Preview Rookie Draft Etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No it's another wasted year of development you could put into a kid. This is more important than money IMO
Cost can be measured in many ways , not just in a financial manner
Last round rookie pick in one of the weakest drafts in years?
Those are snowballs chance in hell type numbers

Doesn't really matter though, Freo will rookie him

Hope it does t take as long as the last joke of an event . After our first selection , I left , drove across 4 suburbs to pick up my daughter from dancing , stopped to collect some takeaway, got back and ffs they were on pick 48 :confused: not up to our second selection yet . It was like watching gone with the wind :drunk:
It will be over pretty quick, its all done online
Pretty sure that previous years its been over in about 30-45 minutes

Every team in the entire comp is rooted if their 2 best rucks/ tallest blokes go down.

We at least have 2 backups in Ty and Griff who have played extended time as second rucks
Someone had to say it, with the exception of say WC , our ruck depth would be as good as anyone's ......no that's not termites , that's everyone scratching their heads , thinking *en A

Last round rookie pick in one of the weakest drafts in years?
Those are snowballs chance in hell type numbers

Doesn't really matter though, Freo will rookie him
So why would you pick him up with his injury history and snow balls chance numbers ? Someone said Five years on a list for aaahhh how many games ? Unless you wanted to drop him off at epworth hospital down the road . The weakest draft in years is speculative and you can still find a diamond in the rough . I don't buy into this weak draft as it's been shown in history that guns or serviceable players can arise from them.
There's some good rookies out there which I would put on the list before Morabito

Last edited:
So why would you pick him up with his injury history ? Someone said Five years on a list for aaahhh how many games ? Unless you wanted to drop him off at epworth hospital down the road . The weakest draft in years is speculative and you can still find a diamond in the rough . I don't buy into this weak draft as it's been shown in history that guns or serviceable players can arise from them.
There's some good rookies out there which I would put on the list before Morabito
I agree, but our last pick is 47, are there really 50 diamonds in the rough
Morabito was a #4 draft pick (taken after Dusty) and his first year was amazing, he played 23 games and only missed due to being rested before finals
He's had 3 knee recos, but the last one was 2 years ago, so if he's going to get back to AFL fitness then this is his last chance

I agree, but our last pick is 47, are there really 50 diamonds in the rough
Morabito was a #4 draft pick (taken after Dusty) and his first year was amazing, he played 23 games and only missed due to being rested before finals
He's had 3 knee recos, but the last one was 2 years ago, so if he's going to get back to AFL fitness then this is his last chance
This story was said about Chris knights and look how that panned out.
Why would we take the risk again? Also does he fill a need ? He would be probably a poor mans Griff which is meh meh meh
Get players we need Rucks , key defender or a mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This story was said about Chris knights and look how that panned out.
Why would we take the risk again? Also does he fill a need ? He would be probably a poor mans Griff which is meh meh meh
Get players we need Rucks , key defender or a mid
He's nothing like Griffiths, he's an outside midfielder
As I said before, the financial and list space commitment is nothing like it was with Knights so its much easier to take a risk on him.

I agree we need a key defender and a ruck first, but that's why I'm saying I'd consider him with our last selection. I doubt you'd get a better credentialed midfielder at pick 47 in the rookie draft. Just taking the gamble on him being able to play without any knee soreness.

You're kidding me , he s not much chop is he
To be fair it's only a rookie spot. Don't think he's much either but he's had experience at AFL level before at two different club environmemts and that's always something that can improve our VFL team at the very least.

I would love Gach.
Perfect rookie pick.

In 2 years he will be much more physically developed to play the game. Our development program will improve his general football play too.

I wish we'd just do it!
I reckon he'll be one of the first to go, always the case early in the rookie draft

He's nothing like Griffiths, he's an outside midfielder
As I said before, the financial and list space commitment is nothing like it was with Knights so its much easier to take a risk on him.

I agree we need a key defender and a ruck first, but that's why I'm saying I'd consider him with our last selection. I doubt you'd get a better credentialed midfielder at pick 47 in the rookie draft. Just taking the gamble on him being able to play without any knee soreness.
Outside mid now didn't we overload on these guys already. Didn't realise he was so stunted in his development as he was touted as a HF when drafted
It's been a long time and I could be wrong , but if this is the case
No thanks
Goodnight

Outside mid now didn't we overload on these guys already. Didn't realise he was so stunted in his development as he was touted as a HF when drafted
It's been a long time and I could be wrong , but if this is the case
No thanks
Goodnight
He was never a HF, he was always a tall midfielder, you must be thinking of someone else.
Not sure about overloading on outside midfielders either, the only one we really have taken recently is Drummond and maybe Menadue, but Menadue is more a HBF
By my count we have 6 inside midfielders and 7 outside midfielders

He was never a HF, he was always a tall midfielder, you must be thinking of someone else.
Not sure about overloading on outside midfielders either, the only one we really have taken recently is Drummond and maybe Menadue, but Menadue is more a HBF
By my count we have 6 inside midfielders and 7 outside midfielders
Yazza could do this role also
Morabito has played as a HF in junior days at 189cm. I ask would he have the leg grunt in him to play as a mid. I still say NO thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back