Past Will Snelling signs with Sturt

Remove this Banner Ad

No pressure.

When you see him running all over the park winning the ball inside and outside, slotting goals left or right foot from 50 then start comparisons with Bucky.

Right now he's more Paul Belton.

BUCKY SNELLING

* it lets just roll with it.

Unusually, he seems a dominant left hand handballer but right foot kick. Although his skills are good on both sides, when in the open these are his preferred limbs.

Welcome to Port Adelaide, Will. You did well to escape Westies ;)

I am a left hand handball and right foot kick, whereas my son is a right hand handball and left foot kick. Interesting but of no real use to this thread.

Being able to fake handball with your dominant hand, and switch direction onto your dominant leg can never be a bad thing. The candy becomes more delicious.

Being able to fake handball with your dominant hand, and switch direction onto your dominant leg can never be a bad thing. The candy becomes more delicious.
Also makes for lets say interesting ball drops.

I am a left hand handball and right foot kick, whereas my son is a right hand handball and left foot kick. Interesting but of no real use to this thread.

Have him DNA tested. I smell a Mcguinnes somewhere in this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main issue aside from his height is he seems to max out his kick at around 40-45m.
True, but he always hits a target.
I find it hard to get excited about rookies because they come and go but good luck to this lad as he sounds like a quality person and I hope he takes the next step.

Last edited:
"Belt's" Snelling :eek:

I recall his nickname as Boz because he was such a big Boz Scaggs fan.

Boz Snelling.

Snelling looks a quality player, seems very much an inside player and extractor, not a lot of depth to his game but a talent for getting it out to players in better positions. Nuggety build too so he should be able to withstand the physicality. He played a fair bit of league footy already so he will be good to go for the Magpies from round 1 and who knows from there?

I recall his nickname as Boz because he was such a big Boz Scaggs fan.
First time I set foot in Memorial drive and the worst concert I've ever been to. Mind you Bob Dylan at Footy Park a couple of weeks earlier was not much better.

Snelling is a strange one i have the greatest hope for him over the next 3. The knocks on him his is height and footskills although he looks like mitchell in his highlights he can struggle at times(same was said about sam gray). The thing he has over sammy though is that hes actually really quick. Recorded 2.88 seconds in 20m sprints in the past and has an outstanding tank. This suggests to me that his scope for development is quite high.

Weve had major success with jonas in the past, colquhoun has shown a bit and played a few games after being promoted from the rookie list and krak is krak. We havent had a jonas successor type from the rookie list in a while i think this bloke may be it.

Might be still worth coming.

Hamish Hartlett might be guest speaker.
If Westies wanted a big turnout they should use the big screen for an Adam Hartlett live on twitter night. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back