Rookie Draft - Who Won?

Remove this Banner Ad

In this case, the paranoia was wrong. When Hartley was drafted they ceased the interest. Had basically committed to selecting Nyuon and Hams, as well as Tom Wallis being preselected as a F/S.

So there was interest? lol.

But you said they weren't....
My fault for communicating it poorly. At the time of the RD they weren't interested, hence unnecessary.

Nick OKearney absolutely flying apparently. He is going to be upgraded and play games in 2016.

AA midfielder. Was being touted top 20 in draft early on, then he went on to get AA honors, so HOW was he overlooked?

Because of his height? Endurance?

Go saints!!

Last edited:
Nick OKearney absolutely flying apparently. He is going to be upgraded and play games in 2016.

AA midfielder. Was being touted top 20 in draft early on, then he went on to get AA honors, so HOW was he overlooked?

Because of his height? Endurance?

Go saints!!
Because he's a boring, dime-a-dozen midfielder mate with zero x-factor with a very low ceiling.

So. Are any rookies shining out yet?

Glass-McCasker shows terrific athleticism but has some way to go to learn the game. Just not reading the play all that well yet.
Gallucci has been O.K. but just not quite clean enough with possession. Seems a little fumbly to me.
O'Kearney's flying for the saints.

Sam Reid and Daniel Lloyd have shown very good promise during match simulations and with training professionalism.

I would expect no lease from mature age guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Snelling will probably be elevated to the main list by round 1 along with Krakouer & Mitchell. We have 39 on the main list, so 1 rookie can be elevated immediately, plus we are now allowed to elevate another 2 rookies

So. Are any rookies shining out yet?

Glass-McCasker shows terrific athleticism but has some way to go to learn the game. Just not reading the play all that well yet.
Gallucci has been O.K. but just not quite clean enough with possession. Seems a little fumbly to me.
Smith is apparently the standout of all Collingwood's draftees this preseason going by reports. Very likely to be the nominated rookie upgrade.

Will Snelling will probably be elevated to the main list by round 1 along with Krakouer & Mitchell. We have 39 on the main list, so 1 rookie can be elevated immediately, plus we are now allowed to elevate another 2 rookies
Why is Krak back on the rookie list? Thought he acquitted himself well last year. Smart and skilled footballer.

Why is Krak back on the rookie list? Thought he acquitted himself well last year. Smart and skilled footballer.

A bit of incentive for him to push himself harder, get the fitness levels up

Josh Smith (Coll) will play senior footy, gathering some brilliant stuff in pre season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back