List Mgmt. Rookie Draft: Welcome - Jack Sinclair, Ahmed Saad, Brenton Payne & Adam Schneider

SK_MD_#7

Captain Dunstan
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jack Sinclair first interview:
Brenton Payne first interview:

FullSizeRendergergfer.jpg

Luke McDonald, Billings and Sinclair

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
The more I read and the more I hear - we've got a beauty in Jack Sinclair I reckon.

Also don't underestimate the fact that he's close with JB - something that wouldn't have escaped the attention of Elshaugh et al. Of course not a major reason - maybe a nice little coincidence? Geez we're starting to build a group of young men of good character.

IMO culture will be one of the most important things for us as it gets harder and harder to attract free agents due to our ladder position....

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't believe that Sinclair has been recruited because he is JBs best mate - and that he is going to help Billings settle in better. It feels like some people or sort of alluding to that. If that's the case, we have some issues with recruitment.

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't believe that Sinclair has been recruited because he is JBs best mate - and that he is going to help Billings settle in better. It feels like some people or sort of alluding to that. If that's the case, we have some issues with recruitment.

Sinkers looks a good player in his own right, I think the fact that he's Billings' mate is just a bonus.

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
47 second mark of Paynes interview speaking about our famous captain, "we have very similar playing styles", I mentioned I saw a little bit of Roo in him in his videos - if he is half the player Roo was or is we have done very well.

I can't wait to see these two kids develop along with the dozen other players we've recruited over the last couple.

Radius

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Got a really good feeling about Sinclair, suspect with total commitment to footy he'll be more than just a role-player or tagger. he has nice hair too.

The bit of play at around 2:15~2:20 in his highlights is real neat

66sainter

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think people are more suggesting that these blokes have played footy together since auskick and know each other inside out and potentially when Sinclair plays with JB, JB could be a better player, together they form a very powerful duo.

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles

That wasn't my thought process and I certainly wasn't alluding to that.........more like it was a coincidence and something they would have been aware of when reviewing him as a potential draftee :)

I think that the "Billings value" of Sinclair would be about 1% of the reason for picking him up. And I think that's fine - little things like that can be a factor for a rookie pick, given how much they are long shots, most of the time.

crasha301

worm farmer
Sep 21, 2014
The Farm
AFL Club
St Kilda
If there were 2 players and we rated them both on the same level but 1 was best mates with billings you'd take him. Could have been the case with Sinclair.

SK_MD_#7

Captain Dunstan
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Brenton is going to hammer so many opposition flogs so they're in a lot of Payne.

(i'm sorry.) :oops:

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
As the days go by, we hear more about them. I think they both sound like quite canny selections. Both seem to have been slightly under the radar for various reasons.

But both have a bit of x-factor and if they work very hard things may turn out well. Sinclair sounds a top boy, and has always excelled over the years in all his sports. Payne has just grown quite a bit, and looks to have a few tools for the job.

Good luck to them.

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
That wasn't my thought process and I certainly wasn't alluding to that.........more like it was a coincidence and something they would have been aware of when reviewing him as a potential draftee :)

Sorry mate that wasn't a dig at you or your comment its just coincidence that what I said was directly after you, to be honest I saw it creeping into a few messages since the draft and just said it then.

We, as supporters, probably read far too much into things and I doubt that the friendship had much to do with any decision made - to consider it I feel as though we are doing a disservice to Sinkers as getting drafted to an AFL list is a massive acheivement. I was trying to say that but not directing it at anyone in particular.

In the past week, I've read into a few things far too much such as the Goddard/Weller connection, the next Rooey in Payne to play alongside the next Buddy (White) and next Jonno Brown (McCartin), I guess that's what we do in the off season... :oops:

I am finding it hard to contain my excitement for the new batch of youngsters coming through though.

Baughb

Team Captain
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
I've enjoyed some of the information about some of our rookie selections given the average punter like myself have no idea about these blokes. It did make me think for a minute about how much pressure kids get put under in the current era of afl, I mean give it a couple of days and look how much sleuthing an internet board accomplished on relatively unknown juniors!

Couldn't imagine going through the assessment processes undertaken by footy clubs as a 17 year old. I guess that's why character and work ethic is increasingly important to meet the professional standards required in today's game. On that note, couldn't be happier with our draft selections over the last couple of years, sounds like we've got a few good heads about.

Hope I'm not intruding ? Just wanted to say , I'm glad you guys picked up Ahmed Saad. What happened to him always left a very bad taste in my mouth. I think he has talent & will serve the StKFC well, all the best for 2015.

BrianSpeaking

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2007
@BigFootyBrian
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hopefully young Brenton can grow to 196cm, he is obviously an elite junior by any definition looking at how many games and goals he played and kicked for the Vic's this year.
In regards to Sinclair, he has a great chance of making it as he is elite in every sport he plays. The Chargers programme is an excellent programme, both developmental wise and off field wise, IMHO both will make the grade with the Saints.

Back