List Mgmt. Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't understand why we didn't draft a KPF in the rookie draft who will develop into a superstar? Mind boggling.

Guess Hine did not Rate any of them that where Available with our Picks

Keeffe and Thomas made a mistake lets not hang them. Given both were at Pendles wedding are well thought of in the group and almost certainly more talent and more to offer than any rookie kid in this week draft. Good pick ups welcome baqck

As to the idea of picking KP players in a weak rookie draft. It's very unlikely to happen. Let our drafting staff make their decisions. They know a little more.

Actually they made the very same mistake that Bennell & Carlisle made. Yet they are still playing because they either were lucky enough not to have their coke cut with an illegal substance or weren't drug tested afterwards or both.
The players wanted them back & to be given another chance. The club have done so & good on them. Now it's up to the 2 players what they do with the 2nd chance.

Actually they made the very same mistake that Bennell & Carlisle made. Yet they are still playing because they either were lucky enough not to have their coke cut with an illegal substance or weren't drug tested afterwards or both.
The players wanted them back & to be given another chance. The club have done so & good on them. Now it's up to the 2 players what they do with the 2nd chance.
I get what you are saying, but once the decision was made to re-draft them, the history and circumstances were no longer relevant.
People need to move on, the decision was never going to be reversed

He's been in the system for 4 years now and has little to show for it besides a decent rig. Most KPP at this stage are at least getting 5-10 games of senior footy. Gault doesn't even look close to that. Moore has already passed him by so far it's not funny. (Yes im aware we're talking about a late pick vs pick 9, but you still wouldn't expect a skinny first year KPP to be passing a 4th year KPP by so quickly regardless of the draft position.)

He is an awkward one though - grew into his size late as a junior iirc so when he came across he was basically a raw recruit, not a kid who'd been developing his craft as a KPP throughout his junior football. Definitely worth giving him another go around this year IMO to see if he has taking that next step in him - he's shown glimpses here and there at times even at AFL level (good below his knees for his size for one and he can clunk them at times - just needs to learn how to use that size properly).

If things do pan out and he does take that next step then suddenly our KPP stocks are looking much more healthy.

I need a vent:

What are Collingwood recruiters doing, we took 9 players in the draft and rookie draft, only one of which was a tall forward (who hasn't played football since he was 15), and no small crumbing goal kicker! The 2 obvious needs on our list.

Instead we went about recruiting more inside midfielders and one guy who plays a bit like Pendlebury.

Crocker I'm quite happy with, same size and shape as Roughead, but the rest, excess to requirements.

Come on CFC give us our next Alan Didak or Leon Davis!
players come into clubs and get moved around. i wouldn't read to much into their current positions. Reid came in as A key forward and is an AA key back. Swan was a little chubby back pocket, and will finish up as one of the games best midfielders.

He is an awkward one though - grew into his size late as a junior iirc so when he came across he was basically a raw recruit, not a kid who'd been developing his craft as a KPP throughout his junior football. Definitely worth giving him another go around this year IMO to see if he has taking that next step in him - he's shown glimpses here and there at times even at AFL level (good below his knees for his size for one and he can clunk them at times - just needs to learn how to use that size properly).

If things do pan out and he does take that next step then suddenly our KPP stocks are looking much more healthy.
I don't buy in to that theory now. Yeah, he had a late growth spurt, but he's had 4 years to learn leading patterns and basically how to play key position. That excuse could fly for the first year or two, but after 4 years with very little progress a call needs to be made. For god's sake, he's being out performed by Cox, who had barely kicked a ball in anger 12 months ago, and 18 months ago probably hadn't even seen a game of footy before. At this point in his career, he should be kicking bags in the VFL on a semi regular basis at a minimum, yet he can't even manage that.

He's crap, and is frankly very fortunate to still be listed, even as a rookie. I'll make the call now, I reckon Wyatt will have passed him by this time next year, and I don't even know if the guy can kick a footy.

Yer ! Just like...ahh...umm...the other bloke...you know...
Mids/runners are more likely to make it than KPFs taken in the rookie draft. Can't name too many key forwards who have been drafted as rookies.

Most quality Key Forwards are high draft picks. Obviously the club didn't rate the key position talent after the first round of the national draft.

People in this thread and throughout the board mock Corey Gault and wish he was delisted. That is the type of KPF talent you are most likely to draft as a late pick or rookie selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeffe and Thomas made a mistake lets not hang them. Given both were at Pendles wedding are well thought of in the group and almost certainly more talent and more to offer than any rookie kid in this week draft. Good pick ups welcome baqck

As to the idea of picking KP players in a weak rookie draft. It's very unlikely to happen. Let our drafting staff make their decisions. They know a little more.

Being Mates with the Captain and Coached been a Huge Reason they where Kept on.

Though this How I feel:

Mids/runners are more likely to make it than KPFs taken in the rookie draft. Can't name too many key forwards who have been drafted as rookies.

Most quality Key Forwards are high draft picks. Obviously the club didn't rate the key position talent after the first round of the national draft.

People in this thread and throughout the board mock Corey Gault and wish he was delisted. That is the type of KPF talent you are most likely to draft as a late pick or rookie selection.
Yes. We also seemed to have drafted a few defenders via rookie draft...Maxy, O'Brien, Williams, Toovey

We gave Lachy & Josh our word.
You must honour your word.
That depends if Angelina jolie asks you for a one night stand, might have to break my word to the Mr's ;)

I'd rather take the punt on a speculative young rookie than persist with a player already proven to be no good.

Being Mates with the Captain and Coached been a Huge Reason they where Kept on.

Though this How I feel:

Being mates with Buckley and Pendles literally has nothing to do with the reasons why tey were kept on. You need to chill out about it Dave, the club publicly announced their intentions on this months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back