for $79 GA.

Just putting it out there, I have 2x PC1 tickets lower level for the Melbourne concert at Rod Laver.

Selling them due to getting hanging rock tickets.

Mother-in-law dropped a bomb yesterday.

She and the Father in Law have a pair of the $500 tickets for the Perth show, but she flies back from a conference in Melbourne that afternoon.

Told me if she's not back in time for the gig or is too tired, then the ticket's mine, no payment necessary.

No complaints with that.

With the news that Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott has passed away (RIP), the tour has to be in some doubt...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back