Toast Rookie pick #11: Welcome to the kennel Bradley Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if he's the reason we didn't go for Bonner - seems to have similar attributes at a vastly cheaper price
I assume also scouting Adams as much as we did enabled us to get a really good look at him and notice his progression through the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if he's the reason we didn't go for Bonner - seems to have similar attributes at a vastly cheaper price
I assume also scouting Adams as much as we did enabled us to get a really good look at him and notice his progression through the year

I thought Adams was West Perth and Lynch Swan Districts, either way I hope our WA based crew have done their job well here.

Tis interesting that this year we've gone for several interstaters, before this year, we seemed to stick with Vic players. I wonder if it is a conscious shift that now we've improved on field, we aren't as worried about losing them back to their home state? Seems an out of the box idea/justification but would be interesting to know.

Tis interesting that this year we've gone for several interstaters, before this year, we seemed to stick with Vic players. I wonder if it is a conscious shift that now we've improved on field, we aren't as worried about losing them back to their home state? Seems an out of the box idea/justification but would be interesting to know.
We did hammer SA last year.
Dawned on me yesterday. Two WA boys. Been quite a while since we'd gone with WA picks. Probably JJ was the last, and before that Schofield (?)

Maybe our recruiting department has expanded. If we had fewer people in the past, it may have been harder to assess interstate players. It's also possible that Macca was very big on Victorian players, because we've only really looked to other states since he left.

You could say we've recruited 3 Bonner types this off season - Suckling, Williams & Lynch - all rangy, athletic winger/back flanker types.

There's always risk in recruiting Western Australians, many of them get 'homesick' and want to return home. Hopefully, we've done our due diligence and found a few who are stickers. Of course, if they turn out to be good players, they can be used in trades later on if it becomes necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's always risk in recruiting Western Australians, many of them get 'homesick' and want to return home. Hopefully, we've done our due diligence and found a few who are stickers. Of course, if they turn out to be good players, they can be used in trades later on if it becomes necessary.
Adams is 22, and i think it was his cousin who posted on here said he was actually keen to come over to Melbourne. Would imagine he is a 5% risk at most of being a flightrisk. Not too sure on Bradley's circumstances though. Bevo seems like a cool cat, and any signs of homesickness will be picked up quickly and things will be put in place.

Coming over at 22 is probably a lot easier than a 17/18 year old I'd imagine, which would probably reduce the homesickness factor.

He strangely reminds me of Dustin martin. In his jumper announcement video he didn't strike me as being particularly well spoken either. Will be interesting to see how he progresses because he certainly has talent.

Separated at birth. For sure.

So did we get the good brother this time?
I guess that depends whether you're asking this on the basis of footballing ability or Robin Nahas rumour generating ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back