Rookie Draft Pick 26: Haiden Schloithe

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Rookie Draft Pick 26

AFL.com.au: Pick 26 (Fremantle): Haiden Schlothe

Re: Rookie Draft Pick 26: Hayden Schloithe

Schloithe has some real fans on the D&T board, I wasn't one of them. But that have been more that because others were overrating him, I underrated him to even things out.

I think he projects as a small defensive forward at AFL level. Not that that is a bad thing, because he averaged over 8 tackles a game at Colts level - including one haul of 16 in one match. Just needed to hit the scoreboard more often.

I'll trust that our coaching staff can get him into the midfield though. He can win the ball, and does have decent speed.

Haiden is a hard nosed inside 50 forward who has the potential to develop into a midfielder once his endurance improves. Strong overhead for his size and clean below his knees, he is genuinely tough and loves contested footy. He is a ferocious tackler and puts a lot of pressure on the opposition (he averaged 7.3 tackles per game at colts level this year). He played a few league games this year and didn't look out of place at that level. He ran a super impressive 2.80 20m at the state screening as well as an 8.49 agility and a 24.33 repeat sprint time.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/news/10217882/demons-stuart-wins-jack-clarke-medal/

Haiden Schloithe from South Fremantle received the 2011 Colts Coaches Award as voted by the colts coaches of each WAFL Club

2011 WAFL Colts Team of the Year
B: Jason Maskos (South Fremantle), Matthew Jupp (East Fremantle), Jack Thrum (West Perth)
HB: Sean Lynch (South Fremantle), Robert Thompson (South Fremantle), Marley Williams (Claremont)
C: Elliot Yeo (East Fremantle), Craig Hoskins (Subiaco), Shannon Burnett (South Fremantle)
HF: Haiden Schloithe (VC) (South Fremantle), Tyler Stone (Claremont), Corey Chalmers (West Perth)
F: Marvin Warrell (South Fremantle), Mason Shaw (South Fremantle), Will Shea (Swan Districts)
Foll: Corey Gault (Swan Districts), Sam Fong (Claremont), Kerwin Stuart (C) (Perth)
Int: Blake Borrett (East Perth), Corey Morris (Peel Thunder), Laine Rasmussen (West Perth), Brendan Verrier (South Fremantle)
Coach: Arthur Maskos (South Fremantle)
Umpire: Craig Bowden

How tall is he? In various mock drafts I have read between 179cm and 183cm.

Could be the perfect relacement for Ballantyne if he goes into the midfield more. Schloithie is as fast as lightning and a tackling machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Plus i think Hill wasn't really at full pace this season because of the shin splits during the pre-season. Do you know how Scholithe's pace compares to Ballantyne.

It's hard to say. I read that in 08 before the draft Ballantyne ran the 20m sprint in 2.94 seconds which is a fair bit slower than Hill. Yet on the field and on the track Ballantyne seems quicker. But I think that has to do with his workrate and determination. By the numbers Schloithie is quicker than both over 20m but whether that translates onto the field is a differenrt thing. From reports Schloithe's endurance isn't up to scratch.

It's hard to say. I read that in 08 before the draft Ballantyne ran the 20m sprint in 2.94 seconds which is a fair bit slower than Hill. Yet on the field and on the track Ballantyne seems quicker. But I think that has to do with his workrate and determination. By the numbers Schloithie is quicker than both over 20m but whether that translates onto the field is a differenrt thing. From reports Schloithe's endurance isn't up to scratch.

Thanks Yakka Man. If Haiden is in a similar range to Ballantyne, then that is as much speed as you will ever need. Look forward to watching him play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back